main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Third Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Sounds good
    So now all we need is it posted on the main board to make in an official meeting. ;)

Nave

2. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Will be done in the morning after i decide who to pm...since i read strawbery is out sick.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    you can still PM me I am still here ;) Just not on all hours of the day but I am checking my PMs once a day.it will still get posted ;)

4. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    I have no problem with noon or Starbucks. Won't miss any play-off games if it's done early in the day.

5. ArmageBedar

ArmageBedar Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2000
    FWIW, Henrico County Public Libraries has meeting space available to those who fill out a request form, in case we need a place to meet that we can't find elsewhere.

As far as I'm concerned, though, I think we should find a place to meet that is spacious with room to grow, is relatively quiet, and is free for our use -- and we should find that place soon, and make it permanent to eliminate confusion and the "monthly meeting space hunt" that I fear this might turn into. I'll be on the lookout for good places north of the James and I'll post them as I have them. As a temporary meeting place, though, the Starbucks on Midlothian worked well enough, so I say we just meet there this weekend.

And Keith, don't get worked up. Just because we want a name and a banner for the top of the forum (not specifically a "logo") does NOT mean that we are going to trying to recreate anything that went before. I'm just here to hang out with folks who like Star Wars, do fun things with them, and maybe do a few good things for the community too. BTW, in case anyone had any illusions, we're not a democracy. Nor are we a dictatorship. We're just people. I don't recall seeing an agenda, any officers, bylaws, or anything resembling an ordered meeting since we've been meeting together. Let's not make mountains out of molehills and worry about such problems only when they arise, okay? Till then, let's just enjoy ourselves :-D

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Are we planning on having "monthly meetings" ? Or are we going to have them as needed and plan events for the most part?

7. ArmageBedar

ArmageBedar Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2000
    Good question; I hadn't really thought about that. Well, perhaps having some sort of group *event* about once a month or so would be a good idea, even if it isn't a meeting.

Come to think of it, we can conduct a lot of our business on this site ;-)

8. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    We should definately get together once a month and do something; meeting, event, or just hanging out. Just so that we are able to keep in touch a little more personally.

9. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    While i agree that we should get together once a month, I disagree that we need a standing meeting day and location. When doing that with another group, it got old fast! We had months where there was little to do and months where we could have used to meet more than once. Besides, not everyone has the same day open every month...

I think planning can be done here for the most part, but sometimes there are things that need to be talked out. Events would be ideal, but is there enough to make an event a month? I doubt it.

I am all for seeing each other once a month...wait...I already see 90% at least once a month already.........

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Don't forget the meeting at noon today :)

11. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    since i won't be able to go today, i have my vote for cr all ready...how should i pass it along? i could always call your and js's cell during the meeting if you took it with you :) i'll PM you with my cell if you want to call, lol

12. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Third meeting is over!!!

We talked about getting a better idea for graphic design on the banners: ruling: everyone find pictures from star wars of cantina and post links

icon: using the virginia logo from the drivers liscense, changing it to be a republic logo around a jedi standing over a battle droid.

Bowling is the next meeting/event!!!
    date is still up in the air, podcivc is going to post names of local bowling places.

and finally CR: those present (and sticks with a call in vote) voted amaunet city rep.

13. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Congrats on becomimng official guys! Welcome to the Fanforce family ;)

Special congrats to amaunet for being elected CR!!!

14. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    WOOHOO, we're "official"

don't you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.