main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends This one, Barabel. Chapter 2 (Tesar Sabatyne in the first person - post Destiny's Way)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FattyBoBatty, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FattyBoBatty

FattyBoBatty Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2004
    Hear is a link too the first chapter.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14807673&start=14857902

and here is the beginning of the second chapter...

Characters.

-The Jedi-
    Tesar Sabatyne
    Izal Waz
    Waxarn Kel

-Civilians-
    Coskloa
    Dopler Khan

This one wished he had known how crippling salt withdraw was for an addicted Arcona when he chopped away Izal Waz' supply. This one also wished he could some how tend to his friend and watch for Vong at the same time. This one always seemed to be wishing the impossible.

Izal Waz had turned a sickly green and went into a strange agonizing sleep no more then an hour ago. This one tore off some of the tarp that was covering the YVH driods and dipped int in the equally green water, once this one felt it was wet enough -This one pulled it up watching the green water leak back into the canal.

"Maybe I should tend to the Arcona." Coskloa was saying, This one saw the point, don't think that he didn't, This one knew it was much better to have a Jedi on sentry duty then a civilian Ithorian, but this one had cut away the salt, this one would carry this burden on his own shoulders, because this one was souly responisble.
    A yellow liquid escaped from Izal lips and he began to speak in his native tounge, Coskloa leaned in closer.

"What is he saying?" this one asked.

"That he misses his mother very much."

"It doesn't matter what he's saying, shut him up before he gives away our postion, all we need is some half-retarded vomiting Arcona to bring the vong down on us -" Waxarn Kel bit off what other insults he was about to let fly as a razor bug caught him in the arm and he replaced the insults with swears this one had only ever heard in racy holodramas.

"Vong!" said Coskloa looking wide eyed into the hills that hugged the canal.

"Ya think?" snapped Waxarn, retrieving his blaster and firing like a mad man toward the vong's postion.

"W-w-hats - happ...en-nig?" asked Izal to this one. This one had no time to explain to the salt addicted Arcona.

"This one will distract them."

"Ten Vong, Tesar, I know you Barabel have this whole hunt thing, but you have to face reality and realize theirs just some fights you can't win - I'll just max the engines, and will loose em' that way."

"Why?"

"Why what?" Waxarn was already beginning to rev the engines.

"Why run, when they'll only call more vong on us - they know theses ones are in the canal, they must be destroyed before they can send word."

"Tesars right." nodded Coskloa behind me.

"Fine, you deal with the threat, I'll keep moving for the resistance."

"This one ask that you keep Izal from being hurt-"

"Move!" and with that Waxarn Kel hit this one from the water speeder, and into the hills that we're covered with a vong search party. The bulk of the Ithorian made a spectacle shadow behind this one as they advanced up the hill. This one met the first of the Vong head on, a simple swipe, that decapitated the world destroyer.

Coskloa was braver then this one had imagined, he used his massive head to knock into the chest of one of the well armored vong, and then fired at point blank range, taking out the vong's eyes, and then as he pulled out a knife, and lifted it into the sun this one heard the most terrified scream he ever heard. Coskloa had begun to cut out his heart.

This one saw two of the vong moving to tear the mad Ithorian off their comrade, but this one intercepted them, catching one with a blaster shot too the arm pit, and the other cut in-half by the fury of this one's lightsaber.

These weren't well-armored vong, for a moment this one thought they we're Shamed Ones and he was again making a terrible mistake, but Shamed Ones would not fight a Jedi. Coskloa finished cutting out the heart, and shot furiously at the head of what seemed to be the leader, his scars numbered more then this one had ever seen on any search party commander, so this one was suprised to see him fall too a furious but yet untrained Ithorian. This one

2. FattyBoBatty

Jan 4, 2004
    This one and Coskloa were making their way back to the canal and their Jedi friends, when the ground cracked underneath them. The Ithorian rolled to one side why this one went to the other.

