main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx This is what I get...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MJ_Keehan_Sundve, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    ...for posting on a Christian Message Board.
    Everyone ganged up on me because I listen to hardcore secular punk and because I don't agree with America. Whatever. See if I ever post in there again...

:mad:

PS... sorry... I just felt like venting...

2. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    That's why I stay away from places like that. Well, that and the fact that I don't beleive in the Christian God...

3. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

Nov 12, 2002
    Das is true...

Oh well. I tried to be nice...

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Sometimes all that will get you is a black eye :eek: ;)

Believe me! :p

5. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    MJ: That's when you go there and start smacking them around with actual facts about thier religion and see if anyone can handle the truth. [face_devil]

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Unfortunately, the blindly faithful, are just that... Blind :(

Makes me feel sorry for them... TO follow something they neither understand, nor care to learn about. :(

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Stupid Snowball :mad:

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Or maybe it was "THEM" getting even w/ me revealing their true stupidity :eek: ;)

9. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I have blind faith in some things, but I prefer to call it hope, or an open mind.
    I think they have a right to believe in Christianity, whether I or others do or do not. It's people that are hypocrites or that tell you you are wrong because you don't believe what they do that gets me. But I don't criticize their actual beliefs because to me, that is what many of them do to others. I don't want to be on that level.

I really enjoy the way Dogma puts it. Ideas are good, they can be changed. Beliefs are harder. I also really enjoyed Bruce Almighty's take on religion. And Morgan Freeman as god was the coolest.

10. wardenx

Apr 23, 2003
    Amen, Princess (no pun intended). It's allabout learning and growing together, I think. Open and honest sharing of beliefs and ideas will take us farther than dogmatism ever could.

11. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Ganging up on you for listening to hardcore secular punk??? [face_laugh] Ahah!! That's too funny. Not YOU - I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing because, good god, that stuff is so benign... :D

Eh, it figures on a Christian message board, tho.

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    NOw, when you get into a Scripture Debate on a JC board, then you can complain... And I have :mad: :p

And they were mostly from Georgia and Utah... Go figure [face_laugh]

13. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I try to avoid organized religion whenever possible. MJ, your post is a perfect example of why it drives me nutz... everyone is quick to judge you and point out everything you are doing wrong (i.e. listen to the music you enjoy) I have little respect for organized religions that tell everyone else all the things they are doing wrong, and then turn around and do horrible things to little boys, beat their wives, have drug and alcohol problems, and commit other horrible crimes. Whatever happend to common sense and personal responsibility?

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Not all Christians are that close minded, MJ. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience --it makes other (decent and possibly more open minded) Christians look bad.

And I'm not even going to comment on my "friend's" comments. I don't slam your 'religious' beliefs on the boards (or even in your face or behind your backs), and I'd appreciate it if you all didn't slam mine (and some of the others on these boards). I respect you enough as friends to look past my disagreements with what you believe, and I'd appreciate it if you would show a little common courtesy as well.

//OW gets off soapbox before he says anything that might damage future/current friendships//

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    ED: double post

16. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

Nov 12, 2002
    Yeah... I'm all for being open to new things. That's one of my good qualities... People can just be so narrow-minded that it makes me sick... Oh well. All I can do for them is pray, I guess.

17. wardenx

Apr 23, 2003
    Obey I'm with ya, bro. I'm not Christain, but I am all for persoanl beliefs being sacrosanct. Like I said before, if we could just share and learn and grow from one another, we could evolve exponentially. Trashing someone for their beliefs is just petty and ignorant. Now, challenging someone's beliefs through discourse and debate is perfectly acceptable if the other person is willing and able to uphold their end of the arrangement. LOL We all have valuable things to share with each other. Why waste time tearing someone down when you gain nothing out of it but the temporary satisfaction of vainglorious pride?

18. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm afraid if I went to a christian message board, my computer would burst into flames...

but then maybe not, I did walk into a church the other day w/o any spontaneous combustion...hrm...

19. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I think I heard my name...

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Here's my take on it. Don't go to a Christian Message Board with old Fogeys. Go to one associated with youth. Generally the Youth can associate with you and point you to Hardcore Christian Punk nicely, like Kutless, Relient K, and other such bands, that really own.

If you go to a Christian Message board that isn't very contemporary, you're in for trouble, as most of those people are old fogeys who don't understand true music. They think true music is the sound of the Church Organ and a Choir. That's music, but they don't have to slam it in your face, saying that you should listen to it instead of the music you know and love.

I'm born and raised a christian and still am being raised that way, and you would probably like one of the sermons my pastor had about a couple of weeks ago. It's about how people shouldn't bring prejudice on how the worship includes Drums and Guitar, as it doesn't really matter.

That's my 2 cents. I hope you can take it.

21. Admiral_Palpetine

Admiral_Palpetine Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2003
    Yes, i would have to agree with Kevin. I am a strong Christian too, but i still dont think that those people should've been getting up in your face. As a christian, i believe that we should respect everyones opinion and not get in peoples faces when they dont have the same opinion as me. I just say, do what you want to do, and dont listen to anyone, heck, maybe someday you will hear some christian punk and learn to love it. I sure did.

22. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    MJ,

I'd like to apologize to you on behalf of the christians who slammed you. I follow Christ and it is an embarassment to me when other christians give Christ a bad image. The God I know is alot more forgiving and loving than some of those who follow Him.

As for hardcore secular punk, I've slam danced with the best of them! (not for a quite a few years, say over 15!)

23. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Clarification in case I may have upset anyone: I have been a Christian since I was very young. However, I have seen and experienced way too many examples in my life where an "organized religion" was (mis)used as a shield for a lot of really bad activities.

24. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i have way too many issues with religion in general to even metion them here. the sociological and historical aspects of religion tend to fly in the face of the way i choose live my life. suffice to say that i abstain from religion.

but just because i don't belive in what you do, doesn't mean we can't be friends. in fact, i have friends that run the religion gamut, and we all get along just fine.

i wish people in the middle east would figure that out...

25. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    Well, I must say that my interest is piqued. How do you get to the particular christian board that is being discussed? I am curious to see what these people are like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.