main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST This is about Rey( Don't Read if you haven't seen VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Mdbucfan, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mdbucfan

Mdbucfan Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    This sounds crazy but I think Rey is A clone of Anakin. Yes female. Everything about her screams Anakin and not Luke or Leia's child. She is a natural, she is a protege with machines and can fix anything, the light saber is connected to her. Neither Han or Leia seemed to know her. She was left as a child I believe by Luke, so she would not be trained so that she could not be trained and start the path to Vader. I think that is why the look on Luke's face was not of joy or surprise but of sadness as if seeing her with the light saber was the beginning of a bad chapter. I'm not saying I'm right just there are a lot of coincidences between Rey and Anakin. I think JJ does nothing by chance. Also Rey and Simi resemble each other but I just thought of that. Be kind it was just some random thoughts I had.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Crazier theory... Rey eventually becomes pregnant through the will of the Force and gives birth to a son whom she names Anakin, but when he is 3 years old during Episode IX, she somehow accidentally time-travels back into the past, and adopts the name Shmi Skywalker when she's captured and sold into slavery by the Hutts... and accepts the role she now has to play despite vaguely knowing what must happen... 8-} :D

I don't believe it, but it's fun to make crazy predictions again!

There is definitely some visual similarities with Shmi and Anakin. She even has the same leather bracelet as Shmi (or one very similar). The goggles reminded me slightly of Anakin's when podracing. The natural mechanic, natural pilot. The innate kindness. She knows nothing of greed. But unlike Anakin, she doesn't want to become a hero or go on an adventure, she just wants to do the right thing and find her family.

I can also imagine an elderly Finn in Episode X saying "When I first met her, your mother was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with her."

Mdbucfan likes this.
  3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    You guys beat me me to creating this thread. After my third viewing I agree Rey seems MORE like Shmi and Anakin then Luke or Leia.

Here was my theory:

"There was no father". Shmi said so. Qui-Gon believed Anakin was conceived by the force. Later in ROTS Sidious tells Anakin "Plagueis was powerful enough that he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life". So lets assume Plagueis did somehow create Anakin (using Shmi as a host). Let's assume "Snoke" is the regular name for "Plagueis". If Plagueis is still alive (because he did achieve the ability to not die) he may have tried again to create a life-form from the force. Rey had virtually no family (Anakin only had his mom). Also it seems like Ren knew of "this girl", but from where? Did Snoke ever bring her up? Was Snoke playing dumb and trying to get Kylo to deliver her to him?

Interesting idea.

Mdbucfan likes this.
  4. Jensaarai-defender

Jensaarai-defender Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008
    I don't know about clone, but Rei does ping to me as happy,better adjusted female Anakin.

Ghost likes this.
  5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    The acting was waay to good to be a clone of Anakin...

6. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    One of theories I had before the movie was released was that Rey is a clone of LUKE, using Luke's hand. It was Snoke/Plagueis and the Knights of Ren Vader cult who created her. They wanted to create a new Vader and so they used Luke's hand and they ended up with Rey. The cloning angle becomes much more likely if Snoke is Plagueis and I think there is good evidence that he is.

I'm not I think that theory is true though. The one I am leaning towards now is that Rey is "special". Just like Anakin was born as a result of Plagueis and Sidious dabbling in the darkside, the FORCE has CHOSEN Rey. That is why she has such a strong connection to the force. The chosen one concept was introduced in the prequels. When RotJ is the end of the saga, Anakin can be seen as chosen one, because the saga is over, all done. Once RotJ is no longer the ending of the saga, it must be continued in some way and so Anakin saving his son Luke becomes the end of the middle of the saga, not the end of the whole saga. I believe Rey will be what Anakin was supposed to be

7. Jaina_Snoke

Jaina_Snoke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    LOL, great point. I wonder how the PT would have been had DiCaprio played Anakin? But again the PT had the rare ability to turn good actors into crappy ones. See: Portman.

solo77 and Dra--- like this.
  8. DrSmokehaus

DrSmokehaus Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    I think Rey came from the first jedi temple and was placed on Jakku for some reason that will be told later. Kylo is pulling her memories and specifically says; "I SEE AN OCEAN. AND AN ISLAND". Which is coincidentally the exact place Luke is and yet nobody in the entire galaxy knows it but Rey has the exact image in her head. At this point in the movie it was only a partial star map she saw that was unrecognizable and didn't show the planets surface.

Luke chose to hide there for a reason right? Its where the force led him and why they were both emotional in the closing scenes. The Force has awakened and they now both know it.

Canyon D likes this.
  9. Bran Kenobi

Bran Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

10. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Yes it does sound crazy. That because I think it IS crazy.

Mdbucfan likes this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Well it certainly would explain her Force abilities.

12. BlueDmighty

BlueDmighty Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    My theory on ray is that she is the one who destroyed the Academy that is why she had to be placed on some weird desert planet.

13. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    . . . .
    Oh
    My
    Gosh
    Stupid
    Look
    At
    This
    Thread
    Yucky

14. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Hands down Rey is Leia and Han's orphaned twin daughter thought to be killed and lost forever when she was very young and ending up with a scavenger on Jaku.

15. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I believe this more then I believed that Kylo Ren was Luke haha.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We have a Rey thread. Crazy theories welcome!

Mdbucfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.