main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This show could actually do justice to jar-jar! (season preview spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by obi-rob-kenobi4, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    The lack of anything funny about the "comedic" character is what made me dislike him. Hence, my comment on the Robot Chicken episode early in this thread. His skit(s) was my favorite one on that special, because he was actually funny.

2. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Well what first made me start thinking about the positive things they could do with his character is the fact that he made me laugh really hard when i saw him in the preview and for the first time i was delighted to see him. So i am very interested in where they take his character in the series and how they really have the chance to save his character. I am just interested to know what other people think.[face_thinking]

3. ThePriminister

ThePriminister Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    Tht was Ahmed Best himself playng Jar Jar. He also played a few other roles including a stormtrooper who gets blown up in the AT-AT.

4. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I'm glad he's back because I loved Jar-Jar in The Phantom Menace.

Partly because he's just a funny character (always scared always falling down etc.) but also because of how he rubs the people who don't like him the wrong way.

It's like a pie in the face to these people, and it never gets old for me.

Kind of like how I never got too old to enjoy a good poop and fart joke.

5. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, I know alot of people are annoyed with his character, but I also found his zany antics funny, although they have to watch because it could have the potential of being overdone.

6. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    How do you think they will go about showing him? How do you think his character will be handled in the show?

7. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I hope they introduce him with a long drawn out poop and fart joke.

The kind that would make even me cringe just a little.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Though I'm willing to be proven wrong, I think what was funny in the preview wasn't Jar Jar but rather the exchange between 3PO and Padme about Jar Jar. We don't find Jar Jar to be funny, but rather those characters being as irritated (at least somewhat) towards him as general audiences are. The characters are basically saying to the audience: "yes, we know."

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They did that already, it's called "The Phantom Menace".

10. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Yeah, but this time nobody would be able to act like Lucas did it on accident.

I wish I could see everyone's faces when they cringe. [face_dancing]

11. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    Um? well this topic is about how they might make jar-jar a more likable character, not make people cringe at the site of him[face_hypnotized]

12. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Lucas wouldn't ruin his character like that. [face_laugh]

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They should retcon him having been a Sith.

14. DocRevan

DocRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2008
    Amen. Vergere's secret lover.

15. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    Was it ever said when his episode will air? or how much he will be involved in it?:confused:

16. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Bombad Jedi will be the best episode as of yet.

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Because of Threepio. His antics are genuinely funny. Because he tries to be so proper and gets knocked down a peg while still being the hero.

Jar Jar turns tail and runs, but goofs it up so badly he does something heroic.

18. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    The episode was written by Kevin Rubio, who also gave us Tag & Bink and TROOPS, so I think it has promise. Also, I can't find the interview right now, but I seem to recall reading that Kevin wrote it in such a way that 3PO reacts to Jar-Jar much the same way Star Wars fans have, giving a bit of a nod to the notion that the Gungan is a non-humorous pain in the neck . . . . from a certain point of view.

[face_peace]

19. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    This episode is going to suck. Suck so bad...

Damn it, whose bright idea was it to give the least Popular Star Wars character Ever, the thing that almost *killed the franchise* an episode in the new TV show? I mean seriously. Even Lucas knew how to respond by cutting down Jar Jar's role in the movies to basically cameos.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It's a one-off.

Kevin has always been a comedy writer, and he understands that Jar-Jar is one of the most hated of all SW characters.

But come on guys, having Jar-Jar get mistaken for a Jedi is a great idea. [face_thinking] :) At least it's got potential.

The biggest reason why his character is so annoying is because of his voice, IMHO. If they got a voice actor to do a slightly different version, it would go a long way to making his scenes bearable.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Kevin mentioned that in his post here

22. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Ah, thank you. :)

23. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    The WHOLE reason why they are making this episode is because everyone involved knows that jar-jar is a hated character among a good 70% of the whole fanbase so they are makeing an effort to show the character in a new (better) light in order to do him some justice so people will NOT hate him as much because he will be done RIGHT.

I am very sure they knew what a sensitive subject this is when they made this episode and i am very sure they worked hard on it to make it exactly what fans want.[face_coffee]

24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If Labyrinth of Evil was able to bring back Nute Gunray and other stuff from TPM and make them work, then I'm convinced this episode can take Jar Jar and put a good spin on him =P

25. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Well, from what I have seen, Jar-Jar looks more annoying than ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.