main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Obi-Wan groaned. ?Here we go again??
    [face_laugh] That describes it very well...

It gets pretty mysterious now... how can one not lose the overall view in this jungle of riddles, premonitions, time-travelers and whatsoevers??

Poor Bail:_| I hope he isn't right...

2. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Wow, that was a lot to read,[face_hypnotized] but I finished it!!![face_dancing]

First of all I want to say that THIS IS THE BEST STORY I HAVE EVER READ!!!!!=D= =D= It's so funny how that just when I think that I know how the story is goiong to end, you change it and it goes another direction, it keeps me on the edge of my seat, I sat here reading for two hours one day (my mom wasn't very happy with that though), it was so interesting.

Can you please add me to your pm list.
    Great job!=D=

3. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Hey! Six and a half months, huh? Poor Kyp and Jaina, that's a long time to be away from everything you know.

I was surprised that Jaina didn't try to help Bail go after Breha - in the other time, Breha WAS her adoptive grandmother (who Jaina never met, but still). That was very sad. I'm glad Padme stood up for him, though, tried to put things in perspective for the Jedi. That being said, I do understand where the Jedi are coming from - if they don't figure out the Palpatine/time traveling problem everyone's molecules are going to get ripped apart sooo... hm. Oh well, you've got me thinking!

Terrific update!

4. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    All I can say is WOW!

5. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Dood... [face_hypnotized]

=D= Go Bail. The Jedi have always had their heads buried too far up their arses... Honestly, does no one listen to Qui-Gon?

*points at* I see you skulking around, Darth Kryat! Come out and fight like a man!

[face_laugh] Great update!

Cyn

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Jaina_Solo_Goddess
    *gets showered in confetti*

Thanks! I think the thread needed a little decoration. ;) I?m very glad to be writing again.

Bail had every right to let everything loose. To be honest, he originally wasn?t going to leave. I didn?t plan the scene at all, it just appeared and immediately made a lot of sense. The Jedi can be extremely arrogant, and the problem is that they don?t realize it. Sure, the Sith and their forces can do a lot of damage to the Galaxy, but what?s going on with the rest of the Galaxy is equally as important. I get the feeling that because they?ve kind of been secluded from everyone else, sometimes they don?t think, especially when they?re facing a Sith Lord. I guess they get tunnel vision.

Oh yes. You want to smack Jaina for treating Hett as a good guy, but she is yet to figure out that he?s the same person as Darth Krayt. If she ever does figure that one out? let?s say that Krayt better beware.

Iverna
    Oh, yes, Leia will talk! [face_laugh] Imagine a few years from now (provided that everyone survives, that is). I love writing sweet moments, it?s such a nice break from all the ?AHH! Impending Doom! Oh, fight scene! More Impending Doom!? stuff that?s been going around lately. :p

You really can?t blame Bail for losing his patience and acting out as he did. He was well within his right to. Sure, he doesn?t understand what the Jedi are trying to do, but the Jedi as a whole also don?t really understand what?s at stake for the rest of the Galaxy if they just continue on by focusing on the Sith. Like I said before? they get tunnel vision. Of course, defeating Palpatine will benefit EVERYONE, but in the meantime you can?t forget about the ordinary people. This group is going to have to find a balance. Somehow.

Padmé might just be the key to that. ;)

Oh, and it?s no fun if the good guys always agree with each other! [face_laugh]

I also really like how your Anakin is developing. He's come a long way from the kid we saw in the movies; he's getting more introspective and responsible, while keeping his impulsive side as well. For once, I find myself actually liking him even though you haven't changed his character completely, just taught him a thing or two. So, y'know, great job writing him!

Thank you! [face_blush] [:D] That?s really high praise, since that is exactly what I was hoping to achieve! Start with Anakin?s character as he is at the beginning of RotS and go from there, teaching him a thing or two along the way. Characters, like real people, never stop growing and learning and changing ? that?s the most important thing.

Jon

Dathomir, Dathomir, Dathomir? I?ll admit, it was a pretty sketchy reference. :p Visions and such are like that for a reason. 8-}

This is why I prefer Luke's Order to the prequels. He knows how important the non-Force people are.

Indeed. Perhaps because he was once an ?ordinary? or non-Force person. Kind of. You know what I mean. ;) The Jedi of the Galactic Republic grew up and lived in an enriched and secluded environment. When confronted with the Sith, the Sith take priority because they?re going to wreck havoc on everyone and everything. Non-Sith things kind of get lost.

Though, of course, they probably wouldn?t even have time to rescue Breha? I will admit, if it were Jaina there in Breha?s place, Anakin would be trying to move heaven and earth to get her out, BUT he wouldn?t succeed as there is not enough time anymore.

