Richmond,VA Third Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Since we decided the next two meetings would run back to back....we need to figure out what we want to do about meeting place and time.
  2. keithabbott Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hi all, just as reference I received a letter from Mike Mabe who works for the Chesterfield County Public Library. In the letter, it stated that starting January 2, 2003 all CC libraries would implement two new changes:

1) a staff member must volunteer to be present during the time the group is meeting.

2) a fee of $35.00 per hour (paid in advance) for use of the room when the library is closed.

So I think this rules out the library for any future events. At least in Chesterfield County.

Just thought I'd pass the info along.
    Keith

3. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks Keith....

Although I had NOT planned on using the library, and in the back of my mind hoped we never would again lol...Its good to know things like that.

4. JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Geeezus $35.00 per hour for using the local library room after hours ? Either they've had some troubles with other groups or someone decided they'd rather not use it much.

At that cost you could get much better accomodations :D
  5. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Question on time:

Since some of us have a pre-planned RPG that afternoon, when do you want to have this meeting (time wise)?

Correct me if i am wrong, but didnt we make it at 5pm so that Greg could come after work? If no one has a problem with doing it at say noon...lets try that.
  6. Nave Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Noon is fine with me As far as the library yeah if you are a small gorup you could get a hotel room for the night for less for the cost of 2 hours ;) That kinda stinks. Not that we need the library but maybe write them and find out why the change. You Richmonders tax dollars are paying for the library ;)
    Course this change might be a way to get funding after budget cuts

Nave
  7. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I personally think that the starbucks was a nice place for an impromptu meeting. Of course if we get to the point that we feel sititng around and not all getting something to drink/eat is not good, we can move to using houses or the like.
  8. keithabbott Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Lets meet at Hooters. :p
  9. jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling

star 1
    my best friend from college raves about their chicken tenders....take out anyone?
  10. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think Hooters is offensive....so one vote for NO WAY here
  11. jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling

star 1
    lol O:) i was only *half* serious
  12. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am all for take out if its the food you are after Keith....
  13. camisa Jedi Master

star 1
    I have no problem with Hooters. I would like to continue meeting in common places. I'm always up for something new, Hooters I have never tried.
  14. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we have used the local library here in NY and during busness hours we used the conference room and were never charged a fee. You may want to keep looking around.
  15. Nave Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Star Bucks is fine with me The tea was yummy :D Lol

Nave
  16. keithabbott Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Forget take out Heather. :p Well that's 2 and a half for Hooters hehe. Oh and keep in mind Stacy, at least 1/3rd of the conversations that go on when we all get together are pretty offensive. hehe. Hooters is a family restaurant. I see kids and women in there eating all the time.

Keith
  17. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Its a personal thing...

I dont feel that I want to go spend my money so a half naked woman can serve me food. That is my personal preferance. If everyone decides to go there, then we can. But as of now i see you and ann wanting to go there, heather, evan and i are up for starbucks again.

And as for our conversations being offensive, How do you figure? I dont remember any topic at any of the FF meetings containing anything remotely offensive.
  18. jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling

star 1
    glad you liked the chai nave :)
    oops...my vote doesn't really count seeing as how i won't be there :p kind of forgot about that
  19. keithabbott Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Please don't take this personally guys and gals, but as you probably noticed at the last meeting my interest in "meetings" is waining. The demise of the Co-Op and all the politics over the last few years has made it impossible for me to want to try and re-create something like we had before.

The whole idea of having to decide a banner, a place to meet for the next meeting, and a name for the group...ugh. It's just another big headache in my mind.

If you guys just wanna get together and have a good time doing something..I'm in. Someone just say...here's what we're doing...and I'll try and be there.

Hooters would be fun ;) If you guys don't like it..that's cool..me and Ann will go by ourselves. She's never been..so I know she'd enjoy it. It doesn't bother me none that some of you guys might not wanna go. But I didn't bring it up on Saturday. I was just agreeing with the idea.

And bowling would be great too.

But having a meeting agenda is too much for me these days. And I see us heading down the same ole road as before. Just with less members.

You guys do whatever makes ya happy. I'll still post and come to the events. I'm not down on that. I'm just too tired to get back into the same ole disagreements.

Keith
  20. pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Hi there. I have an idea. How about Carrabas? They are GREAT. :) or even Spinnakers? Tell me whatyou think :)
    When is the meeting again? saturday @ what time? 2 or 5 pm?

Greg
  21. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Meeting agendas: never had a written one, just like to have an idea of what people want to talk about

Recreating MFC: so far i dont see anyone trying to do any such thing. We have to discuss where and when meetings are so that we can have the best turn out.

Naming the group: was done in 5minutes at the first meeting

Banners: an option not manditory

Politics: none...we have no officers, no leaders...nothing

But to each his own. I am sorry that you dont want to be involved in the group.

As for Greg's location suggestions: You buying everyone dinner or drinks? lol

22. Nave Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What time are we meeting? I know the past 2 have been at 5 but Amaunet asked bout Noon and then Pod_Civc asked bout 2 or 5?

Amaunet what time did you send Strawberry?

Nave
  23. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    have sent nothing..waiting until i could see who wanted it when. Greg posted 2 and 5 because those have been times, and he did not catch my post about 12.
  24. MutantJedi Jedi Master

I am up for any location, it doesn't matter where it is, as long as we settle a place soon. We had problems at the MFC because we informed people at the last minute of what we were going to do and where.

BTW This is Phillip. I finally got my password.
  25. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    yah Phil!

The date is Saturday....the time: looking linke noon unless someone has a problem with that time (so the RPGers can not miss their game that has been scheduled for weeks.) Location: keeping starbuck's looks like the winning vote
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.