Third Installment of the 2007 Jedi Draft [USWD Trial Underway]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthIntegral, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah I was sort of making a joke/insulting Mara based on the "three great minds" bit...
  2. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Kyp? Suzi? Anyone out there?
  3. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm gonna go with Boba and Kyle.
  4. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
  5. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Team Rufio (6) vs. Ko He shin (5)

How about the pilots this time?

Han Solo, Baron Soontir Fel, Wes Janson and Derek "Hobbie" Klivian (Prepared by Leia Organa-Solo) vs. Anakin Skywalker, Tycho Celchu, Gavin Darklighter, and Saesee Tiin (Unprepared)
  6. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
  7. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's some match. Winner seems pretty obvious, though.
  8. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    I actually think it's far from clear cut. Four of the five best pilots are on one side, but that team is unprepared for combat. The other team doesn't have slouches, and they're prepared for battle, and they have cohesion on their side. But, the other team isn't bad in cohesion, simply two-pairs of wingmates trying to fly as a foursome.

Far from clear cut, IMO.
  9. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    When is this thing actually going to start?
  10. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    This
  11. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    I'd say the lack of prep isn't too big a concern, since Tycho knows the entire other team pretty damn well, and Gavin knows 3/4 of four. Its not like they need a big dossier on the other folks.

but seriously, just vote. I can't imagine I will be winning the Jedi part with Luke the team killer on the other side, so I figure this is pretty irrelevant.
  12. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Cool then.

Anakin > Fel > Tiin > Tycho > Gavin > Han > Wes > Hobbie

Gives a strong individual advantage to Ko He Shin. At least as strong as you can have in a match like this.

Force obviously goes to Ko He Shin as well.

Cohesion goes to Rufio, but not by a lot.

Being prepared by Leia gives a big advantage to Rufio, as well.

In the end, though, I just don't see anyone shooting down Anakin in this dogfight. They'll know he's the best of the group before they start, but that doesn't mean they can take him down, not with the other three too capable to allow any one to double up on Anakin.

Ko He Shin wins a squeaker.

13. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    How is Leia's prep a big advantage?
  14. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    umm ...

They get a chance to work on a strategy (the other team doesn't)

Leia is very familiar with half of the other team

Leia has experience in helping prepare troops for battle and (though not doing it here, it helps) has directed pilots in battle

Leia provides extra motivation for Han

I can stop now, though. It's a decent advantage. I'd think that in general your piloting team is the one you'd want prepared, especially when/if mixing eras.
  15. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    In a match of this caliber the prepped team has a huge advantage, IMO. I don't think Annykins is invincible, especially not when he's being led into what will probably be a trap. I imagine the prep would tell them who they are flying against(whereas the other team won't know) and so there won't be any skill-based surprises. Well trained soldiers are always an advantage, but in war ambushes tend to negate many such advantages, IMO. I think the prep team makes it close just on virtue of being close on all categories, and being prepped.

That said.

Tycho is very cool under pressure, Gavin's a pretty creative one and Anakin is prodigious with a stick in his hands(no jokes plz). I'm not sure even that advantage would give it to them. Anakin's ability to improvise, I think, is what is going to offset the prep enough to his team the close win. So sue me.
  16. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Team Rufio (6) vs. Ko He shin (6)

And finally the Jeedai?

Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ulic-Qel Droma, and Kyp Durron (Unprepared) vs. Darth Vader, Darth Bane, Exar Kun, and Darth Krat (Prepared by Nial Declann)
  17. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    That's the greatest pilot battle I've seen since Borleias. Also, good judgments.

Slave bikini.

18. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    Obi-Wan can't handle offensive Force powers, so clearly the team with Bane on it should win.
  19. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
  20. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    So ... team Luke wins, yes? It's somewhat close-ish. No one on Ko He Shin is going down easily. But no one over there has the ability to take down Luke. Regardless of Prep and what he's told, Vader's pretty much going straight for Obi-Wan, no matter what, I'd imagine. Ulic and Kun is a decent enough battle that would probably be happening as a side battle, and that leaves Luke/Kyp against Bane/Krayt. Doesn't Bane hate Krayt? Even if he doesn't, that's a pretty clear victory, and Luke can then help end the other battles, or take on the surviving Sith.

So, yeah, in the real thing, we use this format, but Luke cannot do Force Combat.
  21. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
  22. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Cool. Ken wins. He'll get a guaranteed spot in the USWD.
  23. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So now...what? We start the real thing? Hold discussion over what just happened, or...?
  24. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Whoa your guys' colors are trippin me out.
  25. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    I'll give a few days for discussion before starting the real thing. I think the new system will work well, though.

And I think Luke is the only one who needs a restriction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.