Anyway... what method does Yoda speak of? Something similar to how Exar Kun was defeated in the JAT? Questions, questions... hopefully we'll get answers

Yoda might just have a theory. Said theory might need some work, though. I?m an evil author ? I tend to answer questions with more questions. [face_devil]

Nat

Mhm. There?s a general lack of knowledge about the Force where non-Force users are concerned. It?s a kind of ?You can?t understand the amount of damage this power can cause until you actually are using it y

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Always great to read a new chapter from this story... Sorry it took me so long to reply!

8. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Idri, you returned from the dead! If I wasn't married, I'd give you a big hug and kiss, you made my day.

First off, I liked the part of Leia speaking first... and her first word was da[da]. It proves my theory that if the Skywalkers were together, she would be a total daddy's girl.

Secondly, and finally someone gives me reason to like Bail. His outburst at the meeting of the minds shows that he has the balls to be agressive, not the passive agressive he was in canon. Good for him.

Thanks for the update and I will be looking for more in the future. I love your story.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

9. tjdavis1138

tjdavis1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2002
    I Haven't been on this board for years. I was bored the other day and decided to take a look around. I've spent the last week reading this story and I must say it's one of the best I've ever read on here! Fantastic job! =D=

Those of you that have been around for many years might remember Lwyn'nya Kenobi. I always considered her one of the best writers on the old forum, sadly I believe she just disappeared many years ago.

Your writing is every bit as skilled as hers and possibly better. I anxiously await your next chapter and look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

and please put me on the pm list. :)

10. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Just re-read this wonderful chapter. I think that Bail had every right to lose his temper and in doing so, highlight the arrogance of the Jedi. Given that Breha did sacrifice herself so they could all escape, nobody gave her a second thought. He is also understandably sick and tired of hearing about "the will of the force". After all, this insular view of following the force to the exclusion of all else is a contributory factor in the Jedis' downfall in canon. So it will be very interesting to see if Obiwan and Anakin remember this for the Jedi Order of the future (assuming that our evil author allows there to be one.

Really looking forward to the next update.

11. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    Wow, I missed a couple updates. Not surprising though.

Great updates, though it is saddening that there is some discord among the group. :( Hopefully things will be fine.

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Golden_Jedi
    No worries, Goldie! Glad to see that you?re still reading! [:D]

Darth-Semians
    Lol, I was never dead. ;) I spent a month working with kids and youth with physical disabilities. The month-long separation from my laptop appears to have kicked my Muse into overdrive. ;)

I somehow get the feeling that Luke was more of the ?observe everything? infant while Leia was the talker. Oh yes, she?s totally Daddy?s Girl. ;)

I think that in canon, Bail better served his cause in a passive-aggressive form, working from behind the scenes and within the Empire. However, here he?s a known enemy of the Empire and when you?re forced to become a fugitive, that changes things quite a bit. He?s dead tired and frustrated with all this talk? he?s planning on going out and doing something constructive, Jedi or no Jedi.

tjdavis1138
    Thank you very much! [:D] I am not familiar with Lwyn?nya Kenobi?s work, but I take that as really high praise. [face_blush] Thanks! [:D] I?m glad and honoured that you took the chance to delve into this monster of a story and decided to take the time to read it. :) I?ll add you to the PM list.

Darth-Nellie
    I think you just hit the nail on the nose with that. You definitely know what?s going on here. ;)

JediMasterAmanda
    Glad to see you back and still reading! [:D] Well? discord is likely to come up even between the best of friends when the situation is as dire as it is right now. They?re all stressed out and? to be honest? they?re doing more talk and thinking than actually moving towards something that will help them do what they talk and think about.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER LVII
    The Sith Lord Enigma

Whether it was what had transpired between Bail and Padmé and the Jedi, or if it had been all the information flooding him about Yoda and time travel, or a combination of both, Anakin slept badly that night. His dreams had become an even more confusing tangle of images, resulting in his dream self stumbling through barren wasteland towards a massive temple, running across the burnt land of a fiery, volcanic planet, and getting lost in a great, earthen maze with the sun beating unrelentingly on his back while he searched desperately for water ? all at the same time. Again, it seemed as though blood was thundering ferociously in his ears as he heard what was like a pounding heartbeat and two echoes of it? and wherever his dream self went, the violet eyes seemed to follow, watching his every move.

Anakin woke several hours before dawn and rolled out of bed, finally tired of repeatedly waking up from his dreams and being unable to go back to a peaceful sleep. Some exhausted part of his brain shouted that perhaps he should try meditating for a while, but another part seemed reluctant to do anything that screamed ?Jedi!? after what had been said the day before. Shaking thoughts of fiery fields and violet eyes from his mind, Anakin dressed and left his sleeping wife and children in the bedroom.

There was only one thing that could keep his mind off of things: finishing Jaina?s mechanical arm. Heading to his work station, Anakin flicked on the lights manually and retrieved his tools. Sitting down at the table, he resumed work on the half-completed project.

?Master Ani?? an inquisitive voice spoke from the shadows.

Anakin nearly jumped a foot in the air. ?Threepio!? he shouted indignantly. ?Don?t scare me like that!?

C-3PO clanked into view. ?I?m terrible sorry, Master Anakin. I was merely curious as to what you were up to at a time like this. Shouldn?t you be asleep??

?Can?t sleep,? Anakin replied off-handedly. ?So I?m working. Big deal. Aren?t you supposed to be watching the younglings??

Watching the younglings had been a job given to the droids and Scout and Whie while Sheltay had been occupied with the twins. They would now have to figure out a different arrangement, as Sheltay had left the previous evening with Bail, Captain Antilles and the crew of the Tantive IV. Where they were headed, no one knew. Anakin hoped that they would survive long enough without being caught by the Empire for Bail to put some of his plans into action ? or reach someone who could help him with those plans.

?Mistress Scout said that I?m a rusty, golden garbage dump not suited to run after children. I?m afraid I must agree with her in some respect, Master Anakin. I am not very good at running after children. Most of the time they try to trip me up so I fall over, or they throw balls at me and see how many they can get to bounce off my poor old gears.? 3PO sounded very flustered as he related this story. ?I am not, however, a rusty, golden garbage dump! Am I?? He sounded like he desperately needed reassurance.

Anakin rolled his eyes. ?You?re not,? he said in what he hoped 3PO would understand as an encouraging tone.

?Thank you, sir!?

He sounded elated.

?Mistress Scout said that Mistress Padmé might find another use for me,? 3PO continued, ?so I came back here. Unfortunately Mistress Padmé told me to shut up and go back to my job when I asked her about it. I don?t know what to do now! I?m so confused.?

Anakin sighed. Poor Threepio, he thought. He?s perpetually confused. Maybe I really should give him that update I?ve been meaning to get for him for a while.

?Don?t worry about it, Threepio,? he said, rubbing a hand over his face as he tried to concentrate on his work. ?You can stay down here for a bit until we get things sorted out. Just try to be quiet, I?m trying to work.?

?Of course, sir! Thank you, sir! I can be very quiet, sir, if I?m asked to. In fact, I can be completely and utterly silent when needed; in some cultures that shows re

14. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    There I thought the last chapter was mysterious and what do you do now?? Even more mysteriuosness[face_shame_on_you] [face_hypnotized]
    At least C-3PO is as...er...refreshing as always:p
    Can't wait for the next chapter!![:D]

15. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Poor 3PO! He's being abused by Scout!

The good witches will help them and Padme will be the best woman to represent them.

16. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Sebast Velik

Is that Plageus' real name or did you just make that up? Either way, nice way to introduce him and it makes sense on how he knew so much about the Force.

Also, good explaining how the cave on Dagobah is full of the Dark Side.

Um... that's really all I can say for now. I just want to read the next chapter to see where you take this. Hurry up, will ya?!

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

17. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Finally he told him!
    [face_laugh]

I've been a lurker on this story for a while. Can you add me to your PM List?

18. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    Hahahahahah.... C3P0

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    My head hurts from the time travel discussion. :p

An awesome way to tie everything together with Plageus, the guy Yoda traveled with... :D And what the heck is up with Threepio and the tea? I've got a bad feeling about that! [face_worried]

Awesome post, Idrelle. :D

20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    So Anakin and Han have something in common, Threepio can grate down on both of their nerves :p

anyways I can't wait for more :)

21. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    I agree, time travel does make your head hurt.[face_hypnotized] But anyway that was a great update, hope to hear about one soon.:D

22. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    hey!

Poor Threepio - I always felt like he was a bit misunderstood!

Also, it's looking like they're going to Dathomir soon... I'm excited :)

Great update, as always! Can't wait to see what happens!!

23. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Great chapter. I'm really interested in seeing what happens on Dathomir! Hope they can eventually take out all these pesky Sith and return to their normal times. :)

24. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Ooo great chapter Idrelle - I hope Anakin can't find information about the prophesies I want to know what they say now. Also looking forward to finding out what happens on Dathomir!

Looking forward to the next.

25. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    "Temporal paradoxs give me a headache." -- Kathryn Janeway

*nods sagely* Truer words have never been spoken. o_O I'm assuming there's some sort of flow chart with all this laid out right?

So by my slightly 8-} count you've got Plagieus, Sidious, Kryat and Augustine running about messing with time. Jaina's an oracle and Anakin needs to learn a heartbreaking secret in order to set him up for the final battle. And Padme's got something crazy cooking up her sleeve.

[face_cowboy] Good times.

BTW... Lord Enigma would make a great Sith name. [face_whistling] Just sayin' so.

:D

Cyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.