main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This Forum is now Episode III (Non-Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Missninfan, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I was spoiler free for TPM and AotC. I am glad the new forum is up and will be my home for the next 3 years.

To those of you who are going spoiler free for the first time let me say welcome and good luck. WE all will support you in your weaker times

2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
    Well, when AotC get's through being picked apart that is :p

3. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Missinfan: While strict Episode II discussion would be in the AOTC forum often times dialogue and or plot devices were discussed in here such as Why did Qui Gon Jinn burn?

It is cool that I can be spoiler free for Episode III for another few months and not worry about any spoilers popping up.

Is there some way of doing a filter where you can allow only certain messages through, and that would be designated by the User? For example, I might say any messages from someone who registers in May of 05 is more likely to spoil me than others are. Therefore, I don't want to see any of those messages.

Btw, welcome to all of our new arrivals!

--Joey

4. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Are Select Pictures spoilers? I mean you can never tell what they are anyway [face_plain]

5. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Selects are offical and were allowed in. But they were all talked about in their own thread. :)

6. RoboNerd

RoboNerd Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    All right! Let's get this party started. I am spoiler-free for the next three years.

Yikes.

Let's gather around each other and keep the support up.

Keep in mind this means 1,100 more days until Episode III as of today.

The Math:

((3X365)+4+1) = 1,100

May 25, 2005 = May 21, 2002 + 3 years + 4 days.

2004 is a leap year, therefore add one more day.
    Everyone ready?

+=o RoboNerd o=+

7. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    What's REALLY annoying is that we won't even have pictures from the film for another year.

:mad:

8. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    True, but the DVD in September will be good enough to last the wait.

9. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    If I'm seen in the Episode 3 spoiler forum, mods have permission to ban me [face_plain]

10. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Hey, another incentive to stay spoiler-free! ;)

True, I cannot wait till the AOTC DvD, and I sure hope there'll be Ep III easter eggs of some sort unlike TPM DvD!

11. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Don't underestimate the power of being spoiler-free. :D

I hope the AOTC DVD is loaded with even MORE extras than TPM (do I hear 3 DVD's) ;)
    I would like a teaser for Ep3 on it if thats possible.

12. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    See I gotta problem. While I don't want to know the big things, I wouldn't mind knowing how it starts and the characters ect. I spose I could always ask.
    Either way, both forums are basically spoiler free for about a year anyway right? :p

13. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Knowing some characters, I feel, isn't a spoiler, nor is knowing a basic jist of the movie. Many people feel that seeing pictures before the movie is being spoiled, so it all depends on how you judge it.

I don't think they could have an Ep III teaser, shooting starts next year. Maybe it'll be of the footage they've shot already (which I'm sure must be more than that Tatooine one!).

14. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Gotta do a better job of staying spoiler-free this time around.

In for a credit!

Three more years of fun, guys!

Rick McCallum loves you!

15. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    "Missinfan: While strict Episode II discussion would be in the AOTC forum often times dialogue and or plot devices were discussed in here such as Why did Qui Gon Jinn burn? ...... Is there some way of doing a filter where you can allow only certain messages through, and that would be designated by the User? For example, I might say any messages from someone who registers in May of 05 is more likely to spoil me than others are. Therefore, I don't want to see any of those messages."

Firstly, as I understand it, for the Non-spoiler forum, only official LFL information on the movie was permitted.

As for filters, no, unfortunately snowboards does not have a filter on its system.

16. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I'm back to spoiler free for EPIII, after being spoiled for AOTC to see whether I preferred reading the spoilers or not reading them.

17. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 1999
    Ahhh home has been rebuilt and we have new members to the order of the spoiler free.

It's not that hard really, bookmark the Non spoilers forum, do not visit the Ep III news section at all, read the headlines only (those highlights are way to tempting). If that doesn't cure the itch just watch the OT and TPM and soon we will have AOTC to watch on DVD.

Once that has been watched to death, Ep. III trailers will be still be a year away. That's when the big spoilers start comming through and the hard part starts. I'll do the same as I did with AOTC, which is forget about Star Wars all together and make only bi weekly visits to TFN until the trailers arrive.

and one final thing to remember: Easier more seductive the spoiler forum is. For once you start down the spoiler path forever will it dominate your destiny. :D

18. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    Hello...my name is DUSHONI..and I'm a recovering spoiler addict :_|

19. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    We all have to support each other. There are times when we'll be tempted to be spoiled, but we'll convince each other not to!

Remember, tell us when you're getting impatient, we'll knock some sense into ya! ;)

20. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well I've come along for the spoiler free ride.
    I went spoiled for AOTC but i figure that as this is the last star wars movie i should just wait to see it before knowing little or anything about it.

Its good to see some of the spoiled from AOTC are here for episode 3. Feels like home already :)

21. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I was mostly spoiler free for EP I and EP II, and plan to be that way for EPIII. I don't considering watching a few trailers being spoiled, although there are some people I know that are hard-core non spoilers, and stopped visiting this website about 6 months before AOTC. That's a little much for me, but I'll stick to this forum and the Fan Force Forums.

Spoiler Free's the way to be!

22. Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi

Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    Dadgummit! I'd see a spoiler accidentaly here, couldn't resist looking at one there and it wasn't until I actually saw AOTC that I realized HOW spoiled I really was :(

Still, great movie. But like they said before, there's no way I'm passing up the last opportunity to be totally knocked on my butt by suprises in a Star Wars flick. Trailers only this time. I *have* to be strong!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.