This part of the year is the worst for sports IMO

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Armenian_Jedi, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    From the moment the superbowl ends to the moment March Madness starts there's absolutely nothing going on.

Football's done. Basketball is at the point where we're just waiting for the playoffs to start. I'm waiting(and not very patiently) for March Madness and Baseball to get going...

gah.

February blows.

Discuss.
  2. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    Well College Basketball is in the heart of the conference season and teams are playing for seeding and for tournamnet births.
  3. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Seriously? I think right now is awesome- the Western Conference fighting for play offs spots is awesome.
  4. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    yeah but... college basketball isn't really interesting until march madness...
  5. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    Well it is if your team msut keep winning to get into March Madness (Clemson)
  6. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Thats the difference between casual fans of college basketball and diehard fans of the same (I'm definitely in the latter, and wishing I had more time to watch games)
  7. Onoto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm with A_J on this one. I can't stand college hoops and while I like the NBA pretty well, I just want the playoffs to start already. As a baseball fan first, a football fan second, and a basketball fan a distant third, this month is sports hell.
  8. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    For all the people in this country who are always drunk on the college sports Kool Aid, of course February "stinks" in the sports world. :p
  9. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Well, big trades happen.
  10. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
  11. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
    June through August is always the worst for me. Hockey's just ended and the NFL season doesn't start until September. And no, I don't count preseason. :p

At least those are summer months, so it's much easier to occupy my time, like...doing stuff. Say, maybe even going to a baseball game. :eek:
  12. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    At least the NBA trade deadline was exciting this year.

But, yeah, I can't wait for the tourney to start
  13. Onoto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Once the NCAA womens college field hocky championship is over so is my sports watching.

Wait I have never seen womens college field hocky on TV.

Sorry about that.
  15. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    From my, entirely correct, point of view, February is a good month because Everton are really very good right now.

When football (my football) is over for the summer I really don't mind as I like the break. Makes the uptake much more gratifying come August.
  16. JMJacenSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm still trying to figure out why I should care about regular season college basketball games, but I think July is actually the worst sports month. At least we have NBA regular season right now, and the playoff picture starts to take shape, as well as (this year, at least) blockbuster trades.
  17. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    July is the worst. Dogdays od summer for baseball and nothing else at all.
  18. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I agree...summer is a bad time to be a sports fan. I'm still rooting for the Pirates, even though I know they'll be terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost close to 100 games this year...again. [face_plain] But February is exciting, with hockey and college hoops going on. Especially hockey. :cool:
  19. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Yeah but this year there will be the Olympics! :)
  20. DarkPrince Jedi Master

star 4
    Hockey should be the most important sport around here this time of year. Trade deadline just passing over, teams fighting for playoff spots. Points are so close in the standings its just so freakin exciting! This is a great time of the year for hockey fans! [face_devil]
  21. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh, yeah. I forgot that the Olympics were this year.:oops: But still, they don't start until, what, August? Late June and July are going to be thin pickings for me.
  22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
  23. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I agree with the first post.
    February sucks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.