Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by RealMadrid, Jan 1, 2007.
I get the impression Everton didn't like his partner...
Hence my suggestion that allows contestants to choose their partner if they wish or get randomly paired up.
I do agree with a more random pairing as opposed to simple sign up order, though. And that has nothing to do with how the pairs came up this time.
Okay I hope that was sarcastic.
It was the method, that's all. I was surprised that it wasn't random.
I had an awesome partner.
Of course it was sarcastic.
Leave the game the way it is, but post the correct responses and scores after every category, please! It'll make the game more enjoyable and at least we'll know where we went wrong.
My partner totally sucked.
I didn't want to say.
OMG, teh Drama!
Whens the next game?
Bumping this thread to first page.
With ATH Fantasy League ending, this is just about due to start.
Sounds good, I'd be interested to get in on this round.
Ready to go whenever RealMadrid is ... just let me know when I should change the name of the thread to say sign-ups are happening.
Also, let me know if I need to edit any rules changes or clarifications into the first post.
i'll throw my hat in the ring and play
Summarizing the suggestions again:
- Provide correct answers at the end of each set of questions, along with a score update. This should make the game more interesting to follow even for those not involved in the game.
- Keep the team format, perhaps allow players to choose their team if they wish, and pair up those who don't have teammates when the game starts.
- I think a co-host might be a good idea in future versions of the game. Just so someone can keep the game going if one of the hosts is incapacitated at any time during the game.
- My suggestion would be to reveal the scores after the penultimate Double Jeopardy round, but then not reveal the scores before Final Jeopardy. This will mean there is more of a calculated gamble required on Final Jeopardy.
- Also, I don't like the idea of people choosing who they are paired with, as I like the fact that people get paired with people they've not spoken to previously. However the way the pairing off took place was what I didn't like. Don't simply do it by order to sign-ups, but draw the names out of a hat. Make it random.
Those are both mine and others, mixed together... don't think I missed any, but I might have.
And I think I'm going to sit this round out, as I have a ton of schoolwork to do over the next few weeks/next month or so, and posting takes enough time already as is.
Signups are now taking place for the Arena's wildly popular sports trivia game, This...is...JEOPARDY!
You can sign up for a spot to play starting now, and the game will begin Monday, April 2nd. I encourage all who wish to play to sign up, both those who enjoyed it the first time and newcomers. I will take into advisement the suggested changes and will post in the near future which I will be implementing for this upcoming round.
I'll play if Inty plays
I'll play if we can pick our own partners this time. My partner last time was great (PRENN ), but he had a ton of rl obligations during the last game. I'd just like to choose who I play with this go round. If not, good luck and have a great game players!
And if we lose, winnars get to choose our icons/colors for 24 hours? (rather than a game ban)
Sounds only logical.
I'm game if that's the case.
You know, Tyi, it took me a minute to get why you have your colors that way.
Yep, sounds good.
Like Juli said, I'll play if we can pick our partners.
So now I have to convince someone to be my partner?
You can pick your nose, and you can pick your partners, but you can't pick your partner's nose. Or not, what do I care.