main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit This is Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Sith Harloxzz, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ugh...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Please take it as a joke[face_peace])

2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Don't forget the space whales...

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    This is what it feels like to be canon. Forever...

4. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I don't see the problem. surely its not more out there than Legends material.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Forgot the panel where Leia head butts a besalisk

6. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Remember when Luke's girlfriend turned out to be a traitor who became a Sith lord trying to ruin his life and eventually turned his nephew to the dark side who then started a bloody civil war and killed Mara Jade who Luke thought at first his ex did it and he killed her only to fall into depression when he found out she didn't?!

Remember when Luke fell in love with a disembodied voice who was allowed to inhabit the body of one of his dying students and then they got into adventures until she died only for an eldritch abomination to impersonate her by using the body of the original girl who allowed her spirit to take over!

podjazd, Kev-Mas_Colcha and SWpants like this.
  7. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Lies, Deceptions!

8. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    "I've killed very many fathers. You'll have to be more specific."

Not exactly a line of dialogue you would expect from Darth Vader, it just doesn't fit but it's honestly nitpicking on my part. Still yes this is all canon (although I'm happy to see Leia use a lightsaber once in the new canon, because you know she was a proper Jedi in the books but not in Episode VII for some reason)

Also the love child of General Grievous and Admiral Ackbar is canon!

As is the clone resurrection thing from Dark Empire through the character Cylo.

Also Palpatine had a body double. Please just imagine that for a minute, in order for him to have a body double Palpatine has his own LucasFilm make up studio and puts this guy through several hours of make up just to use him as a meatshield. Also why does the most powerful Sith lord need a body double? Can't they deflect guns with their hands?

Also Han Solo had a wife inbetween films but that just turned out to be clickbait.

Also Boba Fett had a wife and daughter. ... Wait, no he didn't, not here anyway.

And C-3PO's red arm, yeah it belonged to a 'friend' of his. Not that it matters considering he got rid of it very quickly. (Seriously what was the point of that? And don't tell me to sell a new toy)

Also Poe's mom went on a big adventure with the main cast. ... Does this have any bearing on anything? Nope, turns out she died soon after, off panel. ... What was the point again?

So yes this is canon but it feels irrelevant to the films in the grand scheme of things so not really important canon. :p

(Oh god I have been ranting and raving, but it's all in the spirit of fun here, even if it doesn't look like it. XD )

SpecForce Trooper and TheAdmiral like this.
  9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I once worked on a fanfic delaing with Palpatine's body double (which was titled "His Master's Face"). In my story, the decoy Palpatine was a creditless, former acclaimed thespian, and he was actually surgically modified to look like the Emperor. ^^

Kev-Mas_Colcha and KikReask like this.
  10. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    As someone who doesn't read the comics I'm more intrigued by what exactly is going on in the picture with Vader. He looks like he's being patted on the head like a pet.

11. KikReask

Jul 13, 2016
    Cylo was one of the scientists who designed Vader's suit, as such he knows how to turn it off. So yes he's petting an immobilized Vader just for the hell of it, I think.

12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I take it Vader kills him for it later on?

13. KikReask

Jul 13, 2016
    Despite being turned off Vader has a little mental battle with himself and regains control of his suit and stabs Cylo, but that's only Cylo-V he killed, Cylo returned in his next clone body as Cylo-VI who shortly died for good when Vader convinced his giant brain whale ship to fly into a sun. At least that's how I think it happened but yes Vader mind tricked a ship into suicide. It was pretty neat though.

Jedi Princess and Grievousdude like this.
  14. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    That was for a trap because he knew the rebels were inside the prison and he destroyed it to frame them and sully their reputation for propaganda basically.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  15. KikReask

Jul 13, 2016
    I know but still it's just weird to think he had a body double at all, and considering how Palpatine said he was the best he could find it seems like he used him on other assignments before hand.

16. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Not really suprised by a lot of those pictures. The whole NuCanon G2 Disneyverse thing revolves around fan-service over logic.

17. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Me, in regards to this thread, after seeing the OP and skimming the comments:
    [​IMG]

18. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Luke knews Yoda BEFORE ESB for me was bizarre.

mnjedi likes this.
  19. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    A bizarre story, certainly, but Luke doesn't know it's Yoda. His identity is never revealed in Ben's journal, so to Luke it's just a random Jedi, I believe.

Kev-Mas_Colcha, spicer and KikReask like this.
  20. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010

It's a pretty cool scene. Vader starts moving his deactivated his suit with just the Force, just so he can stab the guy.

21. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I do feel that Marvel redoing the classic trilogy EU was a mistake. They should have just picked up where the 1980s Marvel series left off, after the Nagai war, and shown what Luke was doing in the Aftermath trilogy, as well as showing the adventures of Luke's New Jedi Order. Yes, these stories may end up "meaningless" as Kylo kills them all, but it would still work. Del Rey, Dark Horse etc did not avoid publishing material on all of the prequel Jedi even though we all knew they would die in the Empire's purge, so why is the new canon avoiding any material on the New Jedi Order?

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  22. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Because that storyline is the Movie Trilogy's information to reveal before it gets fleshed out in other media. Once the big beats are revealed in the proper course of the trilogy, you'll for sure see expanded stories about them. It's a matter of not stealing the movie's thunder.

It's also the reason why Saw, Death Troopers, Mon Mothma, and other Rogue One elements didn't air on Rebels until midseason, when they had time to have their introduction/re-introduction in the release of the film, even though they could have had them earlier in the season. The plan is to complement material from other media, not steal the thunder of it.

Same reason we didn't see a pregnant Leia/Birth of Ben in Aftermath books until TFA revealed his existence and identity.

23. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Lucasfilm didn't work that way before. We had Boba Fett in the Holiday Special before his appearance in ESB, and General Grievous in the Clone Wars microseries before he showed up in ROTS. We even had Vader fighting Luke in Splinter of the Mind's Eye before their duel in ESB. No one ever claimed those materials were stealing thunder from the live action films. If anything, they increased anticipation for them.

The pre-movie material was so prolific in those days, there was even real synergy going between tie-in material and films (George liked Aayla and Vos enough to include the former in the films and the latter as a name-drop in ROTS). This synergy is completely missing in the new canon (probably for fear of stealing thunder of the films like you said, although there has never been any indication this was even a problem before).

TheAdmiral likes this.
  24. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Man, we can have all that but not a sentient inter-dimensional giant cube of lemon gelatin with godlike powers.

Life really isn't fair.

25. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I can't wait for the shocking revelation that Waru's home universe was actually the Disney canon universe. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.