main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This is how it is . . . . .

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Most of you know what I'm doing these days but those that aren't 100% up to speed I thought I'd post this thread up and explain why I'm not around this board as much as I have been previously.

I am a full costume member of the Rebel Legion and a forum moderator for Elstree Base here in the UK.

I am a full costume member of Knights of the Republic and the Event Liaison Officer.

Both of these take up a great deal of my time at the moment along with attending various events and helping the members of both clubs get something out of their hobby. Some of you may feel that I have walked away from the Fan Force and all of you, that isn't strictly true although I haven't posted anything of substance for some time. I always knew the Midlands chapter would and could survive without my 24/7 input and to prove that, you're all still here and all still talking to each other. I may have, in the past fuelled some arguments and been far too hasty in saying it how I see it but that's just the way I am.

Quite a few things have changed for many of us during the last 18 months, some for the better and some for the worse but we are all still here and all still willing to spend our time in each others company, that will always be the foundation of this chapter and long may it continue.

It isn't always going to be possible for me to attend meets or get heavily involved in what the chapter is doing but I will always be a member and when I can, I'll be there.

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    sounds like the older version of me i.e. you have become member of costuming groups already!

im sure that we will see you at meets if we arnt already par-taking in the event already!

just try and make sure ur not a stranger!

on the uphand we do now have a decent officer to liase with :D

3. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006

That sounds rude. Quit it.

It's understood TayMar. You've been a loyal member for long enough now to not have to explain you're busy these days buddy. I'm sure we'll still be seeing you around but make sure you keep your eye here and especially the secret base for important info from time to time

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Fair dues, dude.

I can see where you're coming from. Just remember to don't become a stranger! And we still want you to do votes and other stuff if and when they arise. :D

Saw you in the Express and Star the other day, BTW! And the photo's of you and the gang outside the Grand Theatre in Wolvo.

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Tay, there is no posting or attendence requirement for you being a member of FF-UK or any Fan Force. And never will be, you take part as much or as little as you want. Titles here are a little different, but that's another matter. Nor will people be forced into doing stuff they don't want to - eg attend tables, costume, etc. It would be nice to see people join in when FF-UK has such stuff, but it's not a requirement. So you have no need to apologize for not being on here as much dude. Got a busy schedule, you are doing SW fandom proud. Happy for you :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.