main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY This November: Star Wars Holiday Special Silver Anniversary

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by KenDeep, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teras_Kasi_Master

Teras_Kasi_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    I've never seen it so I would LOVE to see it. Of course if the rumors are true, then by the end I'll realize they'll be nothing to love.

2. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Sad news....Art Carney has died at age 85. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will be missed. First Johnny Cash, now this. :(

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Mike,
    I didnt know you were a big Johnny Cash fan. So am I. --Billy

4. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Yup. The man in black.

5. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Happy Life Day To All!!!!

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Because this is being held at a private residence there is a limit to how many people can attend. Please notify me ASAP if you would like to come.

Any local chapters (or visitors from chapters that aren't local) that wish to attend are invited. :)

For directions please PM me.

We have also decided to have an optional grab bag that day. The price limit is $10 and it must be Star Wars related.

7. Teras_Kasi_Master

Oct 16, 2003
    2 questions. What time is it from/till. And do i need to bring anything (like food or drink?).

8. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Last meeting we came up with the idea that everybody could bring something. For instance for drinks, since we will be there all day, if you like Pepsi, bring a six pack. Thats enough for your self and a little extra. If everybody brings something we'll have an assortment for everyone to choose from.
    Pick something else like Chips, or popcorn, or pretzels to snack on until later in the afternoon when we all chip in for Pizza.

Also if you want to participate (not mandatory) in the holiday grab bag, were all throwing in a gift star wars related. ($10 limit)

If you need directions to the party, PM StarFromIHJ.

Who is coming to the party? It should be alot of fun. --Billy

9. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Please PM me what you are bringing so we don't have a lot of the same thing (e.g., everyone brings a Pepsi 12 pack and no one brings chips).

10. Teras_Kasi_Master

Oct 16, 2003
    So what time is the party at??

11. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
  12. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I'll be bringing Tostitos chips and Salsa and Diet Coke. --Billy

13. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Well everybody should bring what ever they are drinking, even if we all are Pepsi drinkers. No need to have each of us bring something different, because we'll all be drinking our favorite drink anyway.
    It would be good though if someone brought pretzels, potato chips, peanuts - all that munchy stuff. --Billy

14. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Hey everyone. I'm back in town and looking forward to our get-together on Sunday. In addition to Coke and some snackies (suggestions?), I'll be bringing some viewing material: Tripping the Rift (animated SW and ST spoof, rated R), The Empire Strikes Backyard (live-action Episode 2 wannabe spoof), Episode 3.5: The Dark Redemption (serious short in between Ep 3 and 4, with Mara Jade, Boba Fett, a lost spice shipment, etc.), Star Wars Gangsta Rap, and the Triumph NY Line Conan thing. We probably won't have time to watch all of that, of course. Also, someone else is bringing the Holiday Special, right?

If we're meeting at noon, and having pizza for _dinner_, what about lunch? You know it's all about the food with me. :)

15. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Chinese?

16. Teras_Kasi_Master

Oct 16, 2003
    Chinese.....>drools<. Sounds GREAT to me.

17. Teras_Kasi_Master

Oct 16, 2003
    I have a better idea. How about we bring our lunch with us and just eat it there?

18. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thats a good idea, just pick up something qwuick and bring it along. I want to get to watching the videos. We actually might run out of time.
    And Ark, welcome back. I hope you had a fun trip. --Billy

19. Teras_Kasi_Master

Oct 16, 2003
    Hey guys! I had a lot of fun at the party. The Holiday Special was....interesting (i'll leave it at that). We should do something like that again.

Two more things:
    1. Happy b day Dana.

2. Here is a link to the Padme ceremonial dress firgure. Its not out yet but they have a coming attraction pic. http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.12982/dn/default.cfm

20. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    I had a great time as well, despite the Holiday Special viewing. ;) Thanks much to everyone who brought stuff to watch, and to Dana for hosting.

Billy, here's the Asajj Ventress Databank entry. The stuff they mention there seems to be from comics, not from the cartoon.

21. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks for the info Ark.
    Yes that party was great fun. Thanks everybody for making it so much fun.
    Okay now I know how bad the Holiday special is. That was my first viewing. The thing that amazed me was how long and drawn out the scenes were in the Wookie home. Pretty amazing.
    We saw alot of other rareties that were excellent. In fact since we didnt even get through it all, I think sometime in the long cold winter months we should do another viewing - something to discuss at the 12/28 meeting. --Billy

22. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Wampa...

Wampa...

WAMPA WAMPA WAMPA!

23. Trooper-C

Trooper-C Jedi Master star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    Hey all,
    I had a great time on Sunday and thanks to Dana for hosting(happy b-day!).Watching the Special was alot easier to take with our group commentary and the "lemonade" I brought.Does everyone still have that action figure commercial music playing in your heads?Yeah,me too.Well,until my next post,be well!Now to go crank up a Megadeth album to get rid of that muzak...

24. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    Great fun. Thanks Dana!!!

25. coold1

coold1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2003
    The holiday special was cool. "George Lucas in Love" was the highlight of the day for me. Very amusing. "Close Encounters of The Nerd Kind", please burn that Chris, although you did make up for it with "HardwareWars", that claymation movie and "George Lucas in Love". Also thanks to Ark for all that extra footage he had on his computer, i have not seen one episode of "Clone Wars" before that. Oh and I think it would be nice if Triumph the Insult Comic Dog would meet Darth Vader in the windy underbelly of a floating city. As for the holiday special, two words: never again. Next time I'll sleep through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.