This is the LAST time ...... Begin prep for EPISODE 3

Discussion in 'San Jose CA' started by javdog, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mae Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey guys. I got my tickets for Midnight at Camera 12, and 7:15 for the Winchester theaters. If you anyone wants to meet up, we can chat in line.

Mae
  2. DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Try over the hill a tad at Scotts Valley. Not a big screen, but lots of tickets and no advance lines. Saw both Clones and Phantom Menace there, was very easy getting in and parking was a breeze.

DLS
  3. javdog Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If anyone is interested in any tickets for the midnight showing of EP3 at the santa clara Mercado..give me a call. OPENING NIGHT ONLY!(408.806.1378)
  4. DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    FYI:
    Scotts Valley has tickets for the midnight show available as of last Sunday.

DLS
  5. mgmcpa Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I drove past Winchester and the markee says midnight showing is on!
  6. Rogue6 Jedi Master

star 2
    "The circle is now complete."

I'm running off 2 hours sleep, but I don't feel so bad.

I thought Episode III was a fine movie, and that the story that was told tied the OT and the prequels together nicely.
    We are lucky to live in an age where technology and cinematography have combined to give us a truly exceptional viewing experience.

Just like what Yoda said to Luke before he went into the cave, "...only that what you take with you." (something to that effect) is what I feel about all the prequels.
    Ep I, I was so amped to finally see a NEW SW film. I saw it more than 10 times the 1st month. I took in my love for the OT and let it thrive to tie in the beginning of the new trilogy.
    Ep II, I wanted to see MORE! Ep I, was good after further review, but I wanted to learn more about the story. Yes we got to see Jedi in action, Yoda finally kicking some butt. I was eager and just wanting more.
    Ep III, finally I realize that this is it. We WILL see the Jedi fall. They will be turned on and killed! Anakin WILL betray somehow and turn to the Darkside.

Now that I've seen Ep III, I am satisfied. We were treated to something very special. The space battles and detail were phenominal. The many worlds and characters were incredible. And of course the lightsaber duels were awesome!

While we may still yearn for more, I think the story was told at a good pace and that it is now fully understood.

Hey, I'd love to see a 3+hr SW movie myself, but it's George's story and he told it in 2 hr 20mins. The fact that tons of footage was cut doesn't mean we won't ever see it - thank goodness for DVD.

I have a feeling of closure. I am saddened a bit to see this story completed, but I am happy that I've witnessed the story to completion.

As fans, we appreciate far more of the story/lore of SW because of what we take into it, and ultimately what we take away from it.

MTFBWY - always...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.