main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC This place is still here?!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Maulfly , Jan 7, 2018.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi I’m the new boss. Everyone respects me a lot.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Well you haven't sexually harassed anybody via PMs like another former Head Admin...

Maulfly likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Speak for yourself Juliet. I'm constantly being flirted with by JTS.

Maulfly , Alpha-Red and Darth Punk like this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Man... I actually forgot that he got kicked out of Australia. That bit was overshadowed by his lesbian roommate that conned him out of $14,000. Yeah, you can't make this **** up.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/am-i-too-nice-or-just-plain-stupid.50007810/

Maulfly and Juliet316 like this.
  5. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Lawd! I remember him from before I dipped out for almost ten years and came back. What could he have done to have gotten permabanned [face_thinking]

Maulfly likes this.
  6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I remember posting this but this time I’m actually very curious. Wtf is a beezel in real life?

You guys really have to extrapolate on this.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I can't help myself they should know better grrrr

Maulfly and Darth Punk like this.
  8. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I can't shame you for posting a quitbie thread because I like you but I also can't be like "omg how are you!!" because I'm up to date with your life through you & your husband's Facebooks so ... Hi, welcome back! I guess.

Maulfly likes this.
  9. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Ooo... Multiquote functionality! It's like renting a new car when you have a old one and discovering modern cars can turn off their own headlights!
    Hey there.

Hey Addie! Well, you didn't expect me to leave him sitting around at home, did you? :p

Greetings new boss! They respect you, but the question I have is...do they make you clean out the port-o-potties?

Oh...now THAT brings back memories. One of those things that makes Communications exciting.

And I agree with you Vivec. Again I apologize for that. Currently I blame lack of sleep and spending way too much time clearing out spam from an old email account for the drop in mental processing power.

OMG, stalker!!!1!!1!!!

10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    So do you get expenses for turning up ? Like the House of Lords .

Maulfly and Ender Sai like this.
  11. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Sadly no. You have to be at minimum an active Admin to file for expense reimbursement. Even then, I think the going rate is peanuts. Used to be hazelnuts, but those became too posh for the likes of us.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the saddest thing about these threads is that people always think they're going to get to yell at a bunch of kids about the old days, and then at some point they realize it's like 90% the same people who were here when they left. it's just demoralizing for everyone involved.

13. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Ew...bad enough there's constantly new people at work. Why would I want to spend my off time yelling at virtual (real and not so real) kids about days past?

That's like getting bent out of shape when you realize there are adults now who don't know how to use a rotary phone. Embrace the new until you need a nap, grumble as needed to get through the day, and go with the flow otherwise.

Juliet316 and tom like this.
  14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i pretty much always need a nap.

15. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    You must do a lot of embracing.

Have you tried going grumbly, or is it just an automatic reset to nap no matter what you do?

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    they still for some reason frown on taking naps at work, so there is definitely a lot grumbling on weekdays between 8 and 5.

Maulfly likes this.
  17. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Where you work, too, huh? Under the desk looks so inviting and dark...but for the fact who knows when they last actually vacuumed under there...

tom likes this.
  18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The move is to go to the toilets. Put the lid down, and straddle it back to front. This way you can rest your head on the cistern. You can get in a good 15 mins snooze before they send out a search party

19. Maulfly

Oct 23, 2001
    Sadly the toilets at work have no lid and no full fledged cistern. They're the lid-less style with the exposed pipes and leaky dangle thing you never want to touch with your own hands to flush sort. That said, the bathroom otherwise is a good place to hide for easily 15 minutes.

Darth Punk likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Punk's trick is golden, but there's one better - if you wear glasses, leave a spare pair on your desk.

Even if you don't wear glasses, buy frames with glass in them and leave them there. The assumption your colleagues would make is "oh well, they're coming back, their glasses are here!" so you could be gone for weeks before they noticed.

21. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    He's like, a stable genius too.

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If you have a broken down car, tow it to work and leave it in the staff car park, you'll look like the first one there and the last to leave every day. Plus it frees up a car park in your own garage / driveway. Pays to move it to a different spot and brush off the cobwebs every once in a while too to defer suspicion.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    look, i'm all for getting out of work but i don't want it to be too much work.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    A pair of glasses is your answer then!

Maulfly likes this.
  25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i dunno, my coworkers know me too well. i feel like i'd have to really commit to this "i wear glasses now" narrative before i could use that move.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Maulfly and JoinTheSchwarz like this.