main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx This is what I get...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MJ_Keehan_Sundve, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I'm on the Jeremy Camp Forums.

And Kev... sorry to break it to ya... but Kutless and Relient K are HARDLY hardcore bands... sorry man.

I tried listening to Christian punk... mostly Sidewalk Slam and Broken Cedars... It's okay, but not NEARLY as hard or as fast as I want it.

BTW... I am a Christian/Catholic, just in case you didn't know.

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Kutless and Relient K are HARDLY hardcore bands

How 'bout POD?

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Heh, MJ --I used to listen to some hardcore Christian metal bands: Deliverance, Tourniquet, Vengeance Rising, Mortification, Die Happy etc. Most of the typical church goers were put off by that style of music, but hey, it was good stuff and IMHO, was better than the alternatives. Granted, most of those bands no longer exisist anymore, but that whole style of music seems to have gone away. :(

I actually got saved at a Christian metal concert, and I know that there are some good bands out there reaching out to people who would never walk into a normal church, and I am glad they do. Besides, not everyone can stand to listen to K-LOVE, and I personally get sick of the typical Christian media establishment, both radio and especially TV. So if you can find something that fits your particular style of music, then go for it. Just don't let the small minded confirmists dictate which way you should go. (Not that you would. ;) )

I hope this helps. :)

4. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    heh... not hard enough or fast enough, eh? :D

5. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    My .08 cents (inflation ya know):

I'm a Christian and proud of it (Seventh Day Adventist to be precise). SDA is a very organized religion. But there are also very varied degrees of it. On one end, you have the super traditional, often composed of people in their 40s and over, who enjoy organ, piano, and the occasional violin. Music with drums and percusssion shouldn't be listened to anywhere, and most certainly not in the sanctuary (nobody tell them that the piano is a percussion instrument). Then there's the contemporary side, which I currently go to. The song service is a praise service consisting of keyboards, guitars, and, gasp, horror of horrors, a trap set. In fact, they sometimes call out for a quick drum solo, or only the drum for the song.

Anybody that gives you crap about the kind of music you listen to needs to read the writing in the sand (a reference to the most frickin AWESOME stories in the entire Bible). You want to listen to punk? Fine. You want to do this that and the other thing? Fine. Just as long as it doesn't interfere with your personal relationship with the Man upstairs.

That's what I love about my church and pastor. It accepts you no matter what, if you have the desire to FEEL UNBELIEVABLE, UNDENIABLE PEACE. My pastor never preaches about eternal damnation (then again, we don't even believe in it. If you're not going upstairs, you're just going to die. No need for prolonged torture) or the penalty for sins. Because in his own words, "It's just too depressing. Isn't faith supposed to be joyful?"

I don't want to go further, cause before long I'll start preaching. I just wish everyone could experience the joy I feel whenever I realize what's next, and I'm sure some of you do.

/me Takes off my banded collar and sets The Good Book down. ;)

6. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    You want to do this that and the other thing? Fine. Just as long as it doesn't interfere with your personal relationship with the Man upstairs.

AMEN to that!

7. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    hee hee heee
    and all the people stoped to watch...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.