Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Is Qui-Gon going to be making any experiences. It has been awhile since I have read the older chapters, and I can't remember if he appeared yet. He could probably help out a lot
  2. Darth-Semians Jedi Master

star 2
    He's dead; died in Episode I. This story is an alternate verson of the ending of Episode III and the Inter-trilogy.
  3. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    GeneralKenobi7
    Mysterious is my middle name. ;)

3PO is being 3PO. He?s been off-screen for a very long time because he?s been placed caring for the overly hyperactive younglings and he?s gotten quite frustrated with that. :p

Lady_Misty
    Alas, no one understands protocol droids. ;)

Darth-Semians
    I made that up, with some research into foreign languages to find something that sounded Muun-y. :p I?m glad that you found that it was a good way to introduce him ? I was worried that the chapter sounded too Major Info Dump-y. Maybe it still does. 8-}

LittleMissNightsaber
    3PO prattles. Not really his fault ? no one takes him seriously. I feel sorry for him, since he?s kind of the ignored droid. But he might prove himself to be useful someday and do something that surprises everyone. ;) I?ll add you to the PM list, no problem! :)

Jainasolo101
    Yes, 3PO being his usual self. Though that really wasn?t the point of the chapter. :p

Jon
    Believe me, that happens to me too. :p 8-} Glad that you liked the way things tie together. :)

Oh dear, it seems you?re becoming a bit paranoid. 3PO is just trying to find a way out of his predicament (well, he sees it as a predicament), but he?s not really aware of the seriousness of the situation so he?s a bit? random, let?s say.

JediFalcon
    I suppose one can say that. 3PO has a habit of interrupting during moments where the main characters would rather not be interrupted ? hence being annoyed. ;)

Icecruncher_Amidala
    No kidding. Hence the reason it should remain as a FORBIDDEN practice. :p I swear after this, I will have had my fill of writing time travel fics? 8-}

Jedi_Sword
    Believe me, I get that feeling, too. His worries and concerns aren?t always? significant to the characters in the moment that beloved protocol droid decides to interrupt, so he tends to get shunted to one side.

Yes, Dathomir. The next stop on the road to insanity. :p

Serena
    Well, that?s what they?re all hoping. Pesky? I think things might just go a bit farther than that? ;)

Diamond
    Prophecies galore. :D They?re troublesome things, though. [face_plain]

Cyn
    I think I?ll steal that quote. Too true, too true! Temporal paradoxes hurt one?s head!

There is a ?timeline? on my computer for this story. It?s a very specifically colour-coded. I also have a hard copy, which is even crazier but easier to follow because it?s a colour-coded flow-chart with arrows. :D

Yes, good times, good times. You?ve got the list straight, I see. :D

Lord Enigma, eh? Hmm. Sweet. Can I steal it? [face_batting] Though of course, at the moment, everything with the word ?enigma? in it is associated to Enigma Variations, the play that is causing much headaches in acquiring it for my Script Interpretation and Analysis class. The bookstore didn?t have it, so my entire class has to place reservations. Headache-inducing, let me tell you.

Talon_Kenobi
    Though ROTS told us that Qui-Gon discovered how to become a Force ghost and such, I can?t promise any appearances soon. He may realize that there is very little that he can do to help in these particular, strange circumstances.

Thanks for reading, guys! [:D]

Author?s Note
    I am officially back to school now. Second year university certainly bumps things up from what I was doing last year. My program is notoriously? crazy, let?s say, when you?re involved in theoretical classes as well as performance ones. I?ve only had two classes so far and already I have a mountain of reading to do (Plato? grr? can?t read Plato?s stuff very quickly, though his theories on why drama is awful and evil are interesting). I have one chapter which I will be posting now, and another chapter which Nat is currently betaing, given that she has the time to do so since she?s also back at school. After that, I?m not sure when I?ll be able to update, so apologies in advance. :) Hold in there, we?ve still got a long way to go!

4. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    CHAPTER LVIII
    Quest

In other days, Shanthral could have been considered a lush paradise. Nowadays, the web of fear that choked the beautiful landscape of forests, mountains and lakes had shattered that possibility. The moment Darth Krayt stepped foot on the planet, he could sense that it was burning with the dark side. There was power here ? deep, unsettled power. A bizarre, bitter tang in the air that sent shivers up and down his spine alerted him to the cause: a time traveller had resided here not long before, and it seemed to be a rendezvous point as well. Time portals had been opened and closed so many times on this planet that they had left their mark deep within the ties of the Force that bound this place together and breathed life into it.

