main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census This is Jeopardy! - game has a winner

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by RX_Sith, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Imps 200, please.

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Imperials for 200:

He was promoted to Admiral after Darth Vader killed Admiral Ozzel.

3. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jag4Me answers incorrectly and is deducted 200 points. KELIA responds with the correct question: Who was Firmus Piett?

LilyHobbitJedi: 2000
    Jag4Me: 9200
    KELIA: 1150

[hr]

KELIA, please select the next category and amount.

[hr]

Rebels-----------------Jedi-----------------Ships------------Sith----------------Imperials

200----------------------------------------200--------------200--------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Rebels for $200

5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Rebels for 200: DAILY DOUBLE! KELIA, please state how much you want to risk on this category.

6. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
  7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Alright, 500 it is then. Here is the answer:

Han Solo's Homeworld.

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'd like Sith for $200

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    KELIA responds with the correct question: What is Corellia?

Jag4Me: 9200
    KELIA: 1650

[hr]

KELIA, please select the next category and amount.

[hr]

Rebels-----------------Jedi-----------------Ships------------Sith----------------Imperials

--------------------------------------------200--------------200--------------------

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'd like Sith for $200

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Sith for 200:

Count Dooku's Sith name.

This time Jag4Me responds with the correct question: Who is Darth Tyranus?

[hr]

Jag4Me: 9400

[hr]

The last category and amount is Ships for 200.

[hr]

--------------------------------------------200-------------------------------------

[hr]

Ships for 200:

The Millenium Falcon's hyperdrive failed in which movie(s).

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Final Jeopardy!

[hr]

Final Jeopardy category is: The Force.

[hr]

Everyone please post how much you want to risk in this category. I will PM you the answer tonight and you will have 24 hours to PM me back the correct question.

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'll risk $1000

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm going to risk 0. :p

Why take any chances with the way my luck has been running?

15. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I'll risk 1000

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Everyone answers the answer: Name the actors and character involved where the Force Ghost was changed at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Answer: Who were Sebastian Shaw and Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker.

Final Results:

LilyHobbitJedi: 3000
    KELIA: 3150

[hr]

Congratulations, Jag4Me for winning the first game of Star Wars Jeopardy! [face_applause]

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congrats, Connie!!

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    congrats Jag4Me!

Game well played =D= =D= =D=

19. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
  20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Thanks! Also, thanks to RX for a great game![:D]

21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Gameplay

Up to six contestants will play. Play consists of three rounds: the Jeopardy! Round, the Double Jeopardy! Round, and the Final Jeopardy! Round.

Jeopardy! Round

Six categories are announced, each with a column of five trivia clues (phrased in answer form), each one valued, in dollars, incrementally more than the previous, ostensibly by difficulty. Each category is a topical category, and the categories change on each show; the category names are frequently puns or collectively build upon a theme. The values will be $200, $400, $600, $800, and $1,000 for this round of Jeopardy!

The first player to sign-up is first, then the second is second, and the third one is third. Contestants are free to choose any unselected clue, although contestants usually select lower-valued clues before higher-valued clues in any given category. The host then reads the clue ("He was Luke's father"), after which the first player will answer the question. If they do not correctly answer, then the second player will answer the question, and then the third if they also miss the answer. The first contestant to successfully answer via PM correctly in following the host's reading of the clue must then respond generally in the form of a question ("Who was/Who is/Who's Darth Vader?"). (See Phrasing below.)

A correct response earns the dollar value of the clue and the opportunity to select the next clue from the board. An incorrect response or a failure to respond within a 24 hour time limit will result in that dollar value of the clue being deducted from the player's score and gives any remaining opponents the opportunity to give the correct answer. If none of the contestants give a correct response, the correct response is read, and the player who has most recently given a correct response to a clue chooses the next clue.

Daily Doubles

One clue hidden on the Jeopardy! Round game board is designated a "Daily Double" (a name taken from horse racing). Only the contestant who selects a Daily Double may respond to its clue. The player may wager as much as the maximum amount of a clue on the board (currently $1,000 in the Jeopardy! Round and $2,000 in the Double Jeopardy! Round) or as much as he or she has accumulated, whichever is greater, but must wager at least $5. Players may also indicate that they wish to make it a "True Daily Double", meaning that they are risking all the money that they have accumulated up to that point. Daily Doubles are sometimes designated with special tags, such as "Audio Daily Double" (in which a sound clip is played as part of the clue), "Video Daily Double" (in which a video clip is played as part of the clue), "Celebrity Daily Double" (in which a celebrity delivers the clue), etc. Such a tag is displayed as soon as the Daily Double has been selected.

Phrasing

In all of the Rounds, players will be penalized for forgetting to phrase a response in the form of a question; no exceptions!

Double Jeopardy! Round

The second round, Double Jeopardy!, works like the first round, with the following exceptions:

* Six new categories are used.
    * There are two Daily Doubles in this round.
    * The value of each clue is double what it was in the first round.
    * The contestant with the lowest amount of money at the end of the Jeopardy! Round makes the first selection in Double Jeopardy! If there is a tie for second place, the player who signed up first selects first.
    * The response must be phrased in question form (see Phrasing above).

Finishing Double Jeopardy! with $0 or less

Contestants who finish Double Jeopardy! with a $0 or negative score are automatically eliminated from the game and not allowed to participate in the game's final round, Final Jeopardy!

Final Jeopardy! Round

In the Final Jeopardy! Round, the host first posts a category, the players PM a monetary bet, the host gives the question, and they they PM answers.

After 24 hours, the Final Jeopardy! clue is revealed and read by the host. Then a winner is declared for the game. The winner will receive colors for winning

22. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial

23. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    1. The_Loyal_Imperial
    2. Black-Dog

24. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005