A group of three Nikitos, each one looking more starved then the next were on top of us in seconds. The largest of the three famined creatures leaped onto my back, biting hard into this one's next. Two others we're on Coskloa and this one could here his bones begin to crack as the Nikitos savagley tore him apart.

"What are you doing!" this one shouted, catching his lightsaber up in the force and slicing the arm of the Nikito down into the cracked earth. The horrid orange creature leaped back with a squeal and dissapeared with his limb into the ground. This one turned to cut the monsters away from the broken Ithorian, when they followed the armless leader into the abyss. Coskloa was making a show of a broken arm, and cradling himself as he wept silent tears over being beaten not by vong but by a pair of hungered Nikitos.

"W-what were they!"

"This one believes they we're just your everyday Nikitos."

"Let's get back to the canal." winched the Ithoiran, this one nodded and picking up the pace Barabel and Ithorian leaped back down onto the water speeder, where neither Arcona nore human were found.

This one took a quick survey of the surrounding area, no threat - and no bodies, which means there was no battle. This one nodded to himself feeling assured that his Jedi friends were not dead.

"Look!" said Coskloa to this one, this one got down on his haunches to examine the strange, footprints that we're tracked all over the floor of the speeder. "Are they vong?" this one shook his head.

"Not vong, starved savage."

"Those Nikitos back there?"

"This one believes so, but double the number, which could easily take over a salt addict in withdrawl and a Jedi so keen on delivering YVH driods his senses weren't laying elsewhere... This one believes the best of course of action would be." A pause. This one had to think, what would be the best course of action, what would be the least damning course any how, this one snickered for a moment at the idea of a hunt going this horribly wrong. A hunt for a group of friendlies where the enemy was a spineless slug. This one sighed, knowing the best course of action. "This one will go after Waxarn Kel and Izal Waz... and you will continue down river to the resistance."

"With a broken arm, and no Jedi!" this one felt the fear sweating off the Ithorian's brow.

"Yes. You said you wanted to help the Jedi, this one believes this is the perfect way to do just that." This one nodded one final time checking all things with himself before leaping away from Coskloa the brave Ithorian and down into the abyss where his friends were being dragged unconscience, this one felt through the force, by a group of dying creatures who had been forced underground.

3. FattyBoBatty

Jan 4, 2004
    This one sighed heavily at the sight that was before him when he cushioned his fall with the force and found himself in another tunnel - At his feet was the armless Nikito he was crawling away, crying for all his sins and apologzing to this one for attacking him, and being a cannibal... cannibal? what had the vong done to the citizens of Nal Hutta to make them cannibals?

"I- I only eat those that are already dead!" he shouted, fleeing faster from this ones glowing blade. "A Bothan or two - but they we're dead the vong killed them! I had to eat! I had to eat!"

"And this one's friends - the human and Arcona, your going to eat them too?"

"I don't know anything about this - my arm, oh gods, my arm - please your a Jedi aren't you?"

"This one is."

"Please help me, please help me before I bleed to death!" This one was disgusted by the wounded animal.

"This one is looking for his friends, you take me too where you cannibals take your dinner, and this one will keep you from bleeding to death."

"Yes! Anything, please! I'm so hungry..." this one tossed the Nikito a ration bar, and it dissapeared in seconds, this one then tore off his Jedi robe and used it to clot the Nikito's bleeding arm. Once the Nikito was bandaged and fed, he began to limp with some assurance forward into the dark caves, that this one felt like the prey in. It is a frightening thing for this one to feel like prey, it is not in Barabels nature - but then again, the Barabels were gone - it was now this one's nature, and this one's nature alone that determined the nature of a dying race who would try to adapt despertly in these trying times.

"Follow me! Follow me!" the Nikito was shouting, this one came out of his daze and hurried along after the wounded savage.

This one was amazed by the cannibal's place of bussiness, it was filled with weapons stolen from the vong and other citizens. It was a place of beauty in the midst of a distarious people.

