Third meeting

Discussion in 'Orlando, FL' started by Delaya, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    For those of you who were not able to come to the last meeting here is what happend.
    About 15 people showed up give or take a few.
    We voted on a City Rep, Jeff (aka Cigam Retah).
    We also voted on a name: Orlando System.
    We then talked about fan films people are working on, or planning to do, went to Hooters for dinner, and hung out for a while at Rockies arcade.
    Our next one will be on March 9th. If there are any questions please feel free to ask our new City Rep, Jeff. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to answer them for you. :)
  2. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for the recap Delaya! I just wanted to say that Saturday was a real blast! It was great hanging out with you all for the first, second, or third time.

If anyone has any questions, comments, suggestions, or anything else, email me at JDHennon@cfl.rr.com to get ahold of me!
  3. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Combat training to the EXTREME!
  4. Rogue428 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good times had by all, though a bit chaotic. Things kind of got hi-jacked into a much-needed pre-production meeting.

I propose that we also have some side-activities present at the next meeting. (Star Wars Trivial pursuit, prop-building/costuming seminar, how to use a non-linear editor (I know some folks have laptops they can bring)...lessons learned from past-fan films....Ia can teach more Origami starfighters... or whatever)

I know it was suggested for fan film festival next time. I'm just throwing some ideas out there....because it won't always be pre-production and we have a lot of talent in the club and everyone has something to contribute...(even if it isn't directly Star Wars related....I know I learned a lot more about Irish Dancing than I ever would have known if I hadn't talked to Amanda).

My two dinari...

5. Atricks Jedi Padawan

Going site unseen by myself was a bit of a stretch for me, but I'm glad I did. The combat training was a very welcome unexpected surprise and the props were great. Thanks for holding the meeting, and I'll probably be along for the next one perhaps with a friend or two in tow.

Next time however, I'll make sure I have more time. I hated to have to leave right as the fighting was getting good.

Katie did a good job making sure I didn't get lost. Thanks all!

- Mike
  6. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, Cigam, so what was the official number of meetings that we had on Saturday?

The steel-cage match was quite fun to watch. If only we'd had a steel cage.

Nice meeting / seeing y'all.

-Katie
    Thumper
  7. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi everyone!

I had a lot of fun Saturday. The lightsaber stuff was really cool. I may be dragging along a friend next time.

She is kinda shy. It's hard to believe that there is someone else who is just as shy as me. lol.

I like the name Orlando System! LOTS! :D

Can't wait till the next meeting. Right now it looks like I have no dance shows. *crosses fingers*

laters
  8. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    You don't seem that shy to me. You did manage to introduce yourself to all of us and we can be pretty intimidating. :)
  9. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    *sighs in relief*

Good. I didn't seem shy. I'm usually pretty nervous around people. I guess it's mostly around kids my age. Now THEY are intimidating. lol.

Umm.........you guys did seem kinda intimidating. :D

j/k
  10. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
  11. DarkSithKnight Jedi Padawan

I had a great time Saturday. It was a nice introduction to FanForce. It was kind of intimidating at first, not knowing anyone there or what I should say/do. So I just sat there (I was the kid in the black Puma shirt). But observing paid off and think I'll be able to be a bit more active at the next meeting.
    Thanks for the welcome and for not ripping my head off,
    The Dark Sith Knight (aka Kareem)
  12. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Kareem, we couldn't have been that scary at the meeting if you still came over by us at Rocky's. ;)

And Darryl, I'm sorry, but the whole "intimidating Imperial" image is just replaced in my head with a picture of the license plate of the car you were driving. (just kidding! :p )

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone.
    -Katie
    Thumper
  13. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
  14. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
  15. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
  16. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://www.dogma-movie.com/pics/church/images/buddychrist1.jpg]
  17. DarkSithKnight Jedi Padawan

What's funny is before I went to Rocky's with my friends (unaware of the post-meeting meeting) I kept telling myself that I should have tried to talk to everyone more...lo and behold, I got my chance. Funny how things work out in the end.
  18. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    You even approached us at Rocky's. :) I was surprised, but pleasantly.
  19. DarkSithKnight Jedi Padawan

Everyone seemed so amiable and close that I figured I'd give it a shot. Besides, if I just ignored you guys that would be plain rude and well, you know us Sith; we have to be as polite as friendly as possible.
    I can't wait for the next meeting. I'm sure it'll be just as good as the last one.
  20. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    We apologize if we weren't as personable as usual at Rocky's, we were all very tired. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.