main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"This Place Can Get a Little Rough..." Obi-Wan/Tales of... JOINT EFFORT PLANNING THREAD!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by excalibur2358, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    "Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy..."

That classic Obi-Wan line always intrigued me. It implies he's seen a lot of it. Up until now, the prequels have mentioned Mos Espa, but not Mos Eisley. But I have an idea.

The story, or rather, collection of stories, will take place just after Obi-Wan drops off Luke at the Lars homestead. My thoughts are he is probably mentally drained and probably in need of losing his thoughts for a while. His friends are dead, the world he knew is gone... plus he needs to figure out what he's going to do with his life now.

So what if Obi-Wan ends up in our favorite cantina? And what if we catch up with some of those Prequel characters and see how their life went after Anakin's fall?

This would be kind of like a "Tales of Mos Eisley: Episode -1" so most of this stuff will be our interpretation. I'd like to see who's interested in writing original stories of Phantom Menace characters and Attack of the Clones (if you've read the spoiler reports).

Okay, this little bunny has been chasing me for a while now,and frankly I don't have the time right now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up on it.

However, I will need some help on this. Call it a joint effort and planning thread.For right now, who would like to help out on this one?

excal

2. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    :D Me.

EDIT: stupid emoticons...

3. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    I think we talked about this earlier Arna, if memory serves me right (I don't know, all those times slamming my head on my desk has gotten the best of me ;)

Hey, they say drugs and beer give you brain damage, but no one puts a warning label on desks saying repeated beatings cause brain damage!!!

Anyway, Arna, you are definitely in!:)

4. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    I wanna do this too!

5. ArnaKyle

Nov 12, 2000
    We might have, excal, but I share the "head meets desk" syndrome also...

Anyway, sounds great, I'm looking forward to collaborating with you on a story...always seemed like a fun thing to do. Well, I'll check back in with you tomorrow...time to go bang my head against the pillow. ;)

6. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Alderaan-welcome aboard! Tell anyone else who might be interested in joining to stop on by too!

Arna- Desk meets head syndrome is a tragic human condition, it really is. Pillows aren't so bad though, unless you have a pillow on top of a desk, because then it hurts again, lol.

I'll try to post a general idea of the story's flow, what characters that should be focused on, etc.

Later! excal

7. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Anyone else? I'm hurt! :(

8. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Sounds interesting! I'd like to help.

9. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I'd like to help too. The plot bunnies are already stampeding toward me... :D

10. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    are we all doing tales of Obi-Wan, or are we all choosing a different character from TPM?

11. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Jacinta- I was hoping you'd stop by, I've heard some great comments about your writings, so welcome aboard! :)

Sari- Wahoo! Glad to see you're still here.

Alderaan- I'll explain more later, but it won't be just Obi-Wan, more like we each choose one character to focus on. Like Tales of Mos Eisley, but we'll have interludes between stories with Obi-Wan's perspective. More later! excal

12. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Great comments? Um...okay. Thanks! Glad to be here, though I hope I can live up to your expectations....Anyway, can't wait to start.

13. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Temporary uppers til I get more time! excal

14. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Okay, so far, here are the people willing to latch on to write:

Excal
    princess-sari
    Jacinta Kenobi
    Alderaan
    Arna Kyle

Here is a tentative list of characters I'd like us to bump into during our story:

-Obi-Wan(The center of the story-all else is basedaround him)
    -Owen/Beru Lars
    -Kitster
    -Wald
    -The old lady in the market place (I can't remember her name, it starts with a J I think)
    -perhaps a run down Panaka?
    -A Handmaiden (paging Sari....)
    -Anakin's younger friends (Aimee is one I think, as well as Kitster and Wald, who were already mentioned)
    -Selbulba?
    -Watto?
    -The old spacer mentioned in Episode 1 Novelization
    -Perhaps a spectator from the original podrace?
    -The 2x headed announcer...er, announcers....you get the idea
    -Maybe one of the other podracers

Plus we can always add more characters to the list as well.

I'll add a script outline tomorrow hopefully.

Any new writers that are interested? The more the merrier! excal

15. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Ah, yes, the handmaidens...or do I have to pick just one, excal? :p
    Oh, and the old lady from the marketplace is Jira, I believe.

Sounding great so far!! :)

16. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Can I join?

17. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Princess 1- Of course! :) Greetings and welcome! It will take a while to get this sucker off the ground, but it will happen! :)

Sari- JIRA! That's it! Thanks! That's been bugging me all through class. Did you get my PM?

More later people! excal

18. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Can i Join?
    the old women's name is Jira. :)

19. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Jacen200015- Sure! I don't have a limit as to who can join and who's not allowed. My only rules to everyone are no smut, no major cursing and no incredibly bad writing...;)

Oh, and no copying off of The Flanneled One's ideas. Last thing I need is lawsuit filed by a multibillionaire. I can't even afford a car! ;)

excal

20. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hey, I have a idea! What about Arra Sing? She was watching the pod race, would she fit in the story at all?

21. ArnaKyle

Nov 12, 2000
    Arna reporting in again for duty... ;)

Everything sounds great, can't wait to start! :)

22. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Princess- Sure! We could do an Aurra Sing story. The only thing we have to be careful with is whether or not The Flanneled One kills her off or not. But why not!

Arna- I have a PM for you one of these days, once Darth Real Life gets his damned hands off of me.

excal

23. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'd love to help, if I may! Pretty pleaaaaaase4? :p

This is a good idea, and should be interesting....more interesting than those awful Tales books. Because it'll actually go into stuff people care about reading. :p

24. Jedisam

Jedisam Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2002
    I might be a little bit late but am willing to put forth a ton of effort in this story, if it's to late than fine, but if I can do anything at all please, please include me in this.
    Just give me an assignment.
    Thanks

25. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I have an idea, what if----wait...I might be able to turn that into a full story on my own. ;)

EDIT: Aww...shucks, I'd feel bad using that. What if we/you ran with this idea, but put it around the time that the Empire would be taking over Tatooine? When they're first arriving? That would give us/you a plausible back-plot for all the characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.