main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Thinking about giving up my Chapter rep status here...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    So, let me be honest - after recent events with a certain situation, I am thinking about giving up my Chapter Rep status (Title only) here to pursue more time developing an offline version of the SFF here in Salisbury, NC that would give me more control over access, customization, photos, friends, changes and users I don't share positions with. Currently all this can be done with the help of the excellent regional reps with very fast results but I'm selfish and want to do it myself. The SFF is evolving into more than just a Star Wars fan group with a heavy emphasis on gaming, game nights, D&D, comics, collectibles, costuming of all sorts, prop making, etc. of all different fandoms. BESIDES - there is an excellent local chapter nearby in Charlotte, NC headed by CR; Jada that could pick up the slack easily (Sometimes consolidation is a good thing).

I love being the rep here and would continue to come back as just a member but not having complete moderator controls like other boards is a hinderance. Jedi Trace has done an absolute AWESOME job and I love the force.net, these forums and have made many friends. I have no regrets or anything like that - just don't want to maintain two boards. I have asked one particular member if he wants to take over for me and hope he does...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.