South East Thinking about giving up my chapter rep status here...

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So, let me be honest - after recent events with a certain situation, I am thinking about giving up my Chapter Rep status (Title only) here to pursue more time developing an offline version of the SFF here in Salisbury, NC that would give me more control over access, customization, photos, friends, changes and users I don't share positions with. Currently all this can be done with the help of the excellent regional reps with very fast results but I'm selfish and want to do it myself. The SFF is evolving into more than just a Star Wars fan group with a heavy emphasis on gaming, game nights, D&D, comics, collectibles, costuming of all sorts, prop making, etc. of all different fandoms. BESIDES - there is an excellent local chapter nearby in Charlotte, NC headed by CR; Jada that could pick up the slack easily (Sometimes consolidation is a good thing).

I love being the rep here and would continue to come back as just a member but not having complete moderator controls like other boards is a hinderance. Jedi Trace has done an absolute AWESOME job and I love the force.net, these forums and have made many friends. I have no regrets or anything like that - just don't want to maintain two boards. I have asked one particular member if he wants to take over for me and hope he does...
  2. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I hate to hear that, Rip. I know y'all have had some rough times, but you've done a great job with your group and you should be proud that you're growing. :)

Many groups use off-site boards because they want the level of control that you're talking about, but I do hope that your chapter will maintain a presence here. Please let me know whatever you decide or if there's anything I can do to help.

3. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I know nothing of any of your internal workings. However, unless you are thinking of completely disbanding your chapter altogether and merging with another group then there is no reason to lose the FanForce status that got your group off the ground to start (if that is indeed the case). FanForce is still a great resource to connect fans from around the country (and world).

Our chapter, the MACON CLONES is very active independently however I have made a point to the other members that our roots are here and that is something that shouldn't be forgotten.

Nevertheless I wish you luck.

Cheers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.