main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx This is why I hate my job

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Ima_princess, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    From an actual email from one of my passengers in the UK.....

Aria,
    Am I covered by STA Travel insurance for putting the wrong gas in rental car? i.e. petrol in a disel car. I could argue that it was not posted on the dash or the gas cap.

Thanks,

Dumbass passenger

This firmly cements my belief that some parents send their children abroad in the hopes that they WILL NOT return.

*sigh* I need a new job.

2. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
  3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    oh no... because, I guess it's not common sense to try and find out first.

4. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    Plus, it's not like the engines make the same type of noises. ANyone who has heard a diesl engine will NEVER confuse it with a gas engine. Did the person hear >something< weird?

5. Jedi_PrincessAZ

Jedi_PrincessAZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    Oh, that's priceless!!! I have a stupid client story myself...

I work at an insurance co. (life, health, auto, etc.) and I received a call one day from a lady who's mother had just passed away. I gave the usual condolences and then started to explain the claim process to her. She stopped me and said that before she filed the claim, she wanted to change the beneficiary on her mother's policy to remove her sister (they were each 50% beneficiaries) because she and her mother had not talked to the sister in years and she was just sure her mother wouldn't want her sister to have any of the money. I explained to her that only the policy owner could make changes (which was the mother) and then only prior to the death of the insured. The woman flipped out and started swearing like a truck driver and threatened to call the AZ Dept. of Insurance to report our fraudulent practices.
    I just wish I had been able to see the looks on their faces when she came in to report that one!!! Can anybody say "insurance fraud???"

6. turbo72577

turbo72577 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    This happened to my roommate while she was selling appliances in Wisconsin.

Customer: Hello, my washing machine is making funny noises.

Cindy: I can send a repairman out tomorrow. How old is the machine?

Customer: It's about 20 years old.

Cindy: (after quietly gasping) What brand is the machine.

Customer: Why?

Cindy: If we knew the brand we can get a better understanding of how to fix it before we even get there.

Customer: Oh. Ok. It's a white one.

7. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    What worries me is who in the hell took the sticker off of the car that says to put diesel fuel in it anyway?!?

8. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    wish my old computer hadn't died on me before i could transfer stuff, had a doozy of a story on there. i know if i tried to tell it, i'd butcher it.

9. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    Stickers? We don;t need no stinkin stickers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.