main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This might be a little too much....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dik-ome, Feb 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dik-ome

dik-ome Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2001
    I know all the fans out there that do not like Zahn a whole lot will not agree...but would it not be great to see another Thrawn clone come into the NJO! Thrawn, with his military genius, teaming up with the Jedi ant the New Alliance...I would love it...anyone else agree?

2. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Not really, no. :)

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm not anti-Zahn, but I am against that idea. Thrawn returning again would just be weak. The guy's dead, as is his only clone. Leave him that way.

4. dik-ome

dik-ome Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2001
    A boy can dream though, can't he?

5. Cpt_Pellaeon

Cpt_Pellaeon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2001
    I am torn...

I would like nothing more than Thrawn to come back and whoop the Vong back to Kansas, but I do agree that would be a really weak plot line.

However, for anyone else who is a Thrawn fan, look for a new power to arise in Jag Fell's partner Shawnkyrnuruodo (sp???). I think they put her into DJ to 'test the waters' on readers reactions.

6. dik-ome

dik-ome Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2001
    Are you implying force power in a Chiss?

7. Cpt_Pellaeon

Cpt_Pellaeon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2001
    *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

The boy's got potential!!

Yeap. I really think DelRey wanted to see how it'd float to bring the Chiss into the fray...but who'd expect a force using one?

One problem though - I can see the Chiss having a very liberal idea of light side/dark side. Actually that might be kind of fun to explore!!

8. dik-ome

dik-ome Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2001
    They do discuss how the Chiss do not feel anger, so as Jedi they might fit right in. I would like to see Thrawn resurected with Jedi powers! I know everybody would hate it, but it would be fun times in the NJO.

9. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    I like the idea of Thrawns sratagies stored in a holocrown type of thing, and someone finds it, and starts to learn from it.

10. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    i'd like Thrawn holo to fall into Jaggeds' hands.

I mean thrawn could have given it to Soontir right or made a clone of Thrawns brilliant mind and mixed it with Soontir battle exertise and added some of Syal beauty : ta daaaaa

And Jagged becomes the heir Thrawn never had . [face_devil] and he gets the girl :D

11. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    I'm as pro-Zahn as you get, but I hate that idea. Another Thrawn clone would just put a dent in the series' credibility, which is already near the breaking point.

However, a Chiss Thrawn Protege would not be too bad, possibly sent by Soontir along with whatever battle group they end up sending.

I dunno, whatever. Think... lose.. concentra.. oh to hell with it.

12. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    exactly a Chiss Thrawn Protege sent by Soontir .. now that would be Jagged as he states so well in DTR.

:D

13. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    We already have Pellaeon as a Thrawn protege, but it might be possible if handled appropriately. While I don't think bringing characters back to life is too much of a threat to credibility if there's a valid reason for it, the Thrawn clone idea would just be a way of retelling the story that was already written in the Thrawn trilogy.

14. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    theres nothing that will be more star trekky than to have someone come back from the dead and lead people to victory. thrawn, like anakin and chewie, is DEAD and he is not coming back. if he does come back i will give lfl a piece of my mind. its only so far that you can go with clones and bringing the dead to life. give it up with thrawn, he has outlived his usefullness.

15. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    No! Thrawn was great as a villain, but let's leave the dead where they are, shall we?

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.