Think Happy Thoughts for me PLEASE, the RESULTS ARE IN...

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by Jedi_Wench, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    Put the books away. You know this stuff, and are going to kick that test's butt into next year.

Wenchy rules! :D :) [face_love] :p

2. Anwelei Jedi Knight

star 3
    WOOHOO! you can do it Wenchy!!!!
  3. Darth_Greedo Jedi Master

star 3
    Good luck dear!! We are rottin for you.
  4. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW! Thanks so much guys! I am feeling pretty good today despite a night of tossing and turning. I really feel your support and thank you guys so much!

Thanks Choady for calling last night with the pep talk, it made me feel loved.

ZOO: I'll definately pass now! ;) You and that Scottsman are AWESOME!

Thanks so much guys, you have no idea how much your rooting for me means. I love you all!
  5. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    GOOOOOOO! wenchy

(rob Schneider voice) "You can do it"
  6. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    *sends hugs to Wenchy*

No luck is needed because we know you are going to kick butt. In fact, you will do so well, hospital and clinics will start a bidding war for your services.
  7. Mobius FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    GO WENCHY!!! I have faith in you!
  8. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks guys!

Well, the deed is done. I had to test in Phoenix and I got there early just in case traffic was bad or I couldn't find it. Well, it was really easy to find and the traffic was ok, so in I went at 11 am just to check in. I didn't expect them to allow me to take it early but they did. I was so nervous I thought I would vomit.

Well, I took the test and it was the hardest nursing exam I've ever taken. You know how usually you have an inkling of how you've done? Well, this time I honestly don't know.

The NCLEX is a computer exam that has up to 265 questions. As you answer questions the computer determines your ability level by asking you enough questions at different levels until you can only answer 50% of the questions correctly. The test is not graded on a percentage score, you have to pass a certain ability level to get your license.

Anyway, the minimum number of questions that are needed to determine an ability level is 75, but it can test you on up to 265 questions. My exam shut off exactly after I finished answering the 75th question. This means that either I totally BOMBED the NCLEX (because if you do extremely bad in the first 75 it shuts off anyway) or I was able to pass it in 75 questions.

I'm in absolute terror right now because it shut off so early and because there was only one type of question on my test: multiple choice. There was also the chance to get multiple answer questions, fill in the blank questions, medication calculation questions, and point and click on a diagram questions. My test had NONE of those and I wasn't expecting that.

I should find out my results on Friday, but I simply have no idea how I did. I'm really freaked out right now because it shut off after 75 questions and it was so different from what I expected. I wish I could find out sooner because the next two days are going to be anguish.

But hey, what's done is done at this point and I either passed or I failed and I have to get on with my life. BUT, if you hear a large explosion coming from the north on Friday, I've probably spontaneously combusted with despair.

I am at the mercy of the Arizona State Board of Nursing now.
  9. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure it stopped because you had already shown your skill and it didn't need to waste time. Which means that now you should take the next couple days to relax and enjoy the fact that atleast you don't have to study. :)
    (I find that Chubby Hubby ice cream, a good novel and eventually a hot bath helps alot with this)
  10. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, what Mick said. Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine. If not, it's an experience.
  11. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm trying to calm down about it, but I think hormones are playing into this some...I walked out of the test center, called my hubby and burst into tears. Not really like me unless you're proposing marriage to someone in front of me.

I think I'm going to go to Baskin Robbins and get some Gold Medal Ribbon or maybe some Winter White Chocolate, then onto Hastings to rent some movies, and then straight to bed to try not to panic while I wallow in ice cream and sexy movie guys.

BTW Mick, you're such a girl! ;)
  12. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    NEVER! They can take away our ice cream, but they'll never take our girliness! :D

Or something... ;)

I'm the first to admit that ice cream makes me feel better. It's definately an estrogen thing.
  14. ashliepink Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good Luck, Choc Chip Cookie dough, always makes me feel better....
  15. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    my bet is that you did really well, and it knew you shouldnt have to do more.

if its on computer, i would think they could give your scores faster.
  16. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm with Birr, I'm surprised they can't give you your scores right away. That's how all of my computer-based tests have been.

I'm sure you did great, Wench. If the test ended that quickly then it must have recognised that you knew all of the answers. ;)
  17. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    Wenchy: You passed. :) If you didn't pass, it would mean I'm a stinky liar, so since I don't stink, you passed (gaze in amazement at my wonderful logic ;) 8-} 8-} [face_laugh]). :)
  18. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I think you passed, so I'm gonna get you started on the story And entire weekend spent here.... And it snowed for 12 hours before I knew anything about it [face_mischief] [face_devil]

The rest will have to be a PM or truly wicked IM conversation after you get the results :D
  19. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Brown Palace!!!! [face_shocked]

I love the Brown Palace!!!! [face_love] (Never actually been there but did the virtual tour when I managed conferences)

WENCHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll pass! :D
  20. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks guys, I hope all of you are right I really do.

Well, I got my movies and my ice cream (one scoop of Jamoca Roca and one scoop of Chocolate Peanut Butter) and I'm feeling a bit better. Watched Open Range, Kevin Costner kicks some major gun slingin' behind.

I'm with you all on the computer thing...you'd think you could get the results right away, but they won't give them to us until the Arizona State Board of Nursing gets them which takes two days even though the results are supposed to be electronically sent and the offices are in the same city. I don't get it either.

The test was at Pearson testing center off of Bell and 29th and I guess they do all sorts of testing there from IT to Dental Hygeine to Nursing. The other test takers...ones taking the other tests, got their results right away. We have to wait. ICK.

Anyway, I'll make sure you guys know as soon as I find out. Hopefully I won't have to disappoint you all.
  21. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    and one scoop of Chocolate Peanut Butter)

Oh, yer killin' me! :eek: :p I [face_love] that stuff, but I haven't found any in the NSA variety :( :_|
  22. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    so since I don't stink, you passed

?[face_plain] <sniff> <sniff>

Nope... I don't smell anything... ;)

23. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "I'm with you all on the computer thing...you'd think you could get the results right away, but they won't give them to us until the Arizona State Board of Nursing gets them which takes two days even though the results are supposed to be electronically sent and the offices are in the same city. I don't get it either."

I suppose Nursing tests are a little more high-stakes than say, an MCSE. Perhaps there's some process by which the State Board reviews and certifies the results of each person's test before they actually admit that yes, you actually have passed. //shrug//
  24. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that's probably what happens...you're so smart Admiral!
  25. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You're the one that passed the test, not me. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.