With his ship settled in an isolated glade, Krayt took to exploring the thick forested land by foot. As he wound his way along a river?s edge, he occasionally caught glances of the primitive natives who populated the planet. They were a Force-sensitive species, and their fear blazed through the Force like a beacon whenever they caught sight of him. He knew they could sense the darkness that had become his friend and ally.

Silly creatures, he thought. He was not here to threaten them. Who would waste their time on such an insignificant species? There were much more important things to do. Even though he kept this mind, he could not help but feel slightly glorified at the thought that his presence alone could inspire such fear in a sentient being. When Sidious was deposed of and he, Krayt, took control? it would feel like this. What power it would be to have an entire Galaxy bow to him. He would be as close to a god as it was possible.

It was the thought that kept him fuelled as he attempted to pinpoint the source of the dark energies on Shanthral. He had lately suffered a great disappointment. He could still sense his master. Sidious was alive and well, which meant that either Skywalker had failed and been killed, or neither Sith nor Jedi had been able to defeat another. Until he returned to the metropolitan centres of the Galaxy, Krayt would not know for certain. Out here on the distant Outer-Rim, there was no way for him to contact anyone.

Sidious? survival meant that Krayt would now have to be very careful. By now his master would no doubt have discovered his apprentice?s attempted betrayal ? after all, who else could have lead Skywalker so nicely right into Kuduran? Regardless of whether Skywalker had survived or not, Krayt would still have to tread carefully around his master. Sidious would not take betrayal lightly, even if said betrayal had brought him the Chosen One.

Krayt?s best hope of surviving Sidious? wrath would be to carry out his mission fully. If he could bring Sidious this professor, this man called Augustine, he would be forgiven. If not? he himself would be on the run and he would be the one being hunted down.

Some part of his mind revelled in this idea. He was not afraid. How he would like to take on his master, to show him that he was not the snivelling, pathetic ghost of a man who had resurfaced from his brutal encounters with war and torture in the fathoms of the future. He could defeat Sidious, given the right circumstances, and do away with all this sneaking around like a bounty hunter?

No. He had to focus. He was on the safest path right now ? safest for him to survive, which was what mattered. Glory could wait. Glory meant nothing if he had to die for it.

The power of the dark side seemed to leak everywhere on this planet. It was quickly becoming impossible to find the source. Attempting to keep his temper in check, Krayt continued his fruitless search for the next two days, but to no avail.

It was a cold night when he came across her. The moon blazed high in the sky, the eaves of the forest filtering its silvery glow. Krayt had strode through the thick forest vegetation, slicing low branches and underbrush out of the way with his lightsaber, and arrived in a small glade. Half of the glade seemed o
  5. GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    He didn't have to kill the Shantra!:mad: Evil boy!
    YOu should change your middle name to 'very mysterious'. Who the heck is the 'Master' and what does he want??!
  6. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Ohmigosh!

Things seem to be falling into place!

If Augustine is working for a Sith than that would explain a few things, especially if that Sith is Plaugious.
  7. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    *Taps chin* Very interesting... [face_thinking] So, Islen served this Master and Krayt is going to find him and darn, ym head just imploded. [face_laugh] I loved the mental battle in the first part, but boo! :mad: No need to kill her... oh, wait. He's a Sith. They don't need a reason. :(

Good luck with school, too. *Cheers Idrelle on*
  8. Darth_Nellie Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow, what a great chapter. And here was me thinking that things couldn't get any more interesting. Love the idea of an even bigger plan at work than Sidious and his machinations and it is nice to get an update on Krayt.

All the best with your second year at uni and I look forward to further updates when you're able to write them But uni comes first and besides, I'm not going anywhere.
  9. Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Did you already have all this planned, or do you make it up as you go along?:p Thanks for the pm.:)
  10. Diamond_Revelation Force Ghost

star 3
    ooo I am looking forward to discovering who this new master of Kryat's is!

Great chapter Idrelle - looking forward to the next.
  11. Darth-Semians Jedi Master

star 2
    Nicely done, Idri.

Well... lets see if we got everything correct: Skywalker is searching for the words to the prophacy; Padme is dealing with Organa; the Jedi are going to Dathomir; Sidious is nuts; Krayt is devious; Augustine is cunning... is there anyting I left out?

Can't wait for the next update, great job.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]
  12. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    A Sith-inspired treasure hunt? o_O

Krayt should be good and nasty by the end of it... [face-worried]

I'm just going to put this out there, I don't know how you feel about it but I'm gonna say it anyways: Augustine is Islen's master.

:p

What? It's a good idea!

