Third Installment of the 2003 Jedi Draft ***FINALS NOW COMMENCING***

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Horax Jedi Master

star 6

Hello everybody,
    This is Darth-Horax,your friendly draft creator and commissioner. Until I hear otherwise, I am starting the third installment of the now famous draft series.

The last two drafts were won by GenMadine, and Effortless-Skill came in a close second both times.

However, since the last draft ended, there will be some new rules and such we will need to discuss.

First off, all rules stay the same, but with some minor additions.
    The first addition, will be the playability of an AMBUSH! An AMBUSH will act kind of like a TRUMP, but it won't have as serious of an effect as a TRUMP would, but it won't be as effective either.

As we all know, a TRUMP allows a team to pit two players against a random foe, giving them the upper hand in a battle. However, the next time one of the TRUMPED players numbers gets called, they automatically forfeit due to previously being used.

An AMBUSH will be played as follows. Before a round is started, a player will PM me with the name of the character he/she wants to AMBUSH with. They then tell me what team they want to AMBUSH. They don't have to AMBUSH the team they are fighting at that time. For example, if team 1 is beating the snot out of team 2, but notices that their next round opponent is tougher than they are and in a close battle, team 1 can then AMBUSH the team they will fight next, in hopes of knocking them out of the way so they can face the weaker team. The AMBUSH acts similarly as a TRUMP does in the point that two fighters take on one, but it only lasts for half of the battle, making it tougher on the judges. However, and this is where it gets good, the AMBUSHING fighter will NOT be allowed in the TEAM BATTLE portion of the fight...but they WILL be allowed in their own personal battle. This makes it less of a risk to the one who is AMBUSHING.

Ok, now it's time to signup for the draft.

I will need a total of 12 GM's and 3 judges.

Please post here if you are interested. And Effortless-Skill, you need to let me know if you want to GM again or judge or whatever. Also, Corran, please notify the winner of your Starfighter Draft that they have a reserved spot in this draft.

Thank you.

ON WITH THE DRAFT!

Judging by the "last post" comments, I think we're officially done.

2. effortless_skill Jedi Master

star 4
    i am here to claim the top spot in the draft.also jedi lord windu wants to play .so sign him up for me horry .i wont pick mace at all . i have a new team that i want to play with this time...
  3. Corran10584 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Draft veteran Corran10584 makes his return as a General Manager.

Be afraid.

~Corran
  4. Darth-Horax Jedi Master

star 6

Second Best PM'ed me requesting a spot as GM.

GM List:
    1)Effortless-Skill
    2)Corran10584
    3)Jedi Lord Windu
    4)SecondBest
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

Judges:
    1)GenMadine
    2)
    3)

Commissioner and regulator:
    Yours truly

ON WITH THE DRAFT!
  5. effortless_skill Jedi Master

star 4
    there is nothing to be afraid of from someone from california.......
  6. Corran10584 Jedi Knight

star 5
    You just keep telling yourself that e_s. Time will tell your fate.

:p ;)

~Corran
  7. effortless_skill Jedi Master

star 4
    to bad time has already told yours. [face_devil] :p
  8. Corran10584 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yes, indeed it has. And a sweet future it shall be indeed. To bad you shall not last long enough to see it [face_devil]

~Corran
  9. Darth-Horax Jedi Master

star 6

You've gotta love the trash talk, folks!

Hey E-S, sorry about McDyess. That sucks. Also, did you hear about the trade that almost went through? Denver was sending Rodney White and a backup guard(never identified) to NY and Toronto respectively, in return we'd get Othella Harrington and Mo Peterson from Toronto, and NY would get a draft pick or two...didn't happen though.
  10. Saber_Leader Jedi Master

star 4
    GM List:
    1)Effortless-Skill
    2)Corran10584
    3)Jedi Lord Windu
    4)SecondBest
    5) Saber_Leader
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

Judges:
    1)GenMadine
    2)
    3)
  11. Darth-Horax Jedi Master

star 6

Welcome SaberLeader!
    ON WITH THE DRAFT!
  12. effortless_skill Jedi Master

star 4
    judging that your from cali i will see the end of yours very quickly. lets see this team of cheerleaders that you build.
  13. Saber_Leader Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks!

I'm currently in Corran's Starfighter draft, so I have some experience, even if it's not in the Jedi draft.

Question: Is the draft board the same as the second Jedi draft or will there be changes?
  14. effortless_skill Jedi Master

star 4
    i think that you should make a note and tell every one to be dedicated to drafting thier players and sending in list and stuff.that way the draft does nto have to take forever .
  15. Darth-Horax Jedi Master

star 6

I will make an announcement about that at the proper time. And SaberLeader, the list should be the same, but if we decide on dropping a few pseudo-Jedi for some better ones that people may have in mind, we will let you know.
  16. GenMadine Jedi Knight

star 6
    I am a littel confused with this Ambush thing.

Can you explain it again, or perhaps differently.

Thanks

Madine out
  17. effortless_skill Jedi Master

star 4
    the ambush thing really makes no sense to me also horax .you need to clear that up.
  18. Darth-Horax Jedi Master

star 6

Sure.

Basically, you PM me with a person you want to AMBUSH with. You also tell me the name of the team you want to AMBUSH. A roll of the die before the round will let you know what person you will AMBUSH on the other team. You don't know who you will AMBUSH, but it may be somebody important like Yoda or Palpatine. The AMBUSHEE will then fight against the AMBUSHERS until somebody wins. I'm not going to worry about fighting only half the fight like before, so forget about that part.

The person that you AMBUSH with will still be allowed in the one on one fighting, but not the team fight, leaving your team open to a 6 on 5 instead of a 6 on 6 final showdown.

The only difference between the TRUMP and AMBUSH are that who you AMBUSH will be random, and that you lose your character for the team battle.
  19. Corran10584 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah, very confused :p

~Corran
  20. effortless_skill Jedi Master

star 4
    that to me is not really fun..thats just my 2 cents.
  21. OBIX2 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm in as a GM again! :D
  22. Corran10584 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Since Gaeri was the winner of the First Starfighter Draft, I'll go ahead and put her name on the list. Hopefully we can get some more new people to join this time.

GM List:
    1) Effortless-Skill
    2) Corran10584
    3) Jedi Lord Windu
    4) SecondBest
    5) Saber_Leader
    6) OBIX1
    7) Gaeri
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)