main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX this should probably be posted somewhere else

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Ripster, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I recently broke one of my toes. It hurt, a lot. I felt like curling up and letting some one baby me. Finding no one to baby me I simply curled up and read the book Black Hawk Down about the war in Somalia.(yes, there is a point and it does relate to SW.) I began to feel bad because this soldiers were getting shot with a gun and having leg or arm bones broken or in a few cases, fingers blown off, but they kept fighting and running. They couldn't curl up if they wanted to. Any how, this line of thinking eventually came back to Star Wars (as everything eventually does). I began thinking about the advantages Jedi have over other SW beings. When the Non-Jedi are hurt, they can't go into a nice meditative state and heal their bodies at an accelerated rate. Does this then give the Jedi a skewed view of combat? I would think that it would cause a very large difference in the two groups opinions of battle. I guess it could be an element of why the jedi philosophey is so different from Non-Jedi. Also, perhaps since it is possibly much harder to kill a jedi, the jedi have a slightly out of focus (maybe even distorted) sense of their mortality. Since the Non-Jedi don't have this to the extent the Jedi may, could that be some of their reluctance to enter into combat with Yuuzan Vong forces???
    (I had another point but I forgot it)

I Really need to read Star by Star to find out what happens next and if it is at all close to what I imagine.

(it just occured to me that I don't know if y'all are even interested in the novels)

2. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    So....does Ewan have a small role in Black Hawk Down?? Does he get killed?..just curious, been wanting to see it, sometimes he ends up dying or something in his movies...he's my favorite actor, not just cuz he plays the young Obi-Wan, but because he simply is a better actor than most others in his generation. (especially ben afleck) he sucks...hehehe anyway...let me know, and as far as your opinion on jedi having a different view on life than non jedi, well yeah, thats why they seem a bit stuck up, when they speak...not that its a bad thing, i know i would take advantage of it if i was a jedi...another thing.....maybe thats why Obi-Wan ends up a "General" later, i guess in episode III, you know non jedi probably elect him general or something...i have no knowledge of things right now, i'm just typing anything.......

Anna

3. Ripster

Ripster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    Actually, I haven't seen the movie. I've just read the book. I just saw it at Barnes and Noble and picked it up cause I needed a book and the SW one that I wanted wasn't there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.