main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This Space for Rent (or FINALLY MOVING!!!)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by RubberDuckTape, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Okay, so not so great at subjects.

Anyway, you all asked for it, we are planning on moving Saturday and Sunday. YAY. Probably won't get to the big stuff needing a truck until Sunday, due to the fact we are STILL painting, and i want the carpets cleaned before we clutter it up with Stuff.

Anyone crazy enough to volunteer will be rewarded with food and drink, possibly homemade cookies (if i have time). Also, we will have LOTS of carpet space to take naps on, if the move is too strenuous for anyone. (very soft carpet. :D ) Mistress has volunteered to be our supervisor, and will tell everyone where to go. (um, well, nevermind)

:p

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I absolutely would have been happy to help out with this, but I've already commited to helping out with the Fan Film on Sunday.

3. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    No problem, i kinda feel weird asking people from WAAAAAY up in denver to help us move. :p

Have fun at the filming, did they find a Jay?

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I *might* be able to help. Please PM me with details.

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    let me ask my parents. i think my mom friend might actually move that weekend (its been put off so many tiems i dont even know any more.) i should be able to help for a while any way this weekend. cna you PM a number that i will be able to get a hold of you at durign the move?

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Sorry, until I can function again, I'm off the RMFF Moving Company roster :(

7. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I have relatives in town, or I would have taken the Yoda truck on down.....sorry!

8. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    It looks like i will be takeing tomorrow off to finish painting, cleaning the carpet, and general FUN stuff. :D

As soon as i rent the truck, it will be official for sunday.

Thanks tho' to everyone who would help if they could, but they can't, but they might feel bad, but they shouldn't.

coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee. I need more.

(BTW, this event will be occuring in P-town, or as we refer to it, the black hole of the universe. You can never escape the event horizon, no matter how hard you try.)

9. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I belive that my moms friend putoff her move again(not a 100 % on that), so if i can ill help.

10. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    We got nearly all of the small stuff moved -- just need to get the big things, really. We're renting a truck on Sunday, and will be able to get all the big stuff. My only concern is moving our 55 gallon saltwater fishtank.

That's gonna _SUCK_.

Anyhoo...time to go home and paint...

11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm so happy for you guys, the next prop party is at your house, k? Sorry we can't help you move :(

12. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Heh. Thanks. :)

And that's no problem. We've got a plethora (word for the day) of family down here to mooch labor off of. :D I hate asking friends to help do physical labor -- I dunno why -- I'm just weird like that. :p

If worse comes to worse, I can always go to the game shop I sometimes hang out at and scream, "[insert name of various games here] at my house!" and we'd have more than enough help. There's a ton of possible RMFF/501st recruits among my gaming friends, but most of them think we're geeky for dressing up on rare occasions.

I guess we need to sometimes dress like vampires or anime characters so we can be COOL. [face_plain] :D [face_laugh]

13. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    physical labor does not bother me. i spent last week end moving my friend and the previous 2 weekends help him move logs from his parents back yard. some of them weighed more than his truck.

I have a motto: I may not be the smartest person,but i can lift heavy things. :D

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
  15. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    ALRIGHTIES!!!

We're taking bets!

I'm in the process of moving our 55 gallon marine tank.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO WILL DIE????

TWO MEN ENTER -- ONE MAN LEAVES!!!

We have 2 patches of mushroom coral...

1 patch of polyps...

2 Chromis...

2 Tomato Clownfish...

1 Bi-color Angel...

1 Engineer Goby (named "Hernando")...

1 Sea Urchin...

A nice helping of various algae that we use for filtration...

And assorted snails, teeny crabs, and other critters you rarely see...

Who will die? Who will survive???

16. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Sponsor's Note:

The sea urchin has been removed from the running, as we can't find him at all. (Wonder what ate him...)

Anywho, It's 8 am and i am either excited to be moving, or insane, cause i can't sleep. :/

Oh and Be-Bell gave me her cold last night. YAY for kids.
    (end sarcasm)

I guess i should go pack the rest of the crap now, since it's still spread all over the house. <sigh>

IT'S MOVING DAY!!!!!!

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    the crabs have to stay alive. they are cool. im betting nothing bites it.

18. TheExpatriate

TheExpatriate Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2004
    Greetings to all.
    Best of luck with the move RDT. For what its worth, I'll offer moral support.

19. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    TE!!!! Good to see another new face on the RMFF horizon....WELCOME!!!

20. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    And now for the update on the death match...HERNANDO WINS!!! cause he's the only one alive so far. :(

The crabs and snails don't count, as there are too many to count and they hide better than a gecko in the rainforest.

Many many many thanks to the AC Brother's Moving Company, without who's help we would still be pondering how to get the couch in the house. :D
    (Shove HARDER!!)

We now have a great space for a meeting, and as one of the AC's pointed out, a great backyard for lightsaber fights. :p

21. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    was the trim on the door ok after that couch?

and i still don't like your futon 8-}

22. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I'd like to give many MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY thanks to Mac and Zac for all the help they gave on Sunday. In about 4 hours, we had almost everything moved. We were able to finish Sunday night, with only a few odds and ends left at the old place.

23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Sorry I couldn't help. I hope it went well. :)

24. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    No prob. I actully enjoy moving ( Im sick), The vicks was awsome. [face_laugh]

edit: your yard would be awsome for saber fights, not to mention the "rest" of your back yard is a huge park (with toys for our younger at heart members).

25. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    LOL. Let's hold off on saber fighting until we have the fence replaced, so nobody knocks it down, or has it fall on them.

Anyone got any ideas on how to remove about 15 tons worth of stone? Knocking it down won't be a problem -- it might actually be FUN. [face_devil]

OW...don't worry about it. Had we had more than the 4 of us, it probably would've been a small mosh pit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.