main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    General G is deliciously evil. I look forward to the next part :D Though 4 on one (Dooku) doesn't quite seem fair :p

2. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

good psot.

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    intresting.
    I don't like that professor person, he gives me the creeps!!
    Poor Jaina and Kyp, landing in the late days of the Clone Wars and not knowing what's going on.
    They shouldn't had pretended to be Sith boot lickers!
    I hope Anakin doesn't take anyone's head off for yanking him around and trying to control his destiney ('cause personally I don't think Anakin would like it).
    Can you add me to your pm list?

4. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    :D Hey!
    Could you please add me to the PM list if I'm not there already!?
    I love this 'fic!
    Excellent job!

C @};- S

5. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    I really love the contrast that Grevious noticed between the Jedi of the Republic and Kyp and Jaina and I love the way you have written it.

Looking forward to the next updates

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ratna: Glad you liked the chapter! :D

Boy is he in for a surprise...! Maybe he won't escape this time.... BTW, if Obi and Ani already have the Chancellor, does that mean that Dooku's dead already?

Yep. :)

Too bad? I liked writing Dooku. But being the evil author that I am, he was in the way so I kept things the way they are in ROTS. Mwahaha. [face_devil]

TigerofRobare: Excellent. I can't wait for them to meet Anakin, Obi-wan, and Palpatine. I think with Jaina and Kyp Grievous might not survive. The Jedi Council isn't going to like them though . . .

Oh, be quiet you. :p You?re spoiling it. ;)

Just kidding. 8-}

RK_Striker_JK_5: Nice, Idrelle.

Thanks! :)

Loved Grievous in it. Man, what a moron... Kill your enemies instead of bringing them within killing distance of you!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

See, these bio-droids aren?t very smart? :p

Loved Dooku dressing him down, too.

Oh yes. :D

piratedreamer: Loved it! Thanks for the PM. I can't wait for Jaina and Kyp to meet up with Ani and Obi, but I'm starting to think that the jedi pairs are going to continually miss eac other for quite some time...

You?ll see . :D Thanks for reading! [:D]

Rosa-Belle: Thanks for reading!

I can' wait for everyone to meet up.

Those Jedi weren?t like any other Jedi. They were abnormal, impulsive, and dynamic

so true.

LOL! :D

NYCitygurl: General G is deliciously evil. I look forward to the next part
    Though 4 on one (Dooku) doesn't quite seem fair

Oh, you?ll see. :p

sdhfs: Thanks!

Lady_Misty: intresting.

Thanks!

I don't like that professor person, he gives me the creeps!!

You can join RK_Striker_JK_5 in the ?I Hate Augustine? club. :p

Just kidding. ;)

Poor Jaina and Kyp, landing in the late days of the Clone Wars and not knowing what's going on.

Yes, poor them. But they?ll learn to deal with it. They?re smart. :)

They shouldn't had pretended to be Sith boot lickers!

Well, they were under pressure. :p

I hope Anakin doesn't take anyone's head off for yanking him around and trying to control his destiney ('cause personally I don't think Anakin would like it).

Oh, you?ll see what happens!

Can you add me to your pm list?

Of course! Thanks for reading!

Courtney_Solo: Thanks for getting caught up! :) I?ll re-add you to the list.

Diamond_Revelation: I really love the contrast that Grevious noticed between the Jedi of the Republic and Kyp and Jaina and I love the way you have written it.

Thanks! :D I think that the difference between the Jedi of the Old and New Republics is very evident, so I wanted someone else to notice it besides just author/readers and Jaina and Kyp. :p

I?m leaving tomorrow for two weeks and won?t be able to update, so I?m updating today so hopefully the next post will tide you all over until I get home! :)

Actually, make that [i]two[/i] updates since the first chapter is kind of short. :p

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER VI
    A Meeting with Destiny

Jaina and Kyp hurtled down the hall, the droids hot in pursuit. If she had had the breath to talk, Jaina would have commented angrily about the size of those monsters.

Everything had been going perfectly well until they had run almost straight into the troop of supreme battle droids and the group of warriors chasing them doubled. Now they had two sets of battle droids on their tail, and they had flown through so many corridors and hallways that they had no idea where they were.

To make matters worse, the ship was clearly breaking apart. Jaina could hear the terrifying screeching noises echoing throughout the ship.

