This is interesting...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gallandro, Apr 1, 2013.

Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. Gallandro Force Ghost

star 4
    So I participate in a Lucasfilm/Disney Star Wars marketing website called "Obi Wants To Know Me." The send a series of polls and surveys throughout the month to gauge fan interest in various topics and marketing projects. Today's survey was VERY interesting from a Lucas Arts/videogame perspective.

They asked a series of questions about the types of characters that fans would like to see in games and what types of games you play. A number of question related to "How interested are you in Battlefront III," however most of the questions centered around aspects of "1313 Underworld." They asked the types of characters you would like to see in it, and the types of weapons and character archetypes.

The survey had a definite vibe to it like they planned to use 1313 but re-purpose elements of it to fit with some other characters in mind.

Yancy
  2. Minez01 Jedi Master

star 1
    That's pretty interesting. Sounds like exactly what you say - they plan to use 1313 but then change up some elements of it. Survey could also be used as a sort of "check" to ensure that what they've got currently with 1313 is going to actually be popular and commercially viable.

In any case, good to see that a survey actually contains some information about projects we actually want to see.
  3. CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ha! You almost had me. April Fools, right?

The Obi-Wants To Know Me thing was pretty clever
  4. Gallandro Force Ghost

star 4
    No, it's actually a real web site run by Lucasfilm's marketing division.

https://www.obiwantstoknowme.com/Portal/default.aspx
    CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    I want Battlefront III dammit!
  6. Gallandro Force Ghost

star 4
    I voted twice for BFIII and my closing comments in the survey were "The fans want Battlefront III."
  7. Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Don't get me wrong, Battlefront 3 would be cool. I played the sh#t outta BF2! But I've always wanted (ever since the Shadows of the Empire game kinda touched on it) a game about the Underworld!! And now it has be shelved! All the hype for a game that's been friggin mothballed. That sucks because besides maybe GTA5, this was the only game I was really REALLY looking forward to this year!
  8. CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. KudosDas Jedi Padawan

star 2
    Ha, hadn't heard about this website before. Thanks for bringing it up Gallandro, always nice to have an idea of where the marketers are getting at least some of their information from. How active would you say this website is, at least from the corporate side of things?
  10. Gallandro Force Ghost

star 4
    It's getting more active... Started slow, but there have been two surveys this past week which is a bit unusual as they've been having one every 2-3 weeks. I'm sure by later this year it will be very active.

Yancy
  11. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    How do you register?
  12. cdgodin Jedi Knight

star 4
    Yeah, I see a sign-in thing but no where to register.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest