main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This is "THE" classic Palpatine line from ROTS...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by AraPoda, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. all_2_easy

all_2_easy Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    Oh man so many to choose from....

"kill him..." instructing anakin to destroy dooku. I thought it was kool how his facial expression and tone of voice changed for the delivery of that line

"no..no...now you will die!!!!!!!!!!" love the excorcist-like sound of his voice and the camp factor

"I AM the SENATE" I really think Ian really out-Samuel L'd Samuel L. in that exchange

This isn't a quote but I love the looks of disgust he gives to r-2 when they are landing the invisible hand each time r-2 makes noises. Its just so overdone...

"Gooooooooooooooooooood!" when anakin gives himself to the emporer.

The overall smugness of his lines was so perfect. It was funny but creepy at the same time.

2. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    It's not a Palpatine line, but I still go with NOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOoooooo......

Just jokes.

I love the 'we shall have peace line' because the way he moves his mouth, it's like they went in a time machine and got the Emperor out of Return of the Jedi. It's amazing he was able to capture that same creepy look that he came up with back then.

This also isn't a line - but I love the disdainful looks he gives R2-D2 at the start of the movie. He must really have no heart if he can hate R2.

3. all_2_easy

all_2_easy Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    CountDoosheee you are exactly right about his hatred for r-2, then again r-2 did help them escape for the most part...

4. -Syn-

-Syn- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2005
    The best Palpatine lines were:

1. "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"
    2. "I AM the Senate."
    3. "I have waited a long time for this my little, green friend." or "UNLIMITED POWER!"

Mace still has a better line than Palpatine, though. "You are under arrest, my Lord."

5. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    its treasen then. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH

6. Ben-GaSovan

Ben-GaSovan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2003
    "No, No, No... YOU WILL DIE!"

Oh so figgin' sweet:>)

7. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    its treasen then. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH
    [face_laugh]

I like the "We shall have... peace" line because it's delivered in a very similar way to Sidious' famously mocking "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive" line in ROTJ.

Best of all, I like how his voice has changes following the fight with Mace. The second he puts that hood into place, his intonation is EXACTLY how it is in ROTJ (and ESB, now). He sounds like the Emperor beforehand, because of course it's the same actor...but after the fight with Mace and by the time the hood is on, he slips into the full Emperor voice. It's what I call the "Evil Mr. Kipling" voice, for those that remember those adverts.

8. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    CountDoosheee you are exactly right about his hatred for r-2, then again r-2 did help them escape for the most part...

I dont think its hate he expresses, it more like "what do these people see in this mobile trash can".

9. DarthSidiousIII

DarthSidiousIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    Possibly the best line in the movie was "POOOWWWERRR UNLIIIMITTEDD POOOWWEERRRR!!!"

My other favorite was his line "I AM the Senate!" His facial expression here was just brilliant...it's like he was saying to Jules, "Put the wallet in the bag!" Oh wait...wrong movie.

10. KMC

KMC Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    For me it's a tie between "I am the Senate!" and "No! No! No! You will die!" The former was really creepy, and the latter makes him look like something from The Excorcist as someone mentioned earlier.

11. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Impossible to pick a fave Palpy line.

I do love the way he was cackling at Yoda while throwing Senate pods at him. Classic scene. :cool:

12. Violetsaber

Violetsaber Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    You know the line I love to quote?

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many powers that some would consider...unnatural."

You can change it, too, to make it even funnier:

"The Seattle Mariners are a pathway to many losses that some would consider...unnatural."
    "Can I learn this power?"
    "Not from a Yankee."

:D

Violetsaber

13. DarthJoe78

DarthJoe78 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Emperor/Chancellor/Senator Palpatine is one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars Saga. I thought all the lines Palpatine delivered were great. I am a huge fan of the Empire and was always angry on how the Jedi Council conducted thier affairs. They gave the impression that they were better than everyone else (I liked Qui Gon Jinn), but Palpatine put that to rest until Luke Skywalker came along. Do not get me wrong, Palpatine has this persona about himself as well, but seeing all these Jedi show this made me want to see their downfall. I would want to be Captain of an Imperial Star Destroyer if I was living in the Star Wars universe. Here of some of Palpatine's lines from ROTS I thought were awesome:

Kill Him, kill him now, Do it!
    He cut off your arm and you simply wanted revenge. Its only natural

Remember what you told me about you mother and the Sandpeople.
    Are you threatnening me Master Jedi.
    I am the Senate!
    POWER! Need I say more.
    We Shall have Peace.
    Master Yoda, You Survived.
    My little green friend.
    and many more......

* Thought it was hilaroious when Yoda pushed Palpatine over his desk revealing that he was wearing black trousers and black shoes or low boots.

14. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Is this confirmed in the DVD?

("THE" classic line)

15. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    " i AM the senate "

with that line he ceased to be palpatine and became darth sidious.

16. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    "POWWERRRR! ABSOLUTE POWERRR!"

Unfortunately, this line pretty much drowned out by simultaneous sound effects. I could barely hear that he said that in the scene.

17. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    but it sounds very clear,not that i downloaded the video from the previous pics thread O:) but i clearly remember that you can actually hear what he says very well.

18. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    I would have much rather preferred to know what went thru Sidious' mind during his Mace duel from start to finish.

Whether he was faking all along or fighting for his life.....it would have been really interesting to hear his thoughts.

19. JEDIKNIGHT_VILADI

JEDIKNIGHT_VILADI Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I'm with AraPoda on this one; the line from the ROTS novelization is much cooler than anything he said in the film

"FOOL, do you think that the fear that you feel is mine?"

"Master Yoda, you survived."

Cool

20. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    when palpatine says this line who is he talking to ??[face_thinking]

21. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Mace.

22. BrideofVader

BrideofVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2005
    Funny, I thought he said "Unlimited power!" Personally, I like the line, "I am the Senate."

23. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    He did say "unlimited Power". I guess at one time it was supposed to be "Absolute Power" (judgeing by the original post) but was then changed.

24. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    My personal favorite besides, "I am the Senate"!! is when he said to Anakin after becoming Darth Vader: "Every single Jedi has become the enemy of the Republic, including your friend Obi-Wan Kenobi"......."Now go, do not hesitate, show no mercy Lord Vader"

Chills went through me in the theater when he told Anakin to go to the Jedi Temple, I knew this was the beginning of the Jedi Purge which I long waited to see for years, so hearing Sidious give the command to Vader was a classic moment for me.

Darth Sin! :cool:

25. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    I dunno about all of you, but that "POWERRR ABSOLUTE POWERRRRRRRR!!!!" reminded me of Aladdin, when Jafar wished to be a genie. Therefor it kind of acutally make me laugh.

But, yeah, it fits the persornality right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.