main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST This Is Madness: Old fans, new fans and TFA.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What's wrong with unofficial wikis in addition to the official one? And what are Wikia's TOS?

Also, there's nothing official about Wookieepedia. Wookieepedia has been wrong before and is unlicensed.

2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    How did Pre Vizsla fare? I thought he was one of the more interesting villains in TCW.

3. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

He beat Hondo which surprised me. I love both but I thought Hondo might get the popular vote.

Up against Jabba or Fortuna next once the voting malarkey has been fixed!

Just out of interest have you got up to the Maul/Mandalorian arc yet?

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  4. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I'm there now. The sequence of Maul and the Mandalorians gaining control of the underworld is great.

TheBBP likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    As much as I resisted, that arc made me a Bo Katan fan.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Final say on this:

There's no need to create a new Star Wars wiki on wikia... Why would you even bother? Cater to canon? Wookieepedia already does that.

Also, official as in it's recognized by StarWars.com and Lucasfilm. The wiki also affected canon in the past. But if you disagree, you should start a wiki away from Wikia.

7. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I do love Hondo. Favorite line. "Insolent!? We're pirates. We don't even know what that means!"

Mojo120, Revanfan1 and TheBBP like this.
  8. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    DarthLightlyBruise Thought you'd appreciate that particular sequence with it's inclusion of the Hutts, kinda makes me sad we never got that live action Underworld series.

TheBBP and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  9. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Agreed. Though it will be interesting to see where this new proposed TV series goes.

I'm still holding out hope that TFA includes that once-rumored sequence between Leia and five Hutts. A fool's hope, of course...

TheBBP and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  10. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    A couple things.

1. I agree with many that Ahsoka is one of the best things to happen to the prequel era. And she really helps flesh out Anakin's character. The conclusion of her arc in season 5 was heartbreaking. That episode, and the one where Obi-Wan's love interest was killed by Maul, were two of the few times I actually got emotional watching the show. Great stuff. Season 5 was very good (I even didn't mind little frog general).
    2. So far, Season 6 is also really good. I get the sense that a new team of writers and artists were brought on board for 5 and 6. The writing, the shots and the music just seems... better, somehow. For anyone that knows, was this the case?

I've heard people say that TCW redeems the PT for them. For me, it actually highlights the deficiencies of the PT more. However, I will agree that TCW redeems the PT "era" for me. I'm now far more interested in this period of GFFA history than I was before.

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Ahsoka walking off into the distance was indeed one of the most heartbreaking moments of the entire saga.

12. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If there's little to no chance of us seeing Mirta Gev, I can always hold out hope we'll see Bo Katan again.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Even if you still don't like Ashoka you have to give her credit for brining over so many fans.

14. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    I see they're yet to post the results of the Obi-Wan/Yoda and Boba/Jango round, and still no word on the previous rounds results with Jar Jar. Last I saw was Obi-Wan just scraping through, but Jango was hammering Boba, the complete opposite of last year from what I recall. Guess they're not taking any chances with the scripting now.
    Anyway, for this round, Chewie and Vader for me. I love Han, but Chewie was the whole thing that drew my four year old self to Star Wars in the first place.

15. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

Well they brought in new writers all the time, but for the most part most of the people on S5 and S6 worked on the earlier seasons, they just got better at what they did over time. TCW was a show that improved every season and the tragic thing about it's cancelation was that it was a show cut down in it's prime when it was raking in all sort of critical acclaim. I think had the TCW movie been as good as most of S3 onward TCW would of been even more popular than it is now.

As for Eras, you know it's really weird, obviously the OT are better movies with better characters but Id rather have more spinoffs from the PT than the OT. Despite the issues with the PT I actually like the PT setting more than the OT setting, I love the idea of this sick phony manufactured war around wiped up by the worst person to ever live manipulating both the powerful and the weak to acomplish it. I could read or watch stories about the Clones (actually my favorite concept in Star Wars) forever. I think Coruscant is the coolest place ever and that the Republic is more interesting than the Rebellion, Empire or Separatist (this is one of the weak points of TCW actually, they should of fleshed out the CIS more, there's a bit in a few episodes but not enough). I don't know the story in that era just feels so BIG. And I happen to like the political bent in the era. But I guess George's idea was just too big for him to execute properly.

Anyway voted Vader and Han, Chewie is cool and all but he's a sidekick character and in fact one who heavily depends on the guy he's up against.

16. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I don't disagree that the PT has a far more complex narrative than the OT. The problem is that the politics were not compellingly presented (think how this complexity is pulled off in Game of Thrones, for example). As someone whose livelihood has been centered around governance systems and their levels of stability, I can say with some certainty that the politics of the PT reminds me of 9/11 "truther" analysis. The idea of a government-manufactured crisis so expansive being carried out in a republican/ democratic system, without being pretty immediately exposed, stretches credibility for me too far. Such a long-game move by the Chancellor was so extraordinarily risky, and so likely to leak, that I just can't buy it. Yes, I know that he's a Sith and it's all set in a fantasy world. But if that's the case, why dwell on the machinations for nine hours of film?

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  17. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    It wasn't all the government. Palpatine only had a few conspirators at the highest echelon. Everyone else was a dupe.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  18. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I was as happy to see her go, as I was to see Starbuck asplode in BSG.... which is to say, "very happy". Interestingly though I am intrigued to see her re-appearance and find out how her Force theology has changed. So I guess Ashoka > Starbuck. Still not as good as Liea though.

Truth.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Jar Jar actually won

Wow.

20. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Im fine with Jar-Jar beating padme. TCW did alot to better how jar jar is viewed because everyone in the show realises that is a dufus. And as much as TCW made Jar Jar better, i think it hurt Padme.

BTW
    Rex and Pre-visla

thejeditraitor and Toonimator like this.
  21. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Okay, considering Boba and Jango was such a close race I actually like the results despite Boba won. I really can't believe Jar Jar beat Padme, not that I don't the character, but I guess a lot less people hate Jar Jar than I realized which is good!

Anyways, voted Han Solo and Darth Vader yesterday, Captain Rex and Jabba the Hutt today.

22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Thanks to the 4chan crowd I expect Jar-Jar will beat Rex, then Han, then Obi-Wan. Madness indeed.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

For now Rex is winning.

24. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    Wow, Jango still did really well even after filiter out bots, wish he had won though! Not sure if I can wholly believe everything was filitered out though since Grevious vs Tarkin was even 50/50 for like almost a day before hte botting came in full effect, have a hard time believe after filitering it'd really be 41/59.

25. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Hmm.Should I vote for Jar Jar or Rex ?[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.