St. Lou, MO Third Meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tabee, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    What goes on at a meeting (well, our meetings)

We spend a few minutes trying to find everyone (me and Sally have worn funny hats to help with that)

Then those of us who know each other talk for a bit while newcomers sit/stand around uncomfortably ;)

Next, someone takes control, usually Steph, who forces us to admit to being members here with usernames and real names. Although we do have some members who do not post here.

We then go through a Things To Talk About List. I'll be working on that after we decide the where & when. There will be a thread on that too :)

So we talk about those items, occasionally getting sidetracked and adding other things to the list.

After we get through all the "official" business, we have more idle chit chat as we catch up with people and get to know the new attendees.

And depending on how long people have to stay is how long the meeting is. So people just start leaving as they have to go until the meeting is over.

Does that help? And for those who have been to meetings, did I forget anything?

2. Jobo Jedi Master

star 5
    If I come, I'll be wearing a red shirt with a hood... I'll be the midget ten year old.
    _jOBO
  3. yodaboy Jedi Master

star 5
    what about mountain biking? I know a great place close by that has some great trails, I could even be our guide...

oh, And I'll really try to make it to this meeting, but some of those things aren't appealing/ aren't possible for me.

but the good news is, I've applied for a job, and once I'm accepted then I'll be able to take my drivers test and get my full liscense cuz I can then pay for it! So if that happens before the meeting (depending when it is), I will most probably be able to make it no matter what/where it is. But I don't know.

BUT if I do get my liscense, I'll try drag one of my friends with me who doesn't post here but likes star wars. Otherwise I'll hafta hitch a ride with a friend out which isn't all that probable.

1) Picnic at Long Acre Park in Belleville
    I wouldn't mind that, but belleville is a looong ways away from west county

2) Ice Skating/ Roller Skating at the numerous places that are available around here (the ice rink is in Belleville, Fun Spot is in Belleville, Funtown USA is in Pontoon Beach which is near Granite City)
    doesn't apeal to me very much

3) Movie! No, I don't know what movie, and the only theaters I go to are the O'Fallon 15 (in O'Fallon) and St Clair 10 (in Fairview Heights)
    what about mr.deeds? that's supposed to be hilarious.

4) Hiking at Pleasant Ridge Park in Fairview Heights. I suppose we could do that along with the picnic, but that's up to you.
    fairview heights, don't know where that is, but it sounds very far off.

5) Mall Meeting like our last two, we could meet up in a mall and just sit around. I suggest either St Clair Square in Belleville or Union Station in St Louis.
    this might be possible. but what about chesterfield mall, or something a little bit more closer to the 'burbs?

6) Zoo ok, yeah, that's in St Louis
    not too apealing

7) Botanical Gardens also in St Louis
    ahhhh maybe

8) The Arch in St Louis, and hey, why not? it's there.
    i've been there too many times

9) Arcade! I know you all were talking about one in St Louis, and I'm sorry, but I can't remember what it's called, but I do know there is one in the St Clair Square Mall.
    i'm not spending any more money for a while bleh

10) Six Flags this ones a long shot, but it is nearby, so I thought I would mention it.
    no.

As always transportation is an issue. But if I know when and where in advance enough, I might be able to convince my parents to take me, but basically everyone of those ideas are 30+ minuets drive from my house.
  4. Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I could probably go to anything that is not next week because next week is like BABY week!

My sister and and a cousin BOTH going to be having a baby. There due dates are tomarrow so I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Zoo sounds cool for 3rd meeting.

For a 4th meeting how about the six flags in oct Star Wars Halloween style. Or any place else in October SW 10/31 style that would be wizard!!!!

EDIT:Just a suggestion for meeting for meeting 4 but lets have meeting 3 first, kay?

5. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    oh, Holly! Tell them congrats for me!

and for now just figure on the meeting being middle to late August... on a weekened prolly.
  6. flying_fishi Jedi Knight

star 6
    this might be possible. but what about chesterfield mall, or something a little bit more closer to the 'burbs?

I second that :D :p
  7. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    hey, I told you my ideas were biased to Illinois :p

Our biggest problem will be finding a central location that is easy for all of us to get to.

So far our last two meetings were in St Louis, which is why I think it's fair that the thrid be in Illinois, or really easy for us Illinoisians to get to.

