main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY This IS the box I was looking for...

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobbyFromBUF, May 9, 2013.

1. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    UPDATE: Blaster progress! I'm posting now at 12:48am because my wife just yelled at me for hammering the metal scope rail, and being loud. Haha, whoops! I guess it's too late to make that much noise. So, I'll wrap it up for the night, but I wanted to share my work so far. I hafta say that whitearmor.net is amazing for information on blaster building. As I mentioned before I bought a "DoopyDoo's" E11 resin blaster kit. The kit comes with almost everything you need to build a great screen accurate blaster. The few parts it does not come with are the metal scope rail, a few replacement screws, a center piece for the sight, and lenses for the scope. Most of this stuff is NOT really necessary, but I wanted to challenge myself to build a super screen accurate replica prop blaster.

So, with that said here are a few pics of what I've been up to:

Here is a shot of my blaster as built so far:
    [​IMG]

On the front of the blaster the resin cast can't quite replicate the accuracy of actual screws. So, I will bore out this part of the resin, and replace it with actual screws:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The metal scope rail attaches to the top of the blaster so you can mount scope and counter:
    [​IMG]
    Once the rail is machined to size (I had to stop since I got in trouble with the wife) I will be able to mount the scope and counter before attaching it permanently:
    [​IMG]
    These used to be the lenses from flashlights I bought at the dollar store. I used my rotary tool to grind them down to fit in the scope:
    [​IMG]
    After all the painting is done I will permanently install the lenses into the scope:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next step is to finish machining the rail, and then build the spring assembly that gets installed inside the barrel, and paint. Thanks for following along! :)

quigonschuel and Darth Erebus like this.
  2. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    looking good!

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Very detailed!

4. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    So, I took a break yesterday from the blaster build, and put my 8' dinghy in the water. I finally finished all the DMV stuff, affixed the registration, hull identification numbers, and the new name. I have had the boat for 3 years, and never named it...

Here's a pic. I hope someday to host a Northridge Beach Day at my house in Blasdell

http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6338/y3bm.jpg

5. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    More progress! Started drilling out the holes on the bottom of the folding stock. Also, I attached the bayonet mount, safety switch, and c shaped ejection port guard.. I'm hoping this thing is ready for paint by Friday or Saturday.

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/9022/49gt.jpg

72Princess likes this.
  6. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    Blaster Update: First coat of primer applied...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

72Princess likes this.
  7. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
  8. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm still waiting for a box...
    [​IMG]

Darth Erebus likes this.
  9. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Are you done yet? It is October after all...

72Princess likes this.
  10. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    Still working.... Soon. I just need to sit down and do it already...

11. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    Progress! So, I bought a pair of TK Boots from CAB Boots, and I am also modifying a pair of boots that I already owned. Man, the boots I am modifying myself are sooooo much more screen accurate!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

12. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    Just wanted to share some progress with everyone...

The TK build process is 100% customized to the individual, and as a result is very slow. When you're building and encounter an issue you cannot figure out - you turn to the forum on whitearmor.net and ask questions. This can be slow though. It sometimes takes a day or two to get an answer....

This is my current situation. Having trouble finding the exact measurements for the proper trims on my armor...

[​IMG]

See how huge my shoulder bells look? I can't find an answer on properly sizing them/reshaping them with a heat gun... So, I'll press on in another area til I get a recommendation...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

13. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
  14. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Lookin good!

BobbyFromBUF likes this.
  15. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Very nice! It will be worth the effort when you are finished.

BobbyFromBUF likes this.