main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Third Stargate tv series...

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by TheInnkeeper, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheInnkeeper

TheInnkeeper Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2004
    I had just posted this in the Stargate SG-1 thread when I realized that it was an SG-1 thread rather than the whole franchise, so I figured this little bit of news deserved its own thread.

Head on over to www.gateworld.net and check out the newest news article. They've announced a third tv series that will probably begin in the 2008 season. People may say that with the demise of SG-1 the franchise is going downhill, but I beg to differ. 2007 will see the fourth season of Atlantis, TWO SG-1 MOVIES, and anticipation of the third season the following year. Stargate is far from dead, my friends. Long live the franchise!!

2. TheInnkeeper

Jun 17, 2004
    Oh yeah, and let's not forget the final halves of SG-1 season 10 (end of series) and Atlantis season 3 for something to look forward to in '07.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Fantastic news - It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

4. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    Great news. I wonder where it will take place? [face_dancing]

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Watch it be called "Stargate Command" and still set in the SGC on Earth fighting the Ori. Just changed the name to bypass the contract they have with Sci-Fi which expires in 07 too.

6. TheInnkeeper

Jun 17, 2004
    Funny you say that, that's what they almost did for Season 9!

There's more news:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=720

Looks like Michael Shanks has been approached to play Daniel in the new series. Apparently, he'd be the lead character. IF he agrees to it.

Let's cross our fingers!

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Cool I was just running over to start a new thread and not only is it already here but a great catch on the Shanks news.

I would love to see the new show feature not only him but Black as well. The chemestry between them has been too good to ignore if the go on featuring him. I'd imagine that she'd also fit the other cavet mentioned in the solutions article, "cheap".

I would be very, very, very happy to see this come to be in 2008. Its just going to suck having that year with only Atlantis.

8. TheInnkeeper

Jun 17, 2004
    Yeah, but I have a feeling that Atlantis will get a whole lot better next season. I mean, it's already amazing, but now the creative juices will be flowing just there, and a lot of attention will go to it. Also, don't forget the SG-1 movies next year! Two of 'em! That's sort of a quasi-Season 11.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, and SG-1 really started to hit it's stride in it's 4th season, so here's hoping SGA tracks in a similar fashion.

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I'm defiantly looking forward to the DVD movies though they won't quite be a season 11.

Its not that I necessarily dislike Atlantis. I really enjoyed the first season and even though I found the second one lacking there were enough decent eps in the second half to keep me interested. I haven't really been loving season 3 so far but thats just me. What I was really getting at was I've gotten used to three years of having two gates on the air so its going to suck just having the one.

It will be good to see two on in '08 again. If Shanks ends up as the lead it will be even better. If Shanks and Black make it on, well just sign me up for an iTunes season pass right now 'cause that sounds like some damn fine TV to me. They make a good argument over at solutions on the pros and cons he'd likely be weighing. All I know is that "Under the Mistletoe" suuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    No, because one of the movies that they're doing will wrap that up.

I wonder if Michael Shanks being asked to be a lead character means that he won't be made into a prior, or at least, that's a reversable thing.

12. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Well if shanks is going to made the series lead (which is a great idea), than i highly doubt that Ben Browder will be in the show as anything more than a guest if at all. I like that they are letting carter move over to antlantis for a few episodes.

13. weezer

May 16, 2001
    That gets cleared up in the same episode that it happens. Next ep and he is back in a library ;)

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, just because the DVD movie wraps up the Ori storyline, doesn't necessarily mean it wraps up the entire Ori threat- it could just be a conclusion to the Adria/Crusade/Invasion threat, as I somehow doubt they'll be able to wipe out the entire Ori race with the anti-Ori weapon, and they certainly won't be able to defeat/convert/kill all the millions of Ori worshippers in the Ori home galaxy- unless the Ancients are somehow convinced to intercede, and I think it's been made pretty clear that won't be happening.

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Oh thank god.

16. DarthBishop

DarthBishop Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    oh dear god no, the most over rated show in the world

17. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Then... don't watch?

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Looks like both Shanks and his publicist are denying that Shanks has been approached in any way shape or form about staring in the third stargate series. :(

You can read the whole story over at Stargate-Sg1-Solutions.

19. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Not too surprising, although as the article said, disapointing. I imagine that if they are not approached as regulars, they'll have them do some guest appearances, at least to get the show going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.