And like I said, these were just ideas I came up with, if you have any better ideas, such as meeting suggestions or locations, tell me! It's hard enough planning this! :p

8. yodaboy Jedi Master

star 5
    Well then I guess I'd have to settle on union station, but how far is st. louis from where you live?
  9. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    Union Station is about an hour ride on metrolink.
  10. yodaboy Jedi Master

star 5
    really? why not just drive? how long is it then?
  11. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    yes really :p

I don't like driving in St Louis, so I avoid it as much as possible and I ride on
    metrolink for free ;)

and I'm not sure how long it would take if I drive there, it's about a half hour or so to get across the river... then I have to get lost trying to find Union Station... so prollt about 3 hours... :p
  12. yodaboy Jedi Master

star 5
    hmmmm...... still.... i don't know.
  13. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    well we still have time to plan it, there really isn't that much of a rush.

Our deadline is Sept 6th, but if we have to have the meeting after that, it's no big deal, we just need to plan!

And I realize that the later we wait the harder it will be to get everyone togther, I know classes start back up for me on Aug 18th :(
  14. Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Anything planned for after Aug. 17th will pretty much be impossible for me to make it to, as I probably will not have a car at first down at Rolla. I do hope to meet you people sometime, though!

As for a meeting, well, outside of south county, I'm lost and require detailed directions, which I can normally get from my dad. But, being in south county, most of the options suggested are at least a 30 min. drive for me, chesterfield and florisant are nearly an hour, and most of the Illinois options are also a good 45 min. to an hour drive for me. I don't know that any of the suggested options are that feasible for me, but I don't know about other people. Oh, well.
  15. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Personally, I like the idea of a picnic in Forrest Park. Behind the tennis courts, there's a big open area next to a little river that runs through part of the park. I used to have lacrosse practice there. You could probably do it there. Then if you wanted to go to the Zoo, it's a short walk. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go if it's on a weekend (which I'm assuming it is). I'll be out of town the next two weekends. Then the next saturday, one of my friends is having a going away party for all of our friends since we're all leaving for college the next day (the 18th). I promise though, I will be there if we all go to see The Two Towers this December. Sorry. :(
  16. yodaboy Jedi Master

star 5
    a park picnic in forest parc sounds good
  17. Sith-Kazar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Anytime, Anywhere! I will go. They all sound pretty good (except ice skating, I can't skate). I live right next to Six Flags.
  18. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    ok, so picnic at Forest Park, is that what we be agreeing on?

Now, we would prolly want to bring our own lunches/whatever. Although I might supply cookies ;)

Where do we want to meet there? Personally, I've never spent a lot of time at Forest Park (big surprise, eh? :p)

And onto the most important question... WHEN?! School is starting up within weeks for a lot of us, so a weekend will be the best time. Probably a Saturday. So I'll through out a date and time... how is...August 24th, at about 2:00?
  19. JediJeffro Jedi Master

star 5
    Well, I know for a fact that the 24th won't work for me. However, there's no need to take that into consideration when planning it, as hockey is likely to preclude me from almost ANY meeting. :p
  20. mediaboss34 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Forrest Park is a great idea, in my opinion. There's things to do there, and it's not enclosed.

As long as it's a Saturday, I can probably come. My other half may have to work, but she's a "closet" fan anyway - you know the type - won't admit to it, makes fun of me, etc.

But my "New Hope" will most likely come with me. Problem is, I may not get to stay long if it's too hot, he gets fussy, or the many other variables that go into being a parent of a 2yr old.

21. NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Forest Park sounds good. The 24 th sounds good to me unless something comes up. As far as location good questio. I think there is like a picnic area near the north entrance with street parking or the north lot. I too might end up bringing my shall I say padawan.
  22. Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *pokes head in*

*reads posts*

so is there a group agreement to anything? cuz I need to know soon, if we are doing anything on the 24th or not...(gotta call off work)....
  23. dudeman Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ok, sorry about being gone for sooo long, my computers fan was broken for a while and we couldnt get to the store fast and you know how it goes.

well anyway, ive been reading the posts and the 24th should be good for me depending on which house im at (mom or dad) i think im at my moms house so it shouldnt be a prob. but it couldnt be any weekdays after the 21, thats when i start school.

the picnic sounds great, 2'o'clock sounds great. i hope to see you all there.
  24. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    sounds good to me ill try to get off work for it
  25. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight

star 5
    [face_plain]

wait... y'all are agreeing to this?

LE COO!

:D

Now, I jsut got one question... Forest Park is pretty big, where do we meet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.