main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark This place needs a random hang-out thread!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Is it just because every thread in this section is all business that it is a little quiet in here? Maybe this will serve the purpose, or maybe we need to start threads on several different topics: Toys, Costumes, Books, Games...

Personally I am a fan of all of the above. We were just talking over at the SMT boards about the relative merits of the Clone Wars books. Someone was complaining that they don't hold a candle to previous EU series. I disagree. For instance, I think that Shatterpoint is one of the best SW books out there. I love Matthew Stover as Traitor is another favorite of mine.

So, post away. The topic of this thread is there is no topic. If a particular discussion takes on a life of its own, we can start another thread for that.

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    You could always start a "Toy" thread for the collectors. My old FanForce still uses the one they started nearly 2 years ago.

Here is an example of what I mean above.

We also started a "DVD of the Week" thread to keep everyone posted on new DVDs arriving that week. Neat stuff here.

Again, these are just examples and not a request to start those here, but I thoroughly check those threads daily. ;)

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So what, no-one wants to "randomly hang out?"

I am eating taco bell while I surf, playing my usual "avoidance conflict" game with the work I have to do before the end of the semster. Tonight I am planning on building some saw horses and a walk board for some human scale objects I want to display for critique on Tuesday.

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, I'll pass along my random thoughts as well! :D

I am contemplating buying an XBox for Christmas. I played the shine off my Halo CD for the PC version. I hear the XBox version of Halo 2 is supposed to something else, so that is in the planning stage for the "Black Friday" shopping spree. [face_laugh]

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I haven't played Halo 2, but Battlefront makes me want to get an X-Box. That game is sooooo cool.

I hope my brother gets it for Christmas, so I can play the "shine" out of it before I come home again.

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, I saw Battlefront playing on an XBox at a CompUSA store about a month ago I believe. I couldn't believe how awesome it was. My wife had to haul me off kickin' and screamin'. [face_laugh]

Needless to say, I wanted an XBox AND that game. [face_laugh]

7. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    I'll ranndomly hang out with you guys

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I'll randomly welcome you sithsarbad.

I went to bed early last night, but got up much earlier than usual today and I feel funny--practically have the shakes.

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Battlefront...hmmm hehehe it would have entrapped me as well! I so can't wait for KOTOR II myself :D

10. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I'm getting KOTOR II for Christmas, I can't wait.

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    KOTOR was one of the best games I've ever owned. Without a doubt, KOTOR 2 will be mine. ;)

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I am going to have to have someone show me around that game some time. I rented it once to play with my brother, but I hadn't ever played anything like it before, and we couldn't get into it. It looks really cool, though.

13. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    You need a good 2-3 days of just toying with it. It took me nearly 3-4 weeks to finish. Awesome game if you like a little RPG thrown in the mix. I'm just glad it isn't turn-based. Can't get into those.

14. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Yeah it's not one of those games you that are good rentals, you have to have a lot of time to toy around with it.

I started two charecters and then I once I figured out what the heck I was doing I deleted them and started over.

15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Happy Turkey Day! I hope everyone has lots of good food, family, friends and fun!

I'm not for calling this "prelude to genocide day." I don't want to detract from your Thanksgiving celebration, but I do suggest we all observe a moment of silence for all the sacrifices that have been made to give us the things that we are thankful for.

...and while I am at it, I will pray for the Indians, the victims of war, our troops, and for the end of war and suffering.

16. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Woo Hoo JACOB three cheers for JACOB. JACOB!, JACOB!!, JACOB!!! way to go man. But its true everyone forgets what the day is all about. If nothing else at least be thankfull for being with your families today.
    Oh yeah and by the way everyone save room for FAZOLI'S tommorow.

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Dude, I am still full. I am going to have to have a salad at Fazoli's or somethin'. LOL

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Snrk* I was wondering there for a bit ;) you did eat a terrible amount of breadsticks... but weren't they good?? :D hehehehe

19. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Do the powers that be have the power to merge the two "randomly social threads?"

20. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Unfortunately not. But I can tell you this. Once we move from IGN to our new home with vBulletin, we can then merge these bad boys. ;)

21. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Here is the other thread that I think we can leave to Star Wars related topics only. Thought I'd pull it to the front so everyone can find it.

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Mondays are always harder after a great weekend.

23. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
  24. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Dodge... Glad to hear that your weekend was good. Perhaps Tuesday will be better for you.
    Me, I'm waiting for them to come and remove the tubes I got to come home with yesterday.
    Later
    Bacon[face_pig]
    Mondays were created by the Sith...They are evil.

25. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah i feel like garfield about mondays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.