main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Third Installment of the 2003 Jedi Draft ***FINALS NOW COMMENCING***

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    No, the U.S, won the war. Germany was dominating Europe, even bombing Britain during the Battle of Britain. And we all know the French line their streets with trees so the Germans can always march in the shade ;) When the United States entered the war on both fronts, that's when Hitler started rumaging through the medicine cabinet looking for cyanide pills :D

Yeah, I know it's an odd comparison, but it still proves my point. 2 mediocre fighters together couldn't defeat a stronger opponent.

~Corran

2. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
  3. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    corran just to let you know if you dont win the game.i wont fight you .i dont wanna fight the runner up [face_laugh] :)

4. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    I prefer thinking that the US ended one war by starting another war which could have been much much worst.

:) You americans and your uber powerful bombs, makes me happy to be your allies. :)

5. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Well, in that case, I don't want to fight a team that couldn't even make it to the Quarter-Finals [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Horax: That article sounds about right. Man, I hate the French.

~Corran

6. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    make it 2 finals then laugh .you got knocked in the second round your first time.hahahah

7. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Say what you will about the use of the Atomic Bomb of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but it was necessary. If the U.S. government hadn't ordered the dropping of the bombs, tens of millions more would have been killed before the War between the U.S. and Japan was over, including both American and Japanese civilians. Yes, it was a terrible price to pay, but when you think of what the outcome would have been if we didn't drop the bombs, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are examples of necessary evils. I'm not saying that ends always justify the means, but in this case it's true.

~Corran

8. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    so when the same thing happens to america corran keep the same outlook and veiw then.

9. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    Oh Corran I am not saying that it wasnt necessary, I wrote an essay for english saying how it was necessary its just politically with Russia, the US strained relations between the countries setting up for almost half a century of cold war conflicts. which the world got through okay.

but enough history and all where is GQJ2 and his numbers we could almost finish this thing.

10. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    You really shouldn't hate the French Corran. If it weren't for them we wouldn't even be a country. They are the only reason we were able to win the American Revolutionary War.

I'm not sure if I agree with your decision to change your vote Horax. Just because you voted the other way once doesn't mean your mind can't change. Maybe you took some more factors into account the second time around and that is why your opinion changed or maybe you gained new respect for some of the fighters. You are the commish so you can do that but I don't think it was the right call. Just my opinion.

11. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    I do agree.your mind is allowed to change.

12. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Niktos - welcome back. Your thoughts on the first round of the finals?

Madine out

13. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    Good to be back Madine.

I was shocked at the result. Not so much at the fact that Corran lost but because of the way he did lose. 4-0 after 4 battles was not what I expected. However I do think Corran will prevail. It is tough to beat a great team once much less twice. I'm sure e_s can agree with me their. Plus it is tough to get match-ups that good twice.

With these drafts though you always expect the unexpected.

14. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    So, Niktos, I remember you saying I wouldn't win a match, huh? [face_mischief]

8-}

15. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    are you signing up nikto's?

16. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    I also recall saying that.

All that really matters though is you didn't win. ;)

17. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Yes, yes, but 3rd place compared to your what place, again?

Oh, yes, I think you were tied for last place...

[face_devil] 8-}

No seriously, I hope you take part of the 4th Jedi Draft. :)

18. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    he better sign up now beofre the spots are gone.

19. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    I'm assuming your referring to the next draft e_s?

I do indeed plan on signing up. I still love the draft even if I didn't have too much fun this time because of Ismaren pick which I thought was going to be a very good one turning out terrible.

Who do you think is going to win the Superbowl e_s?

20. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    The panthers!!!!! they have the better running game.both passing attacks are teh same.

21. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Oh my God! Something me and e_s agree on!! :eek:

Go Panthers! :D :D

~Corran

22. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    I'm rooting for the Panthers since I hate the Patriots and Tom Brady. Panthers are probably my third favorite team anyway.

I think the Patriots will probably win by a very slim margin though. It is pretty much a toss up, but I think their pass defense is too good.

23. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    yeah but dont forget the panthers have the best d line in the league.brady will be in major trouble.

24. SuperVader

Sep 23, 2002
    The pats have an a good pass defense and that is good against passing teams which the panthers are not Davis and Foster (I think) will probably win the game for the panthers at least they better i have money riding on this game. not much though.

25. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    [face_plain]

The Starfighter Draft is closed so Wiggins can start up the Bounty Hunter Draft again.

[face_shocked]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.