As they slid around a corner, closely avoiding the blaster fire that plunged into the wall instead of into them, they clearly heard the bursts of battle droid chatter ahead of them:

?Hand over your weapons!?

?Roger, roger!?

Jaina groaned inwardly.

The two Jedi didn?t bother to consider their options. Running into the battle droids was a better option than facing the super battle droids and their monstrous mechanical partners that were slowly closing in on them.

Reaching out with the Force as she ran, Jaina swiped the droids into the wall as they rounded the corner, shattering them into pieces of metal. It was a tactic that worked very well.

?Jaina, stop!? Kyp?s voice rang out.

She looked up and skidded to a halt several centimetres away from a glistening ray shield. Kyp?s grip on her arm pulled her back before she ran into it.

Three faces stared out in amazement from behind the glittering shield.

Two were clearly Jedi. One was far older than the other. He had a wise face, blondish hair and bear and sparkling, knowledgeable blue-grey eyes. As she looked at him, Jaina was under the impression that this was the calmer one; he gave off a distinctive feeling that he?d prefer to talk his way out of trouble rather than fight his way through it.

Here was a supreme Jedi of the Old Republic.

The other Jedi was younger and as his friend gave off the aura of a negotiator, he gave off the aura of a fighter. Recklessness and hotheadedness glowed through his blue eyes. As she looked at him she was under the impression that she had seen his face somewhere before. Then it hit her.

Uncle Luke.

This young Jedi, the man who was clearly around the same age as Jaina herself, resembled her uncle so much that she couldn?t help but stare at him. The long, tangled blondish-brown hair, the glowing blue eyes filled with a youthful mirth, the rugged shape of his jaw-line? she could see her uncle in him, even though he bore the scars of war.

A lump formed in her throat. Behind the glistening ray shield, only a few feet away from her, was her grandfather. Her grandfather who was younger than her.

She shivered. Time travel was the most extraordinary thing the Force had ever allowed.

The last man in the trio behind the ray shield was white-haired, pale and somewhat shaken by whatever had happened to him in the last few hours. He was dressed in formal garments, so Jaina supposed that her grandfather was here to protect him. There was something familiar about him too, although she couldn?t quite perceive it yet.

She blinked. Suddenly, it all came crashing down on her as she remembered puzzling over why Palpatine was having himself kidnapped by his own side. There was no doubt; here was Palpatine, being rescued by the side he was supposed to be against, being rescued by Jedi?

It still confused her. For now, she decided, it didn?t matter. A bubbling hatred in the pit of her stomach was rising. Here was the man who had killed her brother. Here was the man who had killed her grandfather and separated him from her mother and uncle. Here was the man who had wrecked the Galaxy and brought down the Old Republic and who, in fifty-six years time, would bring the destruction of the Galaxy? if she and Kyp didn?t succeed here.

Her hands balled into fists. There

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER VII
    Unfinished Business

Jaina silently harangued herself about their capture as they were marched down the wide corridors of the Invisible Hand. They had wasted their energy; they were going back to the palm of Grievous? metallic hand, instead of escaping it; they were, once again, in a sticky mess. And what a sticky mess it was this time.

The only light shed on the entire episode was that they had found Anakin Skywalker ? alive, breathing normally, with not suit, no Darth Vader persona and no dark side. Other than that, Jaina and Kyp were failing miserably at their mission.

When they entered the bridge, General Grievous swooped down upon them. Jaina glared up at him defiantly.

?Ah,? Grievous said mildly, ?our stray Jedi have been found.? His head turned abruptly towards Obi-Wan. ?Oh yes? General Kenobi. The Negotiator. I have been waiting for you. That wasn?t much of a rescue.?

Obi-Wan hid a small smile. ?It depends on your point of view.?

?And Anakin Skywalker,? Grievous sneered. ?I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little? older.?

Anakin raised an eyebrow. ?General Grievous,? he addressed the bio-droid, ?Supreme Commander of the Droid Armies. You?re shorter than I expected.?

Grievous hissed. ?Jedi scum --!?

?Anakin, try not to upset him,? Obi-Wan told his friend. ?We?ve got a job to do.?

Ignoring this last comment, Grievous turned to Kyp and Jaina.

?It seems that we may finish our little battle sooner than later,? he said silkily.

?We were merely taking a short break,? Kyp replied sarcastically.

?Indeed,? Grievous responded silkily, ?and yet you cut your ?break? short by running into my ray shield.?

?Just a small inconvenience. We were attempting to pick up these three,? Kyp lied smoothly.

?Sir,? one of Grievous? personal bodyguards interrupted, handing over the captured lightsabers.

Grievous took them hungrily. He attached Jaina and Kyp?s to his belt and unclipped one that hadn?t been there before the last time Jaina and Kyp had seen him.

Jaina recognized it immediately. She had heard the stories about it and had seen it hang from Aunt Mara?s belt. She would know it anywhere.

It was Uncle Luke?s first lightsaber. The lightsaber Obi-Wan Kenobi had given her uncle in his hut on Tatooine; the lightsaber Luke had begun his training with; the weapon Luke had used when fighting Darth Vader in Cloud City; the saber Luke had presented to Mara; the weapon that was a relic of the Old Republic ? Luke?s father?s lightsaber. Anakin Skywalker?s lightsaber.

She shifted uncomfortably as she thought about that particular lightsaber. It was as much of her past as it was Anakin and Obi-Wan?s. She had touched that lightsaber before; she had felt the metal of the elegantly constructed handle against her skin. But that was in another time, another place. Her past ? their future.

Not anymore, she reminded herself. Not if I can help it. She wouldn?t fail ? her past would never happen. It would be wiped clean from the Galaxy, only to be remembered in her and Kyp?s memories.

Grievous was examining the lightsaber with a certain amount of glee. He weighed them in his hands, getting a feeling for them, admiring their elegance.

?Rare trophies, these,? he said, ?the weapons of Anakin Skywalker and General Kenobi. I look forward to adding them to my collection.? His yellow eyes gleamed with savage mirth.

?That will not happen,? Obi-Wan interrupted quietly. ?I am in control here.?

Jaina turned and looked at him, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. She had always known from the stories that Obi-Wan Kenobi (or Ben as her uncle called him), while composed, was very brave. She could feel his cool calmness through the Force. He was with the Force and the Force was with him. Indeed, he was in control.

She immediately felt better as she turned back to their menacing opponent, who was stalking forwards, all traces of delight gone from

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Loved the action and dialogue, Idrelle! :D Anakin and Obi-Wan were pitch-perfect there. Ben bantering with Grievous was great. I could see literal steam rising from Grievous' head. LOL.

Can't wait for more. Have a good trip! *Waves*

10. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Well!

Good thing I brought my carabiners today!!!

Have fun, see you when you next update!

11. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Oh, that was great. I can't wait for more.

12. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    Great chapters=D=

Wonderful interaction between the Jedis.

And a perfect Obi_wan, so calm.

Can't wait for more.

13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A cliffy? How mean.:_|
    That was realy funny when Jaina and Kyp almost littarly ran into Anakin, Obi-Wan and Papatine![face_laugh] Ana Jaina's slip of the tongue about R2.
    Jaina laughing at Anakin's mimic of Obi-Wan's voice was very funny. [face_laugh]
    Can't wait for the next update!!

14. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Hoo boy, exciting!! You've left us with a brilliant cliff-hanger, mate!

15. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Damn you, cliffy![face_frustrated]

*Sigh* But as much as I despise them it leaves me hankering for more. But then i think, I already know what's going to happen...or do I?

ARGH!8-}

16. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    evil cliffie but a great post nevertheless :)

17. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I love Kyp! So sarcastic. Great update Idrelle.

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the fight!!! That was very well-written :) And the banter was very amusing :)

You = [face_devil]

19. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Wow! I absolutely love your story![face_love] I think it's one of the best stories I've ever read!! =D==D= Please add me to the PM list!

I'll be waiting anxiously for your next update!

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    GAH!! I LURVE this story!! Mayest I be on the PM list, please?

Is this going to turn out to be Kyp/Jaina? And I can't wait to see how you're going to play the whole time-travel thing out... awesome!!

- Serena Kenobi

21. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Yep that was mean ;) . I really love what you have done with this version. I look forward to an update in two weeks time!!!

22. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    I forgot how many chapters there were before the fight between the Jedi and Grevious aboard the Invisible Hand. Sorry for not replying in three chapters (even though you are still on vacation - it is Summer by the way and we need to get away), but I have been reading other stories where Anakin gets to redeem himself. Sorry for being unfaithful, I couldn't resist!!! :oops:

Anyway, I do have one thing to say about this: it would totally be cool (not to mention freak out Jaina) if a 10 year-old Han Solo somehow got mixed into this mess. Just something to think about; do what you want.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

23. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    Hahaha Darth-Semians, it would be awesomely funny to see Jaina's reaction to meeting her dad as a kid.

24. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    Just wanted to up this fantastic 'fic! :D ;)

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Well, I?ve been home for some time and have been very silly since I have quite a few chapters ready, but haven?t updated. :p I had a fantastic vacation visiting friends and family and such.

RK_Striker_JK_5: You got a new icon! Yay! Still Tenel Ka, but a different picture of Tenel Ka. 8-}

Loved the action and dialogue, Idrelle!

Thanks!

Anakin and Obi-Wan were pitch-perfect there. Ben bantering with Grievous was great. I could see literal steam rising from Grievous' head. LOL.

LOL ? unfortunately, I really drew heavily from the ROTS novelization in these chapters, so that wasn?t all me. Anakin and Obi-Wan?s bantering were all Matthew Stover?s dialogue from the novel ? and I have mentioned that in my disclaimer. ;)

ratna: Well!

Good thing I brought my carabiners today!!!

Have fun, see you when you next update!

[face_laugh]

Thanks for reading!

TigerofRobare: Thanks!

Rosa-Belle: Great chapters.

Thanks. :)

Wonderful interaction between the Jedis.

And a perfect Obi_wan, so calm.

And again, borrowing a little bit from the novelization of ROTS. [face_blush]

Lady_Misty: A cliffy? How mean.

I know, but then me = [face_devil] , as NYCitygurl likes to say. :p

That was realy funny when Jaina and Kyp almost littarly ran into Anakin, Obi-Wan and Papatine! Ana Jaina's slip of the tongue about R2.

That was one of the scenes I first pictured when I started getting plot bunnies for this fic. For some reason, them running literally into Anakin and company struck me as completely ridiculous. :p

Jaina laughing at Anakin's mimic of Obi-Wan's voice was very funny.

Always like to add a bit of humour. :p

Thanks for reading!

JediXManSerenaKenobi: Hoo boy, exciting!! You've left us with a brilliant cliff-hanger, mate!

Nothing like a good cliff-hanger? [face_whistling]

GAH!! I LURVE this story!! Mayest I be on the PM list, please?

Of course! :D

Is this going to turn out to be Kyp/Jaina? And I can't wait to see how you're going to play the whole time-travel thing out... awesome!!

You?ll see. I have ever inch of this fic planned so? you?ll just have to wait! :D

AP4EVER: Damn you, cliffy!

Heeheehee. [face_batting]

*Sigh* But as much as I despise them it leaves me hankering for more. But then i think, I already know what's going to happen...or do I?

ARGH!

[face_laugh]

Well, you probably do. :p But there might come a time when you don?t. [face_whistling]

The_Slilent_One: Thanks!

obsessedwithSW: Thanks for reading! And yeah, I love Kyp, too. [face_love] I love sarcastic characters. I should write more fics with Kyp in them. :p

Nat: I love the fight!!! That was very well-written.

Thanks! It was fun to write. :D

And the banter was very amusing.

Anakin-Obi-Wan banter courtesy of ROTS novelization? [face_blush]

You = devil

Of course. What else would you expect? [face_batting]

MarasFire: Wow! I absolutely love your story! I think it's one of the best stories I've ever read!!

Awww, thank you! [face_blush] [face_blush]

Please add me to the PM list!

Of course! :D

Diamond_Revelation: Thanks! :)

Darth-Semians: I forgot how many chapters there were before the fight between the Jedi and Grevious aboard the Invisible Hand. Sorry for not replying in three chapters (even though you are still on vacation - it is Summer by the way and we need to get away), but I have been reading other stories where Anakin gets to redeem himself. Sorry for being unfaithful, I couldn't resist!!!

Oh, that?s all right, I definitely don?t mind! There?s so many wonderful fics out there, many of them much, much, much better than mine that deserve to be read as well, so I?m obviously not going to harangue you for not commenting! :)

Anyway, I do have one thing to say about this: it w

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.