main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This Is Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by NorCalBirdz, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Easily, Charley Steiner's "Follow me to Freedom!"

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    The WWF (now WWE) Commercials where they took over Sportscenter were funny. Anyone know if they are online somewhere?

4. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
  5. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I searched for the Dan and Danica Patrick commercial, but I couldn't find it. :(

6. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    This is why you fail.

7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I liked the one where they had to film the show in every language and they dressed up for the countries.

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't think we have any commercials about sportcenters in Germany. Or at least I can't think about any right now.

So it may sound like a stupid question, but are there many in the USA? :confused:

9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Some of them are quirte funny, but I hate them all -- they signal the start of the demise of sports center, where the show, the on-air personalities and the catch phrases became more important than the sporting events they cover. Charlie Steiner's escape was from the over-hyped, self-congratulatory, self-important monster Sports Center was becoming.

10. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    The Manning one is adorable!! I hadn't seen that one.

Skiara- Sportscenter is a tv show on ESPN where they talk about a variety of sports (but basically your major ones Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, etc). So there aren't "centers" around the country although I could see how you might be confused with the way things are worded on here.

11. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    This one isn't a commercial, but it's my favorite SC segment of all-time. Not only because it's hilarious (especially Steiner), but also because it reminds me of the good ol' days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kq-kCgi-og

I was so happy it was uploaded to YouTube since the tape I had it recorded on was eaten long ago.

12. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I admit to laughing a little too much at the new commercial where some hunky guy with an Ohio State sweater is on the couch kissing a hot girl wearing a Michigan sweater. It just sort of lingers on and on and finally up comes the graphic: "If it wasn't for sports, this wouldn't be disgusting"

13. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Great! They never get old.

14. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
  15. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I remember being like 14 or so when the Charlie Steiner "Follow me to Freedom" commercial came out. My friends and I thought that was the greatest commercial ever made.

And you know what? We were right. It hasn't been beaten yet, and it probably never will.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I admit to laughing a little too much at the new commercial where some hunky guy with an Ohio State sweater is on the couch kissing a hot girl wearing a Michigan sweater. It just sort of lingers on and on and finally up comes the graphic: "If it wasn't for sports, this wouldn't be disgusting"

Didn't that air last year too? I love how every time I see it, its followed by the blind date where the woman says she's a Michigan fan and then the man promptly jumps out of the car and down the hill before screaming "Go Buckeyes!" and she speeds away.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh wow, I've never seen that commercial. I've seen the ones done during the 'attitude' era, but never that one. Thanks.:)

18. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Oh, the Y2K one right? The one where McGwire is smashing computers and chaos everywhere? Love that one.

19. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Horsey. :)

It sounds interesting. I think I'll watch a bit more of your youtube links. ;)

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The Y2K commercial was hilarious.

I also like the one with Grant Hill playing piano in the ESPN lobby.

21. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002

I think that commercial is older. Maybe it was replayed last year or something, and while I remember it I don't think it's very new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.