:D

Cyn
  13. JediMasterAmanda Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great updates. Sorry I fell behind again. It's been hard to find time to actually look for updates to stories I don't get PMs for.
  14. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, intense chapter. Now you've really got me curious about this mysterious master! I'm sorry I didn't review sooner, I've been busy with work. [face_frustrated] Fantastic chapter, Idri!
  15. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    GeneralKenobi7
    Evil, perhaps, but to Krayt?s twisted logic, it was a perfectably acceptable action. Sith Lords who have no qualms about killing and murder may have a tendency to act like serial killers, perhaps, but every act has a point and a purpose. Kanthrai?s death had several.

Idrelle ?Very Mysterious? Miocovani. Sounds lovely. :p Sounds even better with my Real Life name. [face_laugh] Oh, Islen?s Master. He?s been around the block a few times and he wants something very, very specific.

Lady_Misty
    Yeah, things are falling into place a bit more. You?re getting new information, the characters are searching for the truth. Things are about to get more interesting ? and much, much more dangerous.

Hmm? so Augustine is working for Plagueis, you think? [face_thinking] Interesting. As usual when it comes to the domain of Sith Lord identity, I take the stance of ?no comment.? :p

Jon
    Uh oh? if I caused your head to implode, does that mean that I have to clean it up? :p As I mentioned before, Krayt had his reasons for killing Kanthrai. Just because he?s a Sith doesn?t have much to do with it. ;) But that doesn?t take away from the tragedy of her death. I liked her. In case you?ve forgotten, she?s the same Shanthra who helped Jaina and Obi-Wan when they went Shanthral many, many chapters ago (before everything went crazy, ha. :p ).

Thanks for the cheering! I think I need it. I have a couple of auditions coming up, plus I?m composing a few pieces of solo clarinet music that act as incidental music for a play and I have six weeks to write, produce and direct a short sketch? and I have rehearsals for a historical re-enactment. :D And that?s all extra cirricular. [face_beatup] I?m a busy girl. [face_laugh]

Darth_Nellie
    It?s been hinted at before, but there?s A LOT more going on than just what Sidious is up to. That?s just one side of the story, but there?s something a lot deeper and a lot more twisted going on that all the characters are involved with, whether they realize it or not.

Icecruncher_Amidala
    It?s all planned out, believe it or not. :p You should see my notes? or the diagrams. With highlighted arrows and flow-charts. :D [face_hypnotized] I?d have to kill myself if I was making it all up as I go along. I doubt I?d be able to keep all the threads straight if I didn?t plan and organize and make notes. :)

Diamond
    Thanks! Krayt?s on a Quest to find that Master. Naturally, it?s not going to be an easy thing, haha. O:)

Darth-Semians
    Well... lets see if we got everything correct: Skywalker is searching for the words to the prophacy; Padme is dealing with Organa; the Jedi are going to Dathomir; Sidious is nuts; Krayt is devious; Augustine is cunning... is there anyting I left out?

Something like that. :p Sidious is nuts, I concur, but he is somewhat of an overly genius nutter. [face_skull] As for Augustine? no comment. Haha. O:)

Cyn
    Not a treasure hunt, exactly, more like a? man-hunt. A one-person man-hunt, if I can refer to it as such. :p Krayt being good and nasty is worrying you? [face_thinking] It depends on who the nastiness is being directed at. There?s the entire possibility that he goes up against Palpatine after this, cuts his ties as apprentice? the roots for it have been in place for a long time.

Augustine as Islen?s master is a good idea. I can see why you?d think that. :p

O:) [face_devil]

JediMasterAmanda
    Thanks for still reading! [:D] I?ve added you to the PM list. :)

Serena
    Hey, no worries. [:D] I?m crazy busy myself with my new school year, so I totally understand. :) I?m glad that you?re still reading, though!

Thank you for your comments, everyone! [:D] :)
  16. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Ack, I missed replying to two! But I of course love them and can't wait to see some more Krayt! :D
  17. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    As an earlier reader said, I am not familiar with the EU (and have no intention of becoming so, sorry) and find time travel stories often difficult for an author - you, however, are doing a magnificent job with the entire cast (and of course, my Obi ;) ).

I finally had 1/2 a day to read this and am glad I did. This is a fantastic story and so well written!
  18. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Very interesting and mysterious indeed and I can't wait until you update again.

19. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Nat
    Of course you would want to see more Krayt. :p

Valairy_Scot
    One of the things I was hoping to achieve with this story was that it could be accessible to everyone: people who haven't read the post-ROTJ EU or necessarily know what goes on with it, and those who don't particularly like Saga-based stories. Thank you so much for your comments! :D I do love writing Obi-Wan. He's a good character. ;)

JediFalcon
    Yay! Mysteries are always fun. Hee hee hee. :p

A/N: I'm still very busy with school (and an attempt at NaNo that isn't going anywhere very quickly :p ), but I have a chapter that I finished a couple months ago for your entertainment. :) Hopefully once I get into the December exam period, I will have more time to write. :D

20. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    CHAPTER LIX
    Singing Mountain

They left Mon Calamari in the quiet hours of the morning. The medics were not keen on letting Jaina go, but once Anakin had attached her cybernetic arm, she was desperate to leave the medcentre. Padmé and Obi-Wan were both concerned that they had stayed in one spot for too long and that if they extended their stay any longer, they would be putting Ackbar and his people in grave danger. The council that governed Coral City was kind enough to offer them a small ship fresh from the shipyards. Mon Cal ships were well known for their high quality and Anakin was nearly jumping at the chance to pilot one. Jaina, with a slightly reminiscent smile on her face, christened it Trickster Queen. After giving a final farewell to their kind hosts, they boarded the ship and left for Dathomir.

Jaina was sad to be leaving Mon Calamari. The soft, tranquil ocean planet had offered her a healing serenity that was more powerful than any medications the medics could administer. She did not know how long she had been imprisoned in Kuduran ? perhaps it had been a month or more, given the amount of time that had passed since she had been captured ? but the peacefulness she had been surrounded by gave her a sense of liberating freedom that began to heal her. Due to the Delik-66, her condition was unknown and they could only guess which way it would turn. Jaina had quickly grown tired of everyone worrying about her; it became so irritating that whenever someone enquired about how she was feeling, she would snap at them.

In truth, she was feeling stronger. But there was some part of her that felt like it would be forever weak. If she concentrated enough, she could hide the feeling and forget about it, but it was always there whenever she woke up in the morning and went to bed in the evening. She did not dare tell anyone about it in case it caused another spur of worrying. She knew she wouldn?t be able to stand it if her comrades began fussing over her like a child again.

The flight to Dathomir was short and quiet. The peace that had been found on Mon Calamari had followed them on to the ship. There wasn?t much to do except rest and talk. Jaina had spent some time with the twins ? she always felt more at rest whenever they were around. Leia?s eyes always widened whenever Jaina entered the room, and she would immediately start cooing and babbling restlessly until Jaina came over and held her.

Jaina was surprised at how much the twins had grown during her absence. The last time she had seen them ? which had been on Alderaan ? they had been tiny little things. Now they were awake and inquisitive; Leia had a habit of babbling in her baby talk about everything she could set her eyes on. Luke, on the other hand, observed his surroundings peacefully and listened to his sister prattle on.

?You know, that picture gets me every time just because I can?t help but think about how Leia is your mother,? Kyp said from the doorway.

Jaina looked up. She was alone in Anakin and Padmé?s cabin, sitting on one of the chairs. Luke was still in his cradle, happily inspecting some sort of Mon Cal toy Padmé had picked up for him, and Leia was in her arms.

?Oh?? she said. ?And is it weird in any other way??

Kyp put on a look of mock puzzlement. ?No,? he concluded after a moment.

Jaina raised an eyebrow. ?Really??

He shrugged. ?I don?t know. It?s not that difficult to picture you with kids, Jaina.?

Jaina stared at him. ?Me?? she said, startled. ?With kids?? She looked down at Leia, who was carefully inspecting the fingers of Jaina?s new prosthetic. ?I?m a soldier, Kyp. I?m not exactly the mothering type.?

He spread his hands. ?Just an honest observation.?

Jaina felt her face redden. She was speechless for a moment, completely uncertain of what to say. She wasn?t sure why Kyp?s remark was bothering her so much, either. Maybe it was because she had never thought about future families. So much of her life was now wrapped up in saving her past family ? her grandfather, her mother, her uncle. She
  21. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    Wahoo - an update! I read enough EU before I gave up on it (went thru Ben's birth) that I know of the Witches.

Great to have an update - so, more survivors, eh?
  22. GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The witches knew Yoda?? This get's more mysterious the minute (I know I've been using that word for the last three?four? replies at least, but I can't help it:p ). Definitely make that your middle name!
    More survivors! That's the first good news since...I can't remember when...:)
  23. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Jaina got to hold on for as long as she is needed.

It's nice to meet all of these people we know from the books.
  24. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    An awesome, awesome update. Nice to see the Dathomiri there. :) Even Teneniel made a cameo. Cin Drallig, eh? Don't really know him, but sounds like a good guy. ;) Loved the writing here, descriptive without being overwhelming. Tense, too.

And Jaina, Jaina, Jaina... *Shakes head* Srubborn people like that sometimes exasperate me. :p Still great post and good to see this fic back.
  25. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Awesome chapter!! I love Jaina meeting tenel Ka's ancestors :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.