main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This Puppet Is Nothing Like Yoda

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
  2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    If this is that clip of Triumph the Insult Dog messing with a bunch of SW fans in line for TPM...that bit was hilarious!

"So which button do you push to call your mommy to pick you up?" :D

3. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I saw that at the Cincy Halloween party. It was so funny.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The guys over in the MEPA from New York City are some of the people who made it into this clip. After being removed from the NBC video archive, it somehow manages to surface every once and a while (I wonder how... how indeed [face_mischief]). They are good sports about it and seem to somewhat enjoy their 15 minutes of fame.

5. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    They are good sports about it and seem to somewhat enjoy their 15 minutes of fame.

I swear this video is gonna be played forever.... It was made during the corse of 2 weekends in May 2003 on the NYline for AOTC. Most of us over in MEPA were in it... Myself (as the girl who can get any guy she wants) Ladysith, Princesssith, DarthZippy, Tk-1217, StarfromIHJ, Cyranodb, Mysterysith, Jarjarmark, Obiwill, and many many others.

Ive been reconginized pretty much at any convention i go to.... cross county, in other countries like Austrilia.... you name it.

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm lucky. I'm only in the background. I was never interviewed. And I was only recognized once.

The sketch is hysterical, but sometimes I wonder when its popularity is going to die down.

I still love the sketch though!

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Jedi_Samantha, you guys were good sports...to be the target of some classic ripping on us "Star Wars geeks." I figure if we can't laugh a little at ourselves, and our love of SW...then we're taking it too seriously.

If it makes you feel better, after checking your picture...I thought we'd met at Celebration II (ROTJ Rebel mission briefing Leia?) but I don't think so. Aw well, there's always Celebration III!

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    *from the signature of StarFromIHJ*
    37 days until the wedding!!! ... oh yeah, and that ROTK movie too.

Is your wedding reception going to be at your local movie theatre?

9. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    No. I'm not even engaged, technically! ;)

Its an inside joke that is probably really only funny if you were there. When a friend of mine (now boyfriend) came into a chatroom one night that I visit frequently I said "I'm getting married too! To Shawn!". Which was a simple joke escalated all the way up to me looking for dresses, "setting a date," sending out e-invites, signing up for a registry of all silly stuff (e.g., MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Monkey, Pirate Elf,
    Elvish to English Dictionary, etc.), and all other sorts of wedding planning stuff. And he lives far away from me, at the time the first time he thought he'd be visiting New York was in December to attend a screening of ROTK with mutual friends. So while he was up here we thought we might as well "hold" the ceremony while he was up. Did I mention that would have also been the first day I met him in person?

Anyway, that inside joke led to us to begin dating in real life. And I have met him in real life already. In fact he's coming up this weekend.

10. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I have never been recognized. Not sure if that is a bad thing.

I like like one of those background cantina aliens.

I think I was "too normal looking" for Triumph.

11. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Nope i wasnt at celebration 2... C2 happened on my 19th b-day so i didnt go. Plus i had college finals that following week.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Plus i had college finals that following week.
    I remember how that goes...

Do I go to Star Wars Celebration (Denver)...or do I graduate from college? Hmmmmm? Tough decision ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.