main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This girl wants to try her hand at Nom Anor...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Katana_Geldar, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
  2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Lots of props for even wanting to attempt his one! If you could pull it off, it would be pretty amazing indeed.

I'd start looking into Worbla, if I was you- it's a thermoplastic material that is reportedly pretty easy to work with. I have a roll of it myself to attempt building lady Jedi armor at some point. Kamui Cosplay has made some similar-ish looking armor out of that stuff, and she has lots of tutorials and resources on how to build things out of it. I'd bet you could build his armor out of it, for sure.

The rest involves bald caps, prosthetics, and face paint, but armor first, I think. If you can get that armor looking good, that's most of the battle right there.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wow, that would be impressive.
    I've never built armor so I can't really help there, but I have helped build costumes for stage that had very large pieces that needed to be supported. I'd use something like football (American) shoulder pads as the base to hold all of that up, that way you have something large as a base that is already designed for wearing on the shoulders and chest.

I agree with DWH, the armor is most of the battle, the make up shouldn't be too hard, though the teeth might be a challenge.

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    What skill set are you starting with? Sewing? Armor? Make-up? It is mostly armor and Worbla or Wonderflex are your best best. There are great options for armor these days. I'd do a full face mask, but maybe have the lower jaw removable. The head is tall, so you could put a fan in there. Do you know any troopers? They could give you hints about how to fit the costume. Anything with that much armor is going to bite you when you walk around if it isn't fitted right.