Lit Third Essential Guide to Characters (formerly "Who would you want to see . . . ?")

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dan Wallace, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Darth Vadaren't. :D
  2. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah... they forgot to put-in a few younglings at the door.
    :p
  3. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Not good enough, darnit. Not good enough![/Picard]

Odd question. Anyone wanna toss out a ballpark figure for the number of characters in SW total?
  4. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    On Wookieepedia there are about 10,200 articles for different male characters and about 2,900 females (:rolleyes: at the massive difference) There's about 120 Hutt articles (they are hermaphrodites) and I'm not sure how many other characters there are who have an unspecified gender but I'd go with about 13,600 characters or so.

5. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    @ two pages per? [face_laugh]

A new 27,200 page guide?
    Want.

But only if its $19.95 or less.
  6. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    And if a character guide doesn't have two pages dedicated to this guy, it's just not worth it, is it?
  7. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Can't believe I forgot them when I mentioned groups. We haven't seen a damn one of those people.
  8. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Betchya any money I can describe most of them in incredible detail.

Although I'd like to see a better picture of Vau.
  9. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Every single clone and stormtrooper should have their own set of pages as well.

93 Lbs.
    This book, will be.
  10. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Force Ghost

star 5
    Screw... whoever that is.

It's all about Jon Skywalker.
  11. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    He had the Ed Harris inspired Skirata, but I'd love to see pics of the non clones. Etain, Jusik, Venku, Vau and Zey. Even a Trevas drawn Skirata would be really cool.
  12. Plaristes Force Ghost

star 3
  13. Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost

star 4
    Man, Luke was pissed when I told Jabba all of the Rebellion's secrets. That was the worst choice my ten-year-old-self ever made.

Havac's list was good save for the omission of Saba. That omission is glaring, I tell you, glaring!
  14. Treborani Jedi Knight

star 3
    Though we are getting a picture of Saba, since she's supposedly gracing the back cover of Vortex.
  15. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Is she glaring there too?
  16. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hav, I didn't notice any clone characters on your list, other than Kal's group. Alpha at least I think would be worth a potential spot, and a group one for clone troopers, clone commanders, or Republic commandos. For groups, I'd also include Rogue Squadron (instead of just the leaders) and Wraith Squadron.

I don't mean to nitpick a whole hypothetical list, those were just the two that jumped out at me.
  17. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

You think Luke woulda mentioned him now and then [face_laugh]

I have to assume that this person only thinks they are Luke Skywalker's Best Friend, and that Luke just awkwardly never responds to the suggestion out of politeness. [face_laugh]
  18. TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Heh, heh, heh.

TC
  19. Treborani Jedi Knight

star 3
    We can only hope.

[face_laugh] I can just picture this guy following Luke all around Tatooine asking Luke questions about that glowy sword thing he just got.
  20. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I'm watching you... veeery closely.

21. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    If that's in response to what I think it is, I'm just going off what's been released so far.
  22. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Since the NEGTC came out, he's battled the Yuuzhan Vong over Bastion, joined the GA, become the Supreme Commander, and brought the Empire into the SGCW and died. He's got enough new information in a major enough role, and he's already a mainstay of the EU, that I think he's got to be in there, and doesn't fit in the no-real-new-information category. Though whether as a must-include or just a supporting character is debatable, but mostly meaningless.

In an ideal world, I'd agree about the groups, but I was trying to look at this somewhat realistically, and I think that once you go beyond half a dozen characters or so, the entries might become too big and unwieldy for it to work as one group entry. The only exception would be the Grand Admirals, who don't have much really established about them, besides Zaarin (Thrawn is assumed to get an independent entry), and with whom you can get away with shorter bios and still establish new information. There's a possibility for additional non-comprehensive groups, say a Wraith Squadron pilots group of Kell Tainer, Tyria Sarkin Tainer, Elassar Targon, Garik "Face" Loran, Myn Donos, Gara Petothel, and Voort "Piggy" saBinring and a Rogue Squadron pilots group of Inyri Forge, Nrin Vakil, Zev Senesca, Asyr Sei'lar, Dllr Nep, etc. The problem is that once you start including people, you find five more people who are worth including, and your group gets huge. Which, if Dan or whoever could make it work, great. I just didn't want to get into it because I'd end up listing twenty Rogues I want to see. My list isn't intended to be definitive, anyway, just one possible full slate.

As for the clones: my bad. I was thinking at one point about which clones I should include, but couldn't decide if Alpha, Cody, or Rex would be the better addition, and ended up forgetting about all of them. A clone officers group of those three plus Bly, Bacara, Appo, Gree, and whoever else would make a pretty good group too.

EDIT: I said I knew I'd be forgetting some people. Anakin Solo should definitely be in the category of people with no new information but who are still important enough to include.

Also, Armand Isard, Airen Cracken, and Judder Page as suggestions.

