This Is Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by NorCalBirdz, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
  2. heels1785 Community & Prequel Trilogy Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Easily, Charley Steiner's "Follow me to Freedom!"
  3. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    The WWF (now WWE) Commercials where they took over Sportscenter were funny. Anyone know if they are online somewhere?
  4. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
  5. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I searched for the Dan and Danica Patrick commercial, but I couldn't find it. :(
  6. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
  7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    I liked the one where they had to film the show in every language and they dressed up for the countries.
  8. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    I don't think we have any commercials about sportcenters in Germany. Or at least I can't think about any right now.

So it may sound like a stupid question, but are there many in the USA? :confused:
  9. yankee8255 Chosen One

star 6
    Some of them are quirte funny, but I hate them all -- they signal the start of the demise of sports center, where the show, the on-air personalities and the catch phrases became more important than the sporting events they cover. Charlie Steiner's escape was from the over-hyped, self-congratulatory, self-important monster Sports Center was becoming.
  10. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    The Manning one is adorable!! I hadn't seen that one.

Skiara- Sportscenter is a tv show on ESPN where they talk about a variety of sports (but basically your major ones Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, etc). So there aren't "centers" around the country although I could see how you might be confused with the way things are worded on here.
  11. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
    This one isn't a commercial, but it's my favorite SC segment of all-time. Not only because it's hilarious (especially Steiner), but also because it reminds me of the good ol' days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kq-kCgi-og

I was so happy it was uploaded to YouTube since the tape I had it recorded on was eaten long ago.
  12. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    I admit to laughing a little too much at the new commercial where some hunky guy with an Ohio State sweater is on the couch kissing a hot girl wearing a Michigan sweater. It just sort of lingers on and on and finally up comes the graphic: "If it wasn't for sports, this wouldn't be disgusting"
  13. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    [face_laugh]

Great! They never get old.
  14. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
  15. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    I remember being like 14 or so when the Charlie Steiner "Follow me to Freedom" commercial came out. My friends and I thought that was the greatest commercial ever made.

And you know what? We were right. It hasn't been beaten yet, and it probably never will.
  16. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I admit to laughing a little too much at the new commercial where some hunky guy with an Ohio State sweater is on the couch kissing a hot girl wearing a Michigan sweater. It just sort of lingers on and on and finally up comes the graphic: "If it wasn't for sports, this wouldn't be disgusting"

Didn't that air last year too? I love how every time I see it, its followed by the blind date where the woman says she's a Michigan fan and then the man promptly jumps out of the car and down the hill before screaming "Go Buckeyes!" and she speeds away.
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Oh wow, I've never seen that commercial. I've seen the ones done during the 'attitude' era, but never that one. Thanks.:)
  18. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Oh, the Y2K one right? The one where McGwire is smashing computers and chaos everywhere? Love that one.
  19. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Thanks, Horsey. :)

It sounds interesting. I think I'll watch a bit more of your youtube links. ;)
  20. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The Y2K commercial was hilarious.

I also like the one with Grant Hill playing piano in the ESPN lobby.
  21. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5

I think that commercial is older. Maybe it was replayed last year or something, and while I remember it I don't think it's very new.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.