main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "If You Seek His Monument, Look Around You" - The Man of Steel and Announced Sequel Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    My post was made practically at the same time yours. Your post didn't exist when I clicked post.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, I thought that was a possibility, hence just a broader warning.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Stop behaving like schoolchildren. I'm getting real tired.

Let me rephrase that too: next time this thread's peace is disturbed you WILL get banned. And that goes for everyone. Complaints? To PMs.

Now, return to your MoS discussion.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Like it's hot?

I mean, I will in fact behave sir.

I am you scream we all scream for Internets, I believe it's out 12 November on DVD and Blu-Ray.

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    ...eeeeeh, it could be because he was thinking to stop the two reaction masses slamming together. I understood that's how a nuke goes off. No collision, no critical mass.

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    QFT. How about when that guy from that gay cowboy movie and all those teen rom-coms was cast as the Joker. You guys remember how the most dire predictions came true and his role was savaged by critics and the movie bombed at the box office?

Yeah...me either.

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    That's alright, 00-Sai. While you sit from your lofty PC Throne, we idiot console gamers will be enjoying GTAV while you...wait. Indefinitely. :p

As for Batfleck, wouldn't it be funny that all this hubbub is going on yet perhaps his amount of screen time might be negligible in relation to Cavill's? If this Supes/Bats is the MoS sequel, then perhaps it WILL be the MoS sequel, and Affleck's role might be secondary at that.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Several articles are already hyping up Affleck as the next Nolan. I wouldn't go that far.

9. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Affleck will serve the part well. I just worry that the small role that BW/Batman will have in MoS2 will overshadow Henry Cavill as Superman. I really like Cavill and think he's a great actor.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess that's the game plan, if the rumors are to be believed: getting Affleck involved in this so that he'd eventually helm a JL film. Some might be feeling antsy at this, since Affleck has never directed any sort of summer blockbuster like that. But then, neither did Nolan prior to his Bat-flicks. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, it just means that Superman has had a reputation that for some people, they feel is a burden on the character and hard to shake. Batman is about goodness, but he'll break laws and legs to get the job done. Early on, Superman was a rebel. He came in and fought against corruption and social injustices. He fought for the little man. This changed with the end of the second World War and Superman became known as a the Big Blue Boy Scout, who wouldn't harm a fly and was always dishing out fatherly advice. This is why Frank Miller chose to portray Clark as a government stooge, because to him, that was the ultimate end goal for him. Whereas Batman wasn't so popular, at different points, he could go to different extremes and still be workable. That is until he became insanely popular with those who like the **** kicker who would tell Superman that the last time he mattered, was when he was dead. Among the people who think Superman is outdated, this is what they see and what they know of the character. The studio believes that the wholesome image is hurting Superman and thus pushed for the tonality in MOS.

The Joker had drugged Clark, with a combination of the Scarecrow's fear toxin and Green Kryptontie, which made him think that he saw Lois as Doomsday. He took Lois into space thinking that as Doomsday, he could survive the trip as he had before. The Joker had surgically implanted a deadman's detonator to Lois's heart that would set off a nuclear bomb, that levels Metropolis. This was a take off on when Max Lord used his powers to make Clark attack Bruce, thinking that Doomsday, Darkseid, Brainiac and Ruin were attacking Lois. See "The OMAC Project"/"Sacrifice".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have no idea what's going on.

Anyway, entertaining film despite it's flaws.

13. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

I would've been very happy with the movie if they had cut the final fight with Zod out.

soitscometothis likes this.
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Why cut that out? What, because Superman killed?

15. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    No one complained when Batman broke his one rule and killed Harvey Dent, but a Superman on his first day of supermaning having to reluctantly kill a fellow kryptoninan and expressing utter horror at having done so... everyone loses their minds.

Though I do have to say if they are parodying the animated series... Superman would've damaged the Daily Planet alot more than that too. Man of Steel Superman was a saint compared to how much collateral damage the Timmverse Superman caused daily. :p

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I understand why they did what they did. But also... see Grant Morrison.

17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    http://batman-news.com/2013/11/07/batman-vs-superman-to-feature-robin-video/]Nightwing[/url] in Man of Steel 2?

Unless this is just a cameo I hope this rumor turns out false. I don't think Nightwing is very well known outside of the comic book audience and there's so much they could do leading up to Nightwing once Batman movies start coming out again. I wonder what superhero will rumored to appear in MOS 2 next? Maybe Lex Luthor will help create Cyborg who rebels before the end of the movie and then teams up with everyone else in the Justice League movie when it finally hits sometime in 2017/2018.

18. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    That but also even before that it was just too much. Too much action and effects and explosions and buildings falling. They already had a decent climax. It was all unnecessary. The story moved like molasses in the second half of the movie. And why can't we have any heroes that don't kill any more?

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That wasn't the climax. The climax is Superman versus Zod. That would be a lame ending that Clark doesn't stop his father's killer. That's like ending "A New Hope" with the Millennium Falcon fleeing from the Death Star.

We did. Batman didn't kill. Spider-Man didn't kill. Superman killed here because it was about establishing why he shouldn't kill and that he would have to make a hard choice and if he will in the next film.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    He did stop him. Zod himself said Clark had taken his purpose.

Batman killed in Nolan's and Burton's films.

I assumed that most if not all that scene was setup for the sequel. So I have to watch the sequel to find out why the film makers pissed me off? If that's what the sequel is about then save that scene for the beginning of that movie.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Taking away his purpose is not the same as actually stopping Zod, which is why he went on a rampage. Not going to Crystal Lake doesn't mean that Jason Voorhees has been stopped. The passengers on the ferries not blowing each other up, didn't stop the Joker.

I was talking about the Nolan films. And Batman, like Superman, did kill in the comics.

No, after Clark killed Zod, he screamed because he did that. Then he says to Lois that he shouldn't have done that. What may happen in "Batman Vs Superman" could build off that, i.e., he is faced with the temptation to kill again and Bruce would oppose him for that. It's like in the comics. "The Supergirl Saga" lead to "Exile".

22. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Was that a Byrne story?

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

So many good lines. The best, given the DC thread, may be: "I can't believe I'm now rooting for Ben Affleck to kick this guy's ass..."

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm getting the Blu-ray for Christmas for sure!

25. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    LOL that was great, but they forgot to add a Matrix parody. Morpheus could have just asked for Tank for a line but the Krpyton gang destroyed all the lan lines.:p