"This one compliments you on your ability to deprive the vong of weapons."

"They don't care how much we steal, they just grow new fodder everytime we get away with some - thats the problem with the vong's biotech, you can steal and steal and they never run out. It's like nerfmilk..." this one noticed the Nikito licking his lips in anticipation of the liquid that would never come.

"This one does not aprove of some of your other activies, however."

"We only eat the weak." the Nikito tried to assure this one. "The vong have done this too us, they have made us live in a savage society, pushing us further and further underground until we become nothing but dirt under there feet they can kick up and depoise of at anytime, the only people that have dodged this sort of livin are the Hutts, and that because their too fat too survive like this, and too greedy to loose there lands."

"Why don't you join up with the resistance?"

"The resistance!" came a voice from behind This one, he turned slowly, a feel that his lightsaber was still on his belt and that the armless Nikito hadn't stolen it. "The resistance doesn't except our kind, its all Hutts and Rodians, an Aqaulish or two. The more repectable creatures of the gaxaly form the resistance, why we have to eat our weak friends and be reduced to thieves." This one identified the speaker as a Ryn. "My name is Dopler Khan, I am the leader here."

"This one is Tesar Sabatyne."

"Sabatyne... your mother is a Jedi?"

"So is this one."

"The Jedi have been good to the Ryn, but down here my race doesn't matter - down here its a web of races forming one family."

"A family you eat when the indiviual members become plump enough?" this one hissed.

"It is impossible to steal food from the vong, and the bioforming they have done on Nal Hutta, has made all plants posionous, only the Hutts have food. We are forced into this savage like exsistance."

"No one in the gaxaly is forced to do anything, everyone has choices"

"Spoken like a true Jedi," sighed the Ryn. "I don't want you too think we were

4. FattyBoBatty

Jan 4, 2004
    This one came out of darkness with a powerful hizz, his reactions to the amphistaff bites making him thrash and attack the nearest object, which happened to be the bulk of a rather fat modified assasian driod.

"Please remain seated." it snapped, this one couldn't risk being shot with Coskloa out alone on a darkening canal, and not sure of his own positon.

"Where am I?"

"On a bulk freighter headin toward Yuzhann Vong command," explained the charasmatic Ryn who had been talking too this one moments before the darkness. "I've giving you an andiote for the amphistaff posion, so you'll live another day Jedi."

"This one finds it difficult to thank you."

"As you should, hes treacherous slime!" this one acknowledged the presence of a still shackled Waxarn Kel, and for the first time feeling a sickening despair at where Izal Waz might be.

"Where is Izal?"

"They took him some place else when we were captured. He's not dead though, I can feel him through the force - although its faint."

"Yess... this one can feel him too."

"I doubt he'll be alive much longer in his state, surrounded by a couple dozen cannibals." the Ryn let out a hearty chuckle that made both us Jedi turn to him.

"We aren't really cannibals, we were using that too gain your sympathy and maybe your trust... the Jedi are always so willing to help those in need, or so I heard - from your display back in the caves I'm now second guessing myself on those assesments."

"Your just run of the mill Peace Brigade, then?" this one asked

"Yes, I'm sorry, about the deception but it comes with the job detail. If it makes you feel any better some of us really haven't eaten in a few days - we're still below the vong when it comes to feeding."

"And those weapons, they weren't stolen they we're given." Waxarn barked.

"Yes, you Jedi really do live up too your praise - I'm sorry that'll all be shattered soon, but I'm a creature of survival, and if selling the hydes of a few Jedi will gain me one more day then I'm content with it."

"What about Izal?" this one asked.

"We did not tell the Vong about the Arcona, we believe sense he is weak he will be more easily turned to the cause of a few starving cannibals."

"Your going to use him to protect you?" Waxarn sighed.

"And as bait - you Jedi have a knack for sensing eachother, if anymore Jedi come through here they'll investagte into that sense and fall into our traps, will proceed to sell them to the Vong, and continue to survive."