Alright, I'm not going to lie, I'd like to see about two hundred entries.:p
  23. Zorkel567 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  24. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Yeah um... I'm not going to lie, I read that as a possibility one of Dark Horse's next projects is a 50-issue run called Zsinj. It will be based pre-ANH and star all the big names of that time, including Bria Tharen, Capitson, Lemelisk, and Rokur Gepta, one of Zsinj's arch-nemises. Wookieepedia would have a hayday bringing Zsinj's article back up to #1 longest.
  25. Senator_Cilghal Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, I'm thinking how the NEGC inc a single group entry for the JEDI COUNCIL and PODRACER PILOTS. Similar entry could be useful to help now; each one could have a brief paragraph for each character, and a group shot pic or small portaits; I have provided some possible examples that could be selected from for each group:

1) Clone Troopers--this could include Cody, Bly, the Republic Commandos, Jangotat, etc.

2) Jedi Officer Corps--this could include Jedi from the Clone Wars, like Tyzen Xebec, Nejaa Halcyon (who STILL has no pic), etc.

3) Jedi Councillors--let us face it, we need more info on Coleman Trebor and Coleman Kcaj!; also a good place for Mical "the Disciple", Kenth Hamner, Tresina Lobi, Saba Sebatyne, Cilghal, Octa Ramis, the Solusars, T'ra Saa, Tili Qua, Atris & the KOTOR II gang, Zym & Satele Shan, Tor Difusal, Thame Cerulian, Sifo-Dyas, T'un, Tyvokka, and Micah Giiett (Tor, Thame, and T'un still need pics); plus Dan could shed some light on these guys:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Purple-skinned_Jedi
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gran_Council_member

4) Jedi Lords--yeah, here you can stick Valenthyne and all his cronies from JvS and Darth Bane series

5) Sith Lords--here go all the Sith who haven't got their own novels yet

6) Rogue Squadron--Tycho, Hobbie, Janson, Ibtisam, etc.

7) Wraith Squadron--Face, Runt, etc.

8) Whiplash operatives--here you can include Jax Pavan and all his little buddies, I-5YQ, etc.

9) Rimsoo personnel--Tarnese Bleyd, Filba, Klo Merit, Jos Vondar, etc.

10) Corporate Sector Authority--here go Fiolla, Odumin, etc.

11) Smugglers--self-explanatory

12) Imperial Warlords--Harrsk, Delvardus, Teradoc, etc. (most of these still need pics!)

13) Moffs--Hissa, Lecersen, Calixte, etc.

14) Hutt Crimelords--Borvo, Zorba, etc.

15) Altisian Jedi--Master Altis, Callista, Geith, etc.

16) Mandalorians--Rohlan, Skirata and his cronies, the Mandalores, Satine

17) Witches of Dathomir

18) Bounty Hunters--self-explanatory

19) Yuuzhan Vong--a good catch-all for NJO vilains

20) Jedi Purge survivors--this could include lots of characters from Rise of Darth Vader, Last of the Jedi series, the Dark Woman, Qu Rahn, etc.

21) Stormtroopers--Hand of Judgment, Nova Stihl, Davin Felth, 501st, Grodin Tierce, etc.

22) Separatist Councillors--Nute, Wat Tambor, San Hill, Poggle, Shu Mai, Passel, Po Nudo, Tikkes, Queen Miraj Scientel, and Rogwa Wodrata (this would be a great place to expand on Rogwa's character, and on the details of Po Nudo's Shi'ido aide!)

23) Planetary Leaders--G'Mai Duris of Ord Cestus (X'Ting species need a pic), Veruna of Naboo (he needs a pic!), Blackart of Solay (time to name his species!), Molierre Cundertol of Bakura (needs a pic!), King Cleroff (planet needs a name), Dhol of Cheelit (species needs a name), Frane of Rutan (Rutanian species needs a pic), Princess Lourdes (we need her planet named), Rana Mas Trehalt of Duro (oh please please please a pic--I have imagined Duros royalty's wardrobe inspired that of the Neimoidians), Breha Organa of Alderaan, Lama Su of Kamino, Roy Teda of Romin (Romin species needs a pic)

24) Officers--ok, this could include Ozzel, Needa, Piett, Veers, Rieekan, Dodonna, Madine, etc.

25) Gungans--Boss Nass, Tarpals, etc. (this would be a good time to name the 4th member of Rep Council--always annoyed me only 3 of the 4 were given names)

26) Ewoks--Kneesaa, Latara, the Warricks, Teebo, Paploo, Chirpa, Logray, Tarfang (deer goodness he needs a pic), Chukha-Trok, Graak, Kaink, Kolot (the real counterpart to the fictitious Kettch), etc.

27) Senators--Cellheim Anujo (what's under that mask?!), Seti Ashgad, Darsana, Bog Divinian, Gno, Grebleips, Nemrileo irm-Drocubac, Sano Sauro, Uta S'orn, Lavina Durada-Vashne Wren, Chairman Behn-kihl-nahm, Ghic Dx'ono, Porolo Matamia, Ta'laam Ranth, Haydnat Treen of Kuat, Cian Marook, M'yet Luure, etc.

28) Black Sun--the Vigos, Oolth, Dal Perhi, Tuden Sal, Savan, Naxy Screeger, Allic (species name?), Dequc, Mal Coramma, Czethros (really needs pic!), Anja Gallandro, Alexi Garyn, Zekka Thyne, Guri, Kaird (species so