main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Third Meeting and Toys for Tots

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GentleBant, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    :~)

Date: Saturday, December 7
    Time: 4:00
    Place: GentleBant's 'umble 'ome
    (I'll email everyone directions/map.)

This is it! This is the meeting that will mark our "official" transition to true Fan Force status. :~D

Don't forget: Bring a Star Wars toy for our donation to Toys for Tots. I will find the nearest drop off site and what the req's are for donated toys. (It's our first community service, everyone!!!)

I'll provide cookies and snacks. One thing: I don't drink soda, so I don't have any to serve. Would anyone mind bringing some? Otherwise, I'll add it to my next Vons/Ralphs run.

Additional question: I believe the Harbor Light festival thingy is that evening. Are we interested in going as a group?

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I send my best wishes!That's so cool that you guys do things as a group!

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I can't wait!

I'l bring the sodas! Special requests, post! :)

I have no idea when the Harbor Light Festival is, but if it's that night, going as a group would be great!

Do we wrap the Toys for Tots? What is everyone else getting? I don't want to bring the same thing! :D

4. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Pretty much any soda is good for me, except regular Coke, blah!

As for the Harbor Light Festival, I won't be able to go. Some friends of mine are playing a show that night.

What Star Wars toy am I gunna get? I'm not sure. Whatever's on sale I guess, hehe. I think there's a pretty big sale at Toy's 'R' Us tomorrow but I don't think I'll brave the crowds.

5. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay, I got the "Yoda Wisdom Force" (the talking Yoda that you ask questions) for Toy's for Tots. No one else get that! :)

6. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    *Sniff* Can't be there. Wah.

(Oh, and I believe Toys for Tots asks for unwrapped toys. They need to see what the toy is to be able to give it to an appropriate child.)

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Réka, I know you'll be with us in spirit. :~)

I don't think we need to wrap them....

I'll send everyone a map via email this week on how to get to my place.
    :~D

See you all soon!

Let's plan on *not* going to the light festival; it sounds as though folks are busy, and I might need to take care of some house stuff. :~(

8. ObiWanKainobi

ObiWanKainobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2002
    Well, the good news is I'm registered! The band news is that i've been scheduled for work on the evening of the 7th. I'm going to see what I can do about having the shift covered but we're going through a manager drought now so I don't think there will be anyone that needs the shift. I'll keep you posted though. If I can't make it I'll get my toy to you somehow (maybe via Matt). Unitl next time, "May the Force be with you".

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Would it be better if we met earlier?

10. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    You suck Kai.

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, got my toys last night. :~)

Did you guys get the PM?

YoungJedi, you're bringing the SW Holiday special for our viewing "enjoyment," right?

12. ObiWanKainobi

Dec 3, 2002
    Well, I wasn't able to have my shift covered, but i was able to switch shifts so i'll get off of work at 5:30. so, if we could meet then that'd be great otherwise i could just show up as soon as i get off (i don;t want to mess up everyone's plans). either way is fine with me.

13. ObiWanKainobi

Dec 3, 2002
    p.s. my aim name is ObiWanKainobi
    and my email is ObiWanKainobi@aol.com
    =-)

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Wow! A newby! Finally,i'm officailly NOT the newby anymore!That's cool,welcome!

15. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    He's only a newbie to the boards. He was at the last meeting.

I could bring the Holiday Special, but I only have it on my computer! I think Matt was the one that had the videotape. Am I right?

No more soda requests?! That's insane!

16. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, I have the Holiday Special on VHS. I'll bring it and we can watch it... if you dare!

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    :~D

Watch it! Watch it!

We could watch it while we wait for ObiKai :~D, or talk and wait for him. Either way.

YoungJedi, like I said, I don't drink it, so I don't request anything. :~)

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    DUDE! that's so not cool! I'm the one that has been wanting to see that! I can't just drive to California!(well i could but that's besides the point!)
    *sniff* fine! I'm not pouting i'm....um...expressing my dipleaser!

19. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    You can usually buy it off E-Bay if you really wanna see it. It's REALLY bad though.

20. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I checked on Ebay and they said they don't have anything under that name. What name do you think it would be under?

21. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I just did a search for "Star Wars Holiday Special" and a bunch of things came up. Someone is selling it Buy-It-Now for $14.99, you can check his auction @ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1923908587.

22. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    He wasn't exaggerating when he said really bad. I don't think it's possible to stress that enough. But it's Star Wars, so hey.

23. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    :~)

Bad = :~D

marmakekam, can you bring your digital camera? I think I remember you saying you had one. Mine got left at the in-laws's over Thanksgiving.

24. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Yay I'm excited! :) I'm going to have fun figuring out which parent will get me there though...I'll figure it out soon. Our car finally just stopped working so tomorrow we're getting the long overdo new one.

I finished my lightsaber! I submitted it at school and got an A! Yay! :) I'll bring that tomorrow! :D

So, sounds like Matt is providing most of our meeting? Sounds good! :)

Doesn't this one make us official?! Woo hoo!

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have posted your meeting information for tomorrow. It is good to see that your group is growing, keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.