"Some day I hope your dreams are shattered." sneered Waxarn Kel, the Ryn nodded as the assaian driod prodded us from the bulk frigher and into the ground of the Vong's command.

"Till that day, Waxarn Kel - Tesar Sabtyne, Till that day." the friegher's door closed and that was the last this one hoped he ever saw of Dopler Khan and his devious ways.

5. FattyBoBatty

Jan 4, 2004
    This one walked strong as he often did when about to face a great confrontation, Waxarn Kel now free of the Ysalmari was trying to unhook his bindings, but this one knew even if his Jedi compainon suceeded, it would be no use in a room full of Vong elite. This one shuddered thinking of how scared and hideous these creatures would be.

"Jeeeadi." we had come to the end of a long hallway where a strange taunt Vong stood, his grand amphistaff was the largest one this one had ever seen, and his cape was colored that of a supreme commander. "I am Nas Choka... and I thank you for arriving on this day of sacrafice." This one let out a Barbael war cry to frighten the advancing Vong. "You will remain where you stand till day brake, when a proper sacrafice can be made." the Supreme Commander turned away from Waxarn Kel and this one and made his way out a strange membrane.

"Stand here - watch me..." began Waxarn Kel before blorish jelly pinned his feet to the ground.

"This one is watching," Waxarn Kel offered a chuckle at this one's joke.

"I think I might be beginning to understand that Barabel humour."

"This one doubts it your probably just going insane knowing that you'll be stuck here for a standard day just to await death in the morning." Waxarn Kel turned a sickly green his offensive additude fading and despair sinking in. "That was just another Barabel joke, one in turn that you didn't get..."

"If that was a joke, I hope I never understand it."

"There may be a chance we survive this." this one hizzed .

"Hows that?"

"One member of our party has not been captured, and he has a water speeder filled with YVH driods."

"The Ithorian...we'd be lucky if he didn't get picked off ten seconds after you left him, I doubt he'll turn around and save us and I doubt he'll get the driods to the resistance. Therefore he fails us and we fail the mission, its been a hell of a day."

"This one is not so quick to loose hope."

"If only that Ryn hadn't taken our lightsabers we could cut free of this fodder."

"This one would ask that you do not wish the impossible and start coming up with logical ways of escape."

"We're stuck too the floor, with at least ten vong at every exit."

"Good thing we have all night to think, this one thinks it'll be most difficult finding a way out." Waxarn Kel sighed, and this one was happy to know he had lost his people, but not their determatation, he called now on the spirits he had released to guide him in this time of treachery. This one explored all parts of the room in which he was being enslaved, thought of all exits and felt each being - trying to find something, that he could feel in the force - when suddenly it called out to him like a beacon. A fat peace bridgader had just arrived bringing a sacrafice for the morning. The great doors opened and this one sighed when he saw Coskloa, beaten and spitting blood fall to the floor.

"You bring prisoner!" barked one of the vong.

"Yeah found him down river..."

"Did you sink his speeder?"

"Yeah, we cleaned the river of the old relic this one was calllin a speeder any how."

"Good." and with that the vong pushed the Bridgader back out the door and kicked Coskloa into the blorish jelly which glady clung to his weak hands.

"So much for the Ithorian rescuing us." sighed Waxarn Kel.

"Ssso much," this one snickered.

"What's so f-unny?" coughed Coskloa.

"The wrecthed state you in." countered Waxarn Kel with no heart entering the words - the Ithorian tried to roll over, but he had been captured in a most uncomfortable posistion.

"I'm a civilian - your the protectors of the gaxaly, how is it that I managed to stay out of Vong custody longer then you?" sneered Coskloa, this one was greatful the blorish jelly was there to keep the two from tearing eachother apart. The vong who had kicked Coskloa into the jelly now turned and took his leave, knowing we had no way of escaping. This one waited a few minutes after the strange door had swallowed the vong and then with the force mov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.