Tucson This Meeting of the Backdrop Committee is now in Session...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by thatsMISTERwookiee, May 10, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Got off to a late start Friday, only got one panel done. Chris said he could be there Saturday (July 1st), so the next attempt to finish the remaining two panels will be this Saturday. No painting yet! So, can anybody else make it to Cat's house then?
  2. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I will try. What time?
  3. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Lets try to beat the heat! Can we shoot for 8am?
  4. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    These are the star field panels right? I can be there for a few hours but I gotts get us out of the old house.
  5. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    so its Sat morn..shooting for 8am? Well, I like to sleep in on Sat...but I guess I can drag myself outta bed for you fellas... [face_coffee] :mad:
  6. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, these are the starfield panels. This is to finish assembling the remaining two panels.
    We can decide when to start painting the completed panels Saturday morning. I can make 8:00 AM.
    Cat, will you be awake at that time? If not, prepare to be awakened.
  7. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    K, I will show up.
  8. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Indeed I will!!! Look forward to the company as always.. will provide some sweet breakfast snacks for you guys! That and plenty of cold Water for the heat.. and perhaps some koolaid as well!!
  9. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Here are some awesome backdrop sites. I can print some of these out to vote on at the next meeting if you like. I personally like the Death Star hallway and the Emporers Window.

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/customimages.htm

http://psychography.home.insightbb.com/Ultarama/

[image=http://psychography.home.insightbb.com/Ultarama/DS-Hall-Left-TM.jpg]
  10. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess the "jelly beans" were a suprise then? =P~
  11. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Should we try to finish the last frame after the meeting this weekend? It should be evening time and alas be cooler!

-chris
  12. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    '
    Were we also going to take pictures in costume after the meeting?
  13. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Its still muggy and rainy, honeslty Im not going to be in the mood to vader up inthe hmugginess, anyone else want to bail on the photoshoot this time?
  14. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Anybody up for finishing the last frame on Saturday around 8:00 AM? They will then be ready for painting and we can move them to the new house.
  15. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I have some plans at 2:00pm as well as Sierras dance class from 10:00-11:20am. Jack do you think you and I can finish it by 10:00??? I can stop by and do that first thing then take Sierra to her class then possibly help move after her class. Oh btw I got your message the other night. I will try to get some new pics of some other kinds of stilts and possibly do 2 sets one for each of us if you are interested in modifying the wookie.

-Chris
  16. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good, Chris. See ya around 8 AM.
  17. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    So, does anybody feel like finishing construction on the three panels this weekend?
  18. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I heard this weekend was scratched .. I will be out of town on the 12th and 13th of this month.. just making sure I let you know, Jake will be there at the house, I will leave it up to him if he will be up for anyone coming over that day just in case anyone wants to work on the backdrops then.
  19. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    So the weekend of the 5th and 6th is cancelled.
  20. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I like all of the ideas, not being an artist, or that creative for that matter it is hard for me to invision how to go about all these ideas, but point me in the right direction and tell me what hand to move and where to move it and I will do whatever I can to help make it happen. Perhaps I am not quite that inept, but you get the picture. :)
  21. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi, everybody, the Great Procrastinator here. We need to finish the assembly of these three panels and get them painted before we even contemplate doing a Death Star hallway for the 2006 Howl-a-ween zoo event. This weekend is a no-go for me. How about Saturday morning the 26th? Is that good for people? Once we get the braces attached we could start painting that same morning.

Just looked at this message. Okay, so royal blue is not a good color to use with the grey background.
  22. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Anybody out there want to finish these things?
  23. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Staurday 8am sounds good to me........better yet make it 9am I have to work at Cinnabon friday night!

-Chris
  24. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Saturday morning we start painting the backdrops. Wish us luck.
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I will be there, with my bells on!!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby