main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJainaSolo

DarthJainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2007
    Very good chapter...I like Professor Augustine. You've got a great characterization of Jaina. I can't wait to see what happens when they go back.

2. Anakinfan2006

Anakinfan2006 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    great story ! keep it going !

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I am here, and ready for the next update! :D Keep me on your list!

4. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    great post as usual :)

5. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
  6. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    Woa,
    great stoty.
    And with Kyp in it:D.

Put me on your om list.

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    CrazyAni: I like Professor Augustine--he's mysterious and a nice add-up to the SW universe. I do wonder however who exactly he is and how he knows all the stuff about time-travel and the sinister paradoxes and side-effects.

Though Professor Augustine won?t be reappearing for a bit, we will be seeing him again. He is quite an important character and he will be coming back ? and will eventually be de-mystified and his secrets will be uncovered.

You just have you wait. ;)

Palpatine is absolutely unstoppable in this universe. Oh yeah, they need Anakin!

Yeppers. They really do need Anakin. ;) Hence the reason for traveling back in time in the first place. :p

Loved the chemistry between the Skywalker and Solo family. They all are so enjoyable together.

Thanks! I love writing them ? they?re so much fun to write together. :D

Wonderful update once again, Idrelle! Have fun on your trip, and I'd love to read the next chapter before HP7 comes out.

Hee hee, I?ll try to get it up soon. :) And the trip was a blast!

jedikatie26: Thanks! Glad you?re enjoying it!

piratedreamer: I loved this chapter, and I definately liked the mysterious Augustine.

Oo? it seems Mr. Augustine is getting popular. :p Maybe we should start a fan club. :p

It's such a horrible cliffie to leave us with, though! I want to know what they find!!

I know, I?m a meanie. Next post will be up soon. And they have a great surprise waiting for them at the other end of the wormhole.

Great job and have fun on your trip!

Thanks! The trip was lots of fun. The only problem now is that I?m sunburnt, bruised and bitten and have a bee sting on my left hand. 8-}

Ooooo, I finally got to see the trailer, and I *loved* it! Great job.

Thanks! :D

ratna: wooooooooo!

the guardian of forever, on mustafar.

I suppose you could say that. ;)

and the grandfather paradox

Yep ? but I don?t think Jaina is going to be accidentally making it so that she won?t be born. :p

and pandora's box!

[face_laugh]

I suppose so. 8-}

very very cool

Thank you! :cool:

Darth-Semians: You know, I still don't quite understand why he (Augustine) was calm while explaining the mission, why did he all of a sudden become anxious and nervous when Jiana and Kyp were about go leave?

Oh good! That will actually be explained. I have a reason for his behaviour? but it?ll take a while before we reach the part where it?s explained. :) Just stay tuned. :cool:

Have fun on your trip.

Oh boy, I did! :D

AP4EVER: This is rather refreshing reading it from the very start. I keep looking out for little bits that were modified or added. Nothing has stood out to me yet, though I could've overlooked.

Glad that you find it refreshing. :) The reason why nothing has stood out in particular is probably because the majority of the changes are in the narrative. The plot remains exactly the same. There are a couple scenes in ROTS-era that I?ve added too, later on, so keep an eye out for those.

Can't wait to see what happens when/if they meet Grievous.

Dundundun? [face_whistling]

Ultima_1:[/i] Great story so far.[/i]

Thanks!

Could you add me to the PM list?

Of course! :)

NYCitygurl: I gotta say, this is my favorite chapter so far. You showed Jaina's emotions (and those of the other as well) really well. I like the way she reacted; it felt like her.

Thanks! I love writing Jaina (you can probably tell :p ), so I?m glad you like her characterization.

I enjoyed learning what the Professor was saying. It was really interesting and attention-holding.

Yes ? it states some of the major rules of my kind of time traveling. Most of the important stuff.

Note that I said ?most.? [face_mischief]

It was a lot of fun to write and develop ? I have a ton of notes on time travel on my computer, files d

8. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    I love Jaina in this fic! She is so like I imagine she should be. Great chapter. I can't wait for them to meet the grandparents!!!

Thanks Idrelle!

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Diamond_Revelation: I love Jaina in this fic! She is so like I imagine she should be.

Thank you so much! :D Characterization is one of the things I worry about the most, so it?s great to hear that readers like my characterizations!

Great chapter. I can't wait for them to meet the grandparents!!!

Coming up? soon. :p Thanks for reading!

[blockquote][b]CHAPTER IV
    General Grievous[/b][/blockquote]

Jaina slowly cracked open an eye. The world around her was a fuzzy blur. She groaned and closed the eye again. There was a persistent pounding in her aching head that made it feel like it was about to explode. Her mouth was dry and raw and her throat burned; she was quite certain that her stomach was attempting to fly out of her mouth. She tried to move, but her muscles didn?t seem to want to answer to her commands ? they reacted sluggishly, barely moving.

She heard a strange groaning noise somewhere above her and something hit her feet. She opened her eyes and saw Kyp?s blurred form tumbling over beside her.

?I don?t feel so great,? he said slowly, his voice slurred.

Jaina looked at him through blurred eyes. ?You look like you?re drunk,? she grunted, her voice garbled and somewhat higher pitched than usual. She was very aware of how dry her mouth was. She had a strong craving for water.

?This is the worst hangover I?ve ever had?? Kyp?s voice muttered sluggishly.

?Durron,? Jaina growled, rolling her eyes, ?for once it [i]sn?t[/i] a hangover. Why do you always deny it when you do have one but you?re so certain that you have one when you don?t??

The sentence even sounded like a garbled mess to her own ears.

?Shut up, Jaina,? Kyp grumbled. ?What you?re saying doesn?t make sense. Give me some time to think??

Jaina groaned, feeling too awful to retort. Her head felt like someone trying to use a lightsaber to slowly burn a hole straight through her head. The rest of her body was distinctly cold and numb. She shivered, her head throbbing with a consistent ache. She was certain that it was about to burst.

Kyp and Jaina remained where they were, lying on the ground for several long moments, trying to recuperate. Finally, Jaina forced her resistant muscles to work and very carefully sat up. She raised a hand and rubbed the back of her aching neck as she looked around.

They were in a dark alley. Its design wasn?t familiar and there was a strange, [i]industrial[/i]-like tang in the air. She looked around, mesmerized. The buildings reached up into the sky, obstructing her view of the red sky and spitting out long wisps of black clouds.

Suddenly, a loud snore disrupted her concentration. Jaina glanced at Kyp?s motionless body and, annoyed, nudged him.

?Wake up!?

He mumbled something incomprehensible.

?Kyp, get up!? She punched his shoulder.

His eyes snapped open. ?Oi, Jaina! Knock it off.? He pushed her hand away before she could punch him again. ?Where are we??

She snorted. ?Have you lost your senses completely? Don?t you remember??

?I?ve just had the worst hangover in the history of hangovers,? Kyp snapped, ?I just fell asleep and was having a very good dream and then [i]you[/i] come out of nowhere and punch me. Of course I? wait.? He paused, looking around to get their bearings. ?Sithspit!?

?What?? Jaina demanded.

Kyp didn?t answer her. He gazed off in the distance for several long moments before turning and staring at her in amazement. ?We?re here. We made it. This solves any doubt we had before. Time travel does exist.?

Jaina sighed exasperatedly. ?Oh, what [i]amazing[/i] comments he makes!? she exclaimed sarcastically, scowling as Kyp rolled his eyes. ?Remind me never to invite you on a trip through time ever again.? She stood up, wincing as her muscles still protested against movement. ?Come on, we need to find out what part of Coruscant this is.?

?I don?t think this is Coruscant,? Kyp said grimly as he got to his feet. ?It doesn?t feel right.?

Jaina frowned. ?Yes? Augustine never did explain very well how it the trans

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ?Durron,? Jaina growled, rolling her eyes, ?for once it sn?t a hangover. Why do you always deny it when you do have one but you?re so certain that you have one when you don?t??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was very interesting. I want to know what's going to happen when Dooku comes to see them -- and even moreso when Palpatine does.

11. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!:)

12. Rosa-Belle

Mar 9, 2007
    [face_laugh]
    Wonderful Kyp writing.

It's getting dangerous..
    More soon, please.
    There will only be one with lord soon.
    And they won't have a problem finding Anakin^^.

13. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I guess it would be just too damn simple if our protags could somehow convince Ani to kill Palpatine after he does in Dooku... I mean the guy was in binders already, it's a chance too good to pass up....

just bein' mischievous :p

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice little post, Idrelle. Loved the description of Grievous there, too. And no, I won't be joining the Augustine Fan Club. Sorry. :p And hehe, Kyp and Jaina are bonding... or beginning to. ;)

15. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Excellent post. Thanks for the PM. Can't wait for more.

16. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    I never really liked Grievous, and this post made me like him even less. :p

Liked the beginning--a very comical and at the same time vile situation. I hope they'll be able to get out of it. Maybe, with grandfather's help? :D

This is so interesting! Wonderful post, and I hope we see another one soon.

*applause*

Crazy

17. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Good, very good. Well, I guess we can sit back, get the popcorn ready and wait for the accidental meeting with Kenobi and Skywalker.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

18. DarthJainaSolo

DarthJainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2007
    I love it. Jaina's thoughts on General Grievous are so in character for her. And, yes, it fits that the first thing they'd do once they went back in time was get themselves captured.

It should be very interesting when Obi-Wan and Anakin discover these two...and if they are pretending to be Sith when that happens, I don't think it will be going well.

I can't wait for the next post!

19. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

i like this story mate, very good, pm me with the update please.

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ~*~Author Replies~*~

Nat: That was very interesting. I want to know what's going to happen when Dooku comes to see them -- and even moreso when Palpatine does.

You?ll see! *impish grin*

G__Anakin: Thanks!

Rosa-Belle: Wonderful Kyp writing.

Thank you! It?s been fun. :D

It's getting dangerous..

Absolutely. But then again, only naturally considering who our characters are. ;)

There will only be one with lord soon.
    And they won't have a problem finding Anakin^^.

Most definitely not. :p

ratna: I guess it would be just too damn simple if our protags could somehow convince Ani to kill Palpatine after he does in Dooku... I mean the guy was in binders already, it's a chance too good to pass up....

just bein' mischievous

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Waaay too simple and impossible for them to get up there in the first place, but I like the idea. :D

RK_Striker_JK_5: Nice little post, Idrelle. Loved the description of Grievous there, too.

Thanks!

And no, I won't be joining the Augustine Fan Club. Sorry.

[face_laugh]

I didn?t think you would be. :p

And hehe, Kyp and Jaina are bonding... or beginning to.

Yep. ;)

TigerofRobare: Thanks for reading!

CrazyAni: I never really liked Grievous, and this post made me like him even less.

LOL ? I have mixed feelings on Grievous, but I enjoyed making Jaina as digusted by him as she could possibly be. :p

Liked the beginning--a very comical and at the same time vile situation. I hope they'll be able to get out of it. Maybe, with grandfather's help?

Possibly. *waggles eyebrows*

This is so interesting! Wonderful post, and I hope we see another one soon.

Thanks for reading! [:D]

Darth-Semians: Good, very good. Well, I guess we can sit back, get the popcorn ready and wait for the accidental meeting with Kenobi and Skywalker.

[face_laugh]

You probably could. :p

DarthJainaSolo: I love it. Jaina's thoughts on General Grievous are so in character for her.

Thanks!

And, yes, it fits that the first thing they'd do once they went back in time was get themselves captured.

LOL, of course. ;)

It should be very interesting when Obi-Wan and Anakin discover these two...and if they are pretending to be Sith when that happens, I don't think it will be going well.

You?ll see what happens. [face_mischief]

sdhfs: i like this story mate, very good, pm me with the update please.

Thanks; I?ll add you to the PM list. :)

[b][blockquote]CHAPTER V
    Aboard the [i]Invisible Hand[/i][/blockquote][/b]

Count Dooku, or Darth Tyranus as he was sometimes called, stormed towards the bridge of the [i]Invisible Hand[/i] in a towering rage. General Grievous, it seemed, had gone just one step too far.

[i]Jedi.[/i] He mentally spat the word like a curse. There had been Jedi on board even before they had moved a light-year towards Coruscant. And Grievous had let them live, saving them for later interrogation. They could escape their cells at any time and create such havoc that they wouldn?t be able to capture the Chancellor.

Luckily, they hadn?t moved yet. As far as he knew, they were meditating.

There was no use trying to get them off board now. They were almost at Coruscant, ready to set their plan in action and abduct the Chancellor. They had no time to interrogate the Jedi before killing them. They would either have to be restrained or killed. Which would be a loss, as they no doubt had vital information. Extracting it from them would be a challenge.

General Grievous had his back turned when the Sith Lord entered. With his usual calm, steely outward appearance, he swept towards the vile General.

?General,? he said coldly, ?why are there Jedi aboard my vessel??

The bio-droid turned around and coughed in greeting. ?Ah, Count Dooku. I?m afraid that I must contradict you. There are no Jedi on board the ship.?

Do

21. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    She wondered why all the Sith Lord from this particular era where so old.
    Perhaps it had something to do with the desire for unending power.

The entire dichotomy between light and dark, in two succinct sentences! Well done!

"Ah," Grievous breathed, "the Jedi have returned."

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

"No," Grievous said firmly. "My orders are clear that the Chancellor is not to be harmed. And the Jedi ..." He grinned internally at the thought. The more Jedi on the bridge, the merrier. "The Jedi I will execute personally."

Boy is he in for a surprise...! Maybe he won't escape this time.... BTW, if Obi and Ani already have the Chancellor, does that mean that Dooku's dead already?

22. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Excellent. I can't wait for them to meet Anakin, Obi-wan, and Palpatine. I think with Jaina and Kyp Grievous might not survive. The Jedi Council isn't going to like them though . . .

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice, Idrelle. :D Loved Grievous in it. Man, what a moron... Kill your enemies instead of bringing them within killing distance of you! ;)

Loved Dooku dressing him down, too.

24. piratedreamer

piratedreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2006
    Loved it! Thanks for the PM. I can't wait for Jaina and Kyp to meet up with Ani and Obi, but I'm starting to think that the jedi pairs are going to continually miss eac other for quite some time...

25. Rosa-Belle

Mar 9, 2007
    Wonderful update!:D
    Thanks for the pm.
    I can' wait for everyone to meet up.

Those Jedi weren?t like any other Jedi. They were abnormal, impulsive, and dynamic

so true.

Can't wait for next chapter=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.