main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Third weekly 72 hour fanfilm contest!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by SilverFox0440, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Yes, some people IM'd me asking for another one, so the object this time is either a mud clot or a sack. Also, for those of you who participated in the last one, I'll have a poll up soon, sorry; thanks for being patient! Have fun everyone!

2. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    I'm 98% sure that I'll participate in this one.

3. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Hmm... Not to dump on you... BUT I was wondering.... I agree that one competition was great... It got participants excited about fan films and gave them a jump start... Two was ok... I mean you were still excited and maybe you wanted to try again to see whether you can do better.... But three is getting a bit much don't you think? I mean if every weekend you are doing this competition and during the week you do schoolwork and home work.... When do you get time for your REAL fan films? I dunno I guess it is your own decision but personally I will not be competing for a couple of months... And then I will be trying to see whether I have learned anything or not...

Well just my .02 cents... Check ya ;)

4. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Yeah, well, not everyone does huge-project fanfilms in the first place and mine doesn't start filming for the next few months, we just need to get costumes and props and stuff.

5. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    I'm not talking "huge" just talking about a regular fan film... You know it can be anywhere from 1 minute to 2 hours.... I understand... But why not do something with the same resources as your using for the 72 hour fan film? Just my .02 cents... L8er dayz ;)

6. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    What the hell? Are you trying to put an end to the contest or what? I'm not participating in this one, for that very reason--school work. But you're using the generalization that everyone wants to do a big, "real" fanfilm, has schoolwork, and doesn't like the idea of this contest. However, if they don't like it, GUESS WHAT?? NOBODY IS FORCING THEM TO DO IT! I'm just hosting it if anyone DOES want to. Now keep those kind of opinions to yourself, thank you much.

BTW, it's 2 cents, not 0.02 cents.

7. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    Ok... No, I am not trying to put an end to the contest... I just think it is a bit much, and if you do it every week it may loose interest quickly...

Your right I assume that everyone has a full time job of some sort... (whether it be school or a career) I apologize for not being more specific...

You are also right that I assume that everyone on the TFN boards has some kind of plans for a "big" fan film project... If not why are you here (no offense pls don't take any)?

BTW: It is both... Just lurk the boards... You will see them both used... Depending on the person.

8. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    0.02 cents is less than a penny, genius. The fact that people say it doesn't make it any less stupid.

Also, keeping it going was the original plan, and I can host if I want. I think that keeping it alive will keep the interest of the people, and not everyone has the resources to make a "real" fanfilm. You have some strange percecptions of what goes on on this board. Some people are here to learn, not necessarily to make fanfilms. Get a grip, yo.

9. JHoffaOLB

JHoffaOLB Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    I'm gonna chime in on this one, and state this. I really enjoyed participating in this and would like to see this continue indefinitely. People have a good time doing it and we all get to see what can be accomplished if you take what time you have alotted and work hard to create something of your own. It may not be a BIG film kind of thing but it's a great platform for someone to show his abilities, and without one, some really special short stories and ideas might go without appreciation. Remember, filmmaking is an artform, treat it as such and the rewards you receive from the final product will make the trip worth taking.
    I for one will continue to do little animations for these contests whenever I can. If anything, for me it gets my juices flowing and allows me to be more creative in my daily design work to do something a little different every once and awhile.
    Now I'm not saying these contests are for everyone, because most likely they may not be. But to the small group of beginners and veterans involved these are a small outlet for us to use to further our skills and knowledge.
    One last thing though. We shough probably have a week rest period between contests for voting and to give others a chance to decide if they wanna try it for themselves. And it also keeps interest from burning out too quick.

10. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    Thanks, Hoffa. I think it's a good idea for the waiting period, but it definitely should not be so far apart as a month, or more, like Spot was suggesting. However, I did this third one a week after the last one (even though it's not done yet) because of the high demand for it. Apparently though, not many of those who requested it are participating, which annoys me. Oh well.

11. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Silver, sorry I cant make one this weekend, but I can almost promise that I can make this comin weekend, starting sept. 13 and stopping the 16th (15th at midnight, u know). Thats 72 hrs. If the competition doesnt go by those hrs, well, can i just please do it in that time and u can judge me by the honor system? its the perfect time for me to make one. Ok thanks, and SET UP A POLL for the last one!

~Neszis~

12. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Hey Silver man,

just chill. Spot was just giving his opinion, no need to get so upset. It seems odd to have one every weekend, but hey, if you've got the time to do it, then good.

Maybe Spot just wants to get involved again, you know? I mean, he took the time to help put together the first one, maybe he'd like to be involved on further contests.

"Also, keeping it going was the original plan, and I can host if I want."

The orignial plan was to keep it going, but I don't think any of us intended to make it a weekly thing. I orignially intended to make it a monthly thing, give interested persons something to look forward to.

You don't have to be so condescending with Spot.

-Kol

BTW, why the hell are you going on about the 2 cents thing, seriously that's just being petty. Really, does his saying 0.02 cents bother you that much, or are you just trying to pick on him?

13. SilverFox0440

Nov 28, 2001
    Yes, I was being really picky. It just doesn't make sense to say "0.02 cents." That is aside the point however. I have contacted DaftMaul and he's going to set up a poll soon when I give him the info, but I got injured last night, and I'm having a tremendously hard time typing, so I'll be back within the week. Sorry!

14. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I didn't get enough time to participate in this one, but it doesn't look much like anyone else did either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.