main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    wait!... ugh... wisdom can be frustrating at times.

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I won't chase you if Jaina dies. I will cry though.

Yoda is right, time isn't something you should meddle with; just as the folks in Eureka but to get the best answer you should talk to the mechanic and you used to be able to ask the sheriff but he got his memory erased so he doesn't really remember.

There might be something that they can do for Jaina?

3. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Awww... poor Jaina! I hope they find a cure soon so she'll be all right. Love Padme's ferocity to keep Jaina alive - just how I imagined her. Fantastic update, Idri! =D=

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Yoda... knew.

Excuse me for a second. *Walks up and punts the little green guy through a wall*

You do not withhold info like that, 'Master'! And disappearing into the Force is a bad thing! A view I think Yoda would hold, but still bad!

*Ahem*

A great post, Idrelle. Loved the beginning there with Ackbar. :D I hope Jaina's all right!

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Interesting stuff with Yoda. I can't wait to know more about exactly what he was up to. Hope they find a cure soon!! Seems pretty hopeless right now :(

Scout playing with the twins is really cute, though :)

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Lets play kick Palpatine [face_mischief]

The kriffing son of a hutt must die [face_skull]

More soon :)

7. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Great update and what a revelation about Yoda. Maybe he could time travel into the future to find a cure? Also loved the way that you've woven Ackbar into it.

Another lovely twist to your story. Look forward to more updates as ever.

8. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
  9. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Wow. Simply, wow. =D=

Yoda... well, he is almost 900, he has to have some dirty little secrets that no one knows about. But time-travel? :confused: I was thinking he was alluding to Augustine when he mentioned a person who didn't know what he was doing sending Jaina and Kyp, but now I'm totally confused.

I believe, thought, that if Jaina does fade into the Force, Anakin might go Darth Vader on Sidious; acting rash, going off solo to find him and strike him down with all the might of the Force. Kyp might follow him, considering the close attachment the two share.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

10. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Why that sneaky, branch chewing, little green troll! :eek:

Jeebers... Yoda certainly has a knack for screwing things up and not saying anything about it until later doesn't he? :oops:

Now that everyone is back together, I wouldn't mind a little Daddy!Anakin mushiness... [face_batting_eyes]

:D

Nice update Idri... if you wouldn't mind, could you PM me when you do? Old age is taking a terrible toll on my memory! 8-}

Cyn

11. Leia_is_the1

Leia_is_the1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2007
    Great update!!

So let me get this straight...until this chapter there were 6 time travelers....

Jaina, Kyp, Palpatine, Krayt, Augustine, and the mysterious sith from Shantral. Now Yoda is added into the mix and he stated that he didn't travel alone. We know he didn't go with Jaina, Kyp, Palapatine, or Krayt. Therefore, I'm betting that Augustine must have been his wingman....am I close?

Looking forward to the next installment...

12. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    nice description of the architecture on the water world.

love the image of Yoda gnawing on his gimer stick. that's priceless!

13. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    the jedi never did master the art and science of being proactive in a crisis.

great work :D

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Yoda is a time traveler too??? :eek:

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    LittleMissNightsaber
    Don?t worry, I?m quite trained at running away from angry readers. Besides, in the event of Jaina?s death and the subsequent chasing and (potential) capture and (killing?) of me, the author, the story would remain unfinished, and that?s just not fun. :p

GeneralKenobi7
    Sneaky? Yoda has his reasons for hiding that piece of information from his past. He has kept it hidden for centuries. In any case, he evidently thought it was for the best, even though in the end it might not have been. What?s done is done and all they can do now is continue onwards.

Yes, a great concern right now would be what Anakin will do if Jaina dies. Kyp, too, for that matter.

p_stotts
    Oh, I was pretty frustrated with them being frustrated, so I think this chapter had a double dose of frustration! [face_laugh] One of the major problems right now is that no one really knows what is going to happen. That?s the situation you end up in when you don?t have an all-knowing character to run to who can explain everything. :D [face_devil] Yes, the Force is very mysterious. I doubt anyone knows everything about the way it works.

Jedi_Sword
    I love writing characters like Padmé and Ackbar. It?s really easy to get caught up in action-oriented characters, like Anakin and Jaina, but it?s just as interesting to concentrate on the characters who observe people, society, governments. Sure, the Jedi?s goal is to remove the Sith Lord from power, but even if they do manage to defeat Palpatine, that won?t be the end of their troubles. He has a lot of followers and how are they going to convince the people of the Galaxy that they are doing the right thing? The people people are just as important as the action people. :p

Augustine still has a role to play. ;) Some of you may be able to figure out what he?s all about as you get more information? He?s a bit of a mystery figure, but has not been forgotten. He?s the reason Jaina and Kyp are there in the first place. In a way, you could say that he?s responsible for the things that have occurred so far in the story.

Cilghal isn?t around yet. I checked and double-checked the character timelines, and what I found was that Cilghal isn?t even born yet. Ackbar himself is pretty young at this point, too. I was kind of disappointed, since I really wanted to use Cilghal as another tie to the NJO and Jaina?s history, but I guess not?

Ocelotl_Nesto
    Yes, it is. :oops:

Lady_Misty
    I think I?m going to allow myself to be thoroughly chased and hunted down if I kill of Jaina. I?ve already technically done it once. :p In all honesty, they don?t know what to do. At all.

Serena
    Yes, Padmé?s not going to back down. She?s not going to sit around doing nothing; she?ll use everything in her power to prevent Jaina from dying.

Jon
    Oi! Don?t abuse the characters! :p Yes, the information was withheld, but Yoda has his reasons! It might not have been the best thing, but no one is fail-proof.

I really like Ackbar, and this was my first time writing him. I wish I could use him more in this fic? but he?s going to remain a minor character. I think Padmé and he get along very well, I?d like to see more scenes in any kind of fic that have the two characters working together. :)

Nat
    [face_whistling] I?m sure you can?t wait. ;) You?ll find out soon.

Scout! I love Scout. [face_love] She?s so much fun to write, I really like her and Whie. Which is funny, since I have never read any of their canon material stuff. :p

JediFalcon
    No kicking Palpatine! I still need him. *is possessive* :p

I?ll update when I get a chance to finish the next chapter. ;)

Darth_Nellie
    I have a feeling that Yoda doesn?t want to do any more time travelling. At this point, which so many crossed timelines (thanks for that, Palps :rolleyes: ) time travelling into the future to find a cure would probably end up as a mess.

JediMasterAmanda
    Thanks!

Darth-Semians
    Thank you. :D If you?re totally confused, don?t worry; you?re actually on the right track. Not

16. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    I totally agree, and I think it's cool that you took a moment to focus on the harsh realities that all the in-your-face action is having on the rest of the people in the galaxy, and the political maneuvers that go along with trying to bring everyone back together. I forgot to say it earlier, but Padme and Ackbar talking reminded me of Leia and Admiral Ackbar all those years in the future... oh man, it's so mind boggling!

ah... so Cilghal's not alive yet, that's too bad. Oooh, but has Chewie been born? (not that that would necessarily help with the whole 'Jaina is dissolving into a bundle of force energy' problem) But I think I remember reading somewhere that he was actually pretty old. Oh well, that would be cool! Oh, that reminds me, I LOVED seeing Han appear on Corellia (about... I don't know, ten posts ago? haha, sorry) anyway, it made me so happy!

17. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Great couple of updates. I really hope they find a way to save Jaina before it is too late. I love the way you have written Scout and Whie - I look forward to the next chapter.

18. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yoda! Wow! Great update!

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Jedi_Sword

It's an important thing that I can't completely ignore. Everyone in the Galaxy is connected together, either politically, socially, or economically. There aren't very many Galactic civilizations living in a bubble that is completely un-influenced by the events passing in the Galaxy at large. :p Even the crime lords and the seedy siders living on the outer-rim will be affected by what our heroes and villains are up to, because it's a HUGE scale. To ignore the impact these events have on the outside world would be criminal. It's very easy to forget about them. Even though they aren't the main focus (I have to be careful, I can't get swept away with all the detail, as I can easily and sometimes very willingly can do), to add to the realism of the piece as a whole, there has to be some kind of reference to it. Padme is my best spokesperson for this very thing because she is, at heart, a politician and not a warrior.

I never even thought about the Leia and Ackbar references! :eek: Those totally must have slipped in subconsciously. :eek: I'm only just seeing them! Still, it makes sense since Leia is very much her mother's daughter. Being raised by Bail in canon certainly had an effect on Leia when it comes to politics. If I ever get the chance, I'd be interested in exploring what Leia would be like if she was raised by Padme and Anakin instead of Bail and Breha... I'm sure it's been done dozens of times before, but it would still be interesting. [face_thinking]

Yes, Chewie's been around for a while. He actually does appear in ROTS on Kashyyyk. Yoda says goodbye to him right before he goes back to Coruscant. :p Han's chapter seems like an awfully long time ago, doesn't it? [face_laugh] I felt that I needed to show where Han was and how he was doing, since if the Empire ever caught up with him, Jaina would be in as much trouble as when they catch up with the twins. Of course, Han's from a stealthy group of people, so pinpointing him would prove to be a bit difficult. I think he's safe for now. :)

Diamond_Revelation

Yes, I'm sure we all hope for the best. But, as you can probably tell, it is a very complicated situation...

Scout and Whie are rapidly becoming favourite characters of mine. [face_laugh] It's funny how minor characters have a habit of doing that from time to time!

Jaira

Thank you!

Author's Note

Okay, I have some news for all of you. First, thank you so much for reading! :) [:D] Your support and comments have been wonderful. I am working this summer at a camp where I will be living from the last week of June until a good amount of time into August. I only have a few days off here and there and my time is going to be consumed by my work with handicapped children at the camp. Therefore, I will have limited Internet access and almost no time to write. I apologize in advance for This Time Around going on a hiatus until what will probably end up being September, although even then it will be questionable since I will be starting my second year of university and scheduling is going to be hectic and time will be diminished. I am not giving up on the story, I'm just warning you that my free time to write is going to be even more sporadic in the coming months than ever before. Which kind of sucks, but Real Life does that to you. :p

I still have a couple of weeks left before I start work. I am trying to finish up another chapter, but the Muse is being very uncooperative (as are the characters [face_beatup] ), so I can't guarantee anything. I just hope that you will all be sticking around for whenever I do actually end up updating which, for the moment, I have absolutely no idea when that will be. 8-}

Thanks!

Idri

20. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    This is probably my favorite story on the boards right now (and by probably I mean definitely), so I will still be here when you have the chance to write again!

Hope you have a fun summer at camp...!

21. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    No problem at all Idrelle. This is my number one story on the boards, so I will wait as long as it takes. Enjoy your summer camp.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I'll be sticking around, Idrelle. Good luck with DRL and kick its butt. :D [:D]

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thank you all for your support. :) And thanks very much for the noms, I am very flattered!

To re-cap, This Time Around has been nominated for Best Action, Best All Around, Best Epic, Best Canon Male [Anakin Skywalker], and Best Villain [Palpatine]. I am trying to get excerpts done as soon as possible and as quickly as possible because I have to get it done by Saturday morning 'cause I'm headed back to camp to start our first session and I don't have time/Internet access. TTA is BIG, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions/help with excerpts that you guys can provide! (So think of your favourite parts or any scenes that you think is a good representation for the categories listed above.) Thanks! :D

(P.S. Sorry for the short notice. :p I seem to be getting bad at that lately. 8-} )

Edit -- I survived doing excerpts! So no more help needed. :)

24. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Have some Kyp and Jaina time where she explains about what she saw with that black sand vision that she had when she talked to Palps in what Chapter 49 or 50. Unless that has nothing to do with how she is going to get healed. Just some good Kyp and Jaina moments, maybe a few with the whole Skywalker family.

25. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    First of all, sorry it's been so long since I last commented.. :( I lost my net for quite a long time. :(

Now, onto the comment!

Don't kill Jaina!!!

Great story though, and I look forward to the next chapter! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.