main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW This means war

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shara_82, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    Level 5 yeah :D

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Ya'll still fightin' this little campaign, eh? Because according to the numbers I'm seein', it looks like a runaway....FLOL!

PS: That's why we never stop....we never learn....FLOL!!!!!

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Heh, it looks like Denver made it to 45,000 posts first. ;) :D

4. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    hey you're boosting our post count. not yours, OURS.

5. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    shh!! I dont think they know that yet.....

6. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Are we still fighting Denver? Haven't we won already? Well, if we don't beat them first, I know H-FRIC are out to get them...

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    As I said, if the folk in Denver measure their importance by posts on an internet message board, I feel sorry for them, I really, really do.

8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    It's much more fun to create goals and achieve them, than it is to blindly go forth in abstraction. Hence the posting thing.

Mostly we do it for fun, or I would never have bothered posting in here too :D

Hi Messicat!

9. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    *waves hand* Pfft, whatever.

you know how many clicks it takes to check the post counts of both Denver and NSW?

10. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Hello Ptrsons! You seem to like posting here, its very strange. I'll hafta go over to the Fortress, check what's going on.

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Oh, we agree....that's why we, and the 501st were the leading cast of supportive characters for the Denver EPII charity event that raised $800,000 for Children's Charity, why we sponsored the Urban Peak teen home, why our monthly meetings(only city-wide)usually count about twenty members, and why we have the ultimate trip planned for Celebration III......ya'll outta come on over and see a real event!!! Posts are all well and good, but it's the deeds that matter....posts are just the flaky crust on the best pie ever made! FLOL!!!!

12. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    How big is Denver compared to NSW? How many people are in your state compared with ours? How many members do you have? How widespread are your members, like geographically wise? How long does it take to get from one side of your state to another?

I'm asking these questions for a reason, don't worry, I'm not being weird!

13. Somebody_For_Someone

Sep 27, 2001
    All I have to say is, kitarusapien: you're american, we're not.

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Messicat - Let's see, I believe the whole state is sitting around 2 million people.

It takes about 8 hours to drive from East to West 6 from North to South (at an average of 65MPH - sorry don't know the kilometers offhand).

We have over 60 total members, 20-30 fully active members (meetings and board time), over 90 people on our mailing list, and our members come from up to 4-1/2 hours away to attend events. The majority of us live in the Metro Denver area, which has around 1 million people in it. We also have one member 2-1/2 hours away in Laramie, Wyoming, and another who is currently away at college on the East Coast (but still posting).

I think that answers all of the questions :D

How about you guys?

15. Pigalek

May 23, 2001
    We're bigger I think, general population wise that is. i have no idea about the amount of nswers on fanforce

16. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I'm curious....how do ya'll hold meetings? Or do you? It must be kind of tough to get together country-wide, huh? No matter....ya'll rock!!!! And ya'll definately have been the FanForce to beat in our posting wars....FLOL!

17. Pigalek

May 23, 2001
    Alot of us actually live within 2hrs (give or take) drive from the city. So holding meets isn't that hard

18. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Aren't there about 4 million people in our state? Or is that just Sydney? I can never remember. Takes about 11 hours to drive to the north of the state from the city, about 11 to the south of the state from the city, not sure about to the west. Not sure how large our state is, but it has the biggest population in the country.

Oh, how I love my country :)

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Oh, so ya'll probably number, what.....twenty or thirty memebers per meeting?

20. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Didn't think I'd be posting in the war thread. :p

Most of us live in or around the captial city of NSW, Sydney, so it's easy for us to get to meets. I guess there's not really an average per meet, it just depends on what we're doing. I'd say around 13-16 people is a healthy size for your garden variety meet (like a BBQ at someone's house). If it's something bigger like going to see The Magic Of Myth or our Christmas Party, we'd get around 20 or so people. :)

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yea, that's why I appreciate the RMFF so much....they're so consistent! It's nice to be with a group that stays together, yu kno?

22. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    It is hard to have consistency cause many of us have work or school or other personal plans when some of the meets are held as well. But generally there are a nice comfortable number.

23. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Well, a lot of us have things like work, school, university, families, non ff boyfriends/girlfriends (tho most have ff ones, we even have some getting married! :)), sports etc.

I myself work full time on shift work as well as being on call, study at university full time doing 2 degrees concurrently, play baseball on weekends and have the other half factor as well as family commitments, but still manage to make a meet or 2 :)

We usually have something going every other weekend, whether it's small or large groups. We have at least one big meet per month.

24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Oh, I kno what ya'll mean!!! I work graves at the hospital, both CT & X-ray with call. My wife, five dogs, maintaining 34 acres and visits from the in-laws make for a hectic pace! But I luv my Star Wars group, and always make time for them!

25. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    DOWN WITH DENVER!
    DOWN WITH DENVER!
    DOWN WITH DENVER!
    DOWN WITH DENVER!
    DOWN WITH DENVER!
    DOWN WITH DENVER!
    DOWN WITH DENVER!
    DOWN WITH DENVER!
    DOWN